BSW water vs BAC water

Guccipoppi

Explorer
Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Japan
Wagwan

I'm trying to source some bac water, but getting it into Japan seems to be a pain.

That said, I stumbled on BWS water, and its ingredients match Hospira's, so could it simply be a naming difference?

Everywhere I've checked refers to it as BAC water, but I figured I'd ask the elders (that's you lot lol)





9a8b89a006d5d7224003ddacb954be84eab7bc1f43bc92cfbd78c71e05c2d271.webp
 
Guccipoppi said:


Wagwan

Im looking into getting some bac water, but it seems hard to get into Japan.

Although I did come across BWS water, and the ingredients look the same as Hospira, so maybe it's just a difference in name only?

Everywhere I've looked says it's BAC water, but I wanted to check with the elders (you guys lol)

View attachment 41943

Click to expand...
I don't get it. The box clearly states 'Bacteriostatic Water For Injection'. Is there something I'm overlooking?
 
S

Fostradamus said:

I don't get it. The box clearly states 'Bacteriostatic Water For Injection'. Is there something I'm overlooking?

My bad for the mix-up.

The reason I asked is that the label shows BSW and it's a brand nobody else has brought up.

Getting Hospira, lambda and the like shipped into Japan is a hassle, so I'm hunting for other options.
 
If the label on the box states bacteriostatic water for injection and the ingredients include 0.9% benzyl alcohol, then it belongs to the same category of product that people refer to as BAC water. Brand and country cause the abbreviations to vary, which is why what is listed in the ingredients counts for more than whether BAC or BSW appears on the label. The one that differs is plain sterile water, which contains no preservative, and that type should be used the same day once it has been opened.
 
Back
Top