BTC payment stuck at vendor's instruction email

tendency

Explorer
Joined
Oct 21, 2025
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest, USA
Hi - I'm trying to complete an order from a vendor overseas and I'm paying with BTC. The coin is ready to go, but the vendor sent back an email containing what look like QR codes. I'm not sure how to use those to send BTC. There's also a BTC 'taproot' included, and I have no idea what that means. I attempted to use it as the wallet address in a test, but verification of the address didn't pass. Any help would be great! Thnaks-
 
Once you scan the QR code, head to the field where the BTC address is entered, and the address ought to paste in automatically.
 
Thanks - I now have the wallet address, but PayPal won't accept it, even though my checks show it's a valid BTC wallet. I suppose I'll give it a go from Coinbase instead.. appreciate the assistance!
 
tendency said:

Thanks - I now have the wallet address, but PayPal won't accept it, even though my checks show it's a valid BTC wallet. I suppose I'll give it a go from Coinbase instead.. appreciate the assistance!
If possible, make your BTC purchases and transfers through Exodus—it'll save you hassle. PayPal is a real headache, and Coinbase isn't much of an improvement.
 
tendency said:

Thanks - I now have the wallet address, but PayPal won't accept it, even though my checks show it's a valid BTC wallet. I suppose I'll give it a go from Coinbase instead.. appreciate the assistance!
Move your coins into a "warm" wallet first — options include Exodus, Phantom, or Metamask — and from there forward them to the vendor
 
tendency said:

Seems PayPal is holding my crypto for 3 days. Oh well, lesson learned 🙂
Most likely that was the problem. Before you're allowed to withdraw, the legacy fiat system has to clear your money.

Make sure you transfer to a warm wallet rather than sending directly from your exchange wallet.
 
PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
 
Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
 
Fait88 said:

Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
For crypto purchases, I use Exodus and pay with a credit card, PayPal, or ApplePay. Since I am still quite new to crypto, I have no clue what a Trust Wallet involves. I am not investing in crypto, so I only purchase the amount needed to finish my transaction.
 
Glenn said:

Fait88 said:

Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
For crypto purchases, I use Exodus and pay with a credit card, PayPal, or ApplePay. Since I am still quite new to crypto, I have no clue what a Trust Wallet involves. I am not investing in crypto, so I only purchase the amount needed to finish my transaction.
From what I understand, Trust Wallet and Exodus appear to be equivalent. Thanks for clearing up that using Exodus by itself is sufficient for purchasing crypto and forwarding it to vendors. I'm not a crypto person myself—I'm only inquiring at this point because it's the payment method they prefer.
 
Fait88 said:

Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
Both Exodus and Trust Wallet fall under the category of "warm wallets" — that is, software wallets that maintain an internet connection.

Correct, there's no difference between them.

Should you be able to purchase crypto directly via exodus or trust wallet, that works fine. That said, a lot of banks and credit card providers will refuse those transactions, and that's the reason individuals turn to Paypal/venmo/coinbase and similar services...
 
Cdub100 said:

Fait88 said:

Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
Both Exodus and Trust Wallet fall under the category of "warm wallets" — that is, software wallets that maintain an internet connection.

Correct, there's no difference between them.

Should you be able to purchase crypto directly via exodus or trust wallet, that works fine. That said, a lot of banks and credit card providers will refuse those transactions, and that's the reason individuals turn to Paypal/venmo/coinbase and similar services...
Thanks—this makes it much easier to understand why so many people start with Coinbase and then move their funds into a “warm wallet” afterward.
 
Glenn said:

Fait88 said:

Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
For crypto purchases, I use Exodus and pay with a credit card, PayPal, or ApplePay. Since I am still quite new to crypto, I have no clue what a Trust Wallet involves. I am not investing in crypto, so I only purchase the amount needed to finish my transaction.
I've been considering that option, but held back because of possible fees if I buy straight from Exodus? Were the fees steep for you?
 
Fait88 said:

Cdub100 said:

Fait88 said:

Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
Both Exodus and Trust Wallet fall under the category of "warm wallets" — that is, software wallets that maintain an internet connection.

Correct, there's no difference between them.

Should you be able to purchase crypto directly via exodus or trust wallet, that works fine. That said, a lot of banks and credit card providers will refuse those transactions, and that's the reason individuals turn to Paypal/venmo/coinbase and similar services...
Thanks—this makes it much easier to understand why so many people start with Coinbase and then move their funds into a “warm wallet” afterward.

Crumplestiltskin said:

Glenn said:

Fait88 said:

Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
For crypto purchases, I use Exodus and pay with a credit card, PayPal, or ApplePay. Since I am still quite new to crypto, I have no clue what a Trust Wallet involves. I am not investing in crypto, so I only purchase the amount needed to finish my transaction.
I've been considering that option, but held back because of possible fees if I buy straight from Exodus? Were the fees steep for you?
Using a wallet such as Exodus always ends up costing you extra.

Since they aren't holding the crypto themselves, the wallet routes your transaction through whichever exchange they've teamed up with — typically one with steeper pricing — and then tacks on their own charges.

Comparing a few options could bring the cost down.
 
Crumplestiltskin said:

Glenn said:

Fait88 said:

Glenn said:

PayPal is terrible when it comes to crypto. Every attempt I made with PayPal and crypto went nowhere. Exodus, on the other hand, has worked well for me.
I'm new to this. When you get crypto through Exodus, is it bought right there, or do you have to purchase on Coinbase first and then move it over to Exodus?

Does Trust Wallet work the same way?
For crypto purchases, I use Exodus and pay with a credit card, PayPal, or ApplePay. Since I am still quite new to crypto, I have no clue what a Trust Wallet involves. I am not investing in crypto, so I only purchase the amount needed to finish my transaction.
I've been considering that option, but held back because of possible fees if I buy straight from Exodus? Were the fees steep for you?
To be honest, I don't really know. From start to finish, it looks like I spent roughly $10 in fees on a $500 order.
 
Back
Top