BPC + KPV for a senior dog

CariocaLeftSeoul

Explorer
Joined
Feb 19, 2026
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, FL
About 2 months back, my westie β€” she's 15 β€” began having diarrhea that wouldn't stop. Because of her age she's in diapers indoors for incontinence, yet normally πŸ’© isn't an issue since she can hold it until a walk; once it turned liquid, though, holding it wasn't possible, and dog diapers aren't designed for that, given the tail opening sits in a bad spot for diarrhea.

So off to the vet she went. Nothing was found wrong; he prescribed antibiotics as a precaution and we began probiotics.

A few days after that, I figured why not try the BPC and KPV sitting in my freezer and start giving her injections (she's 15, so what could it hurt?). She improved, and I wasn't even dosing daily β€” only whenever I remembered. Then, roughly 2 weeks later, I lost track and forgot, and the diarrhea returned. I injected her again and she improved by the next morning. Two weeks ago I was away for the weekend, completely forgot to dose her once I got back, and the diarrhea came back. Another injection, and again she improved overnight.

Since then I've stayed consistent, because now I KNOW the BPC and/or KPV were doing the work. No need to pay the vet again just to hear she's old but perfectly healthy, and my carpet is safe now.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has pets with diarrhea that has no explanation β€” it might be worth a shot (no pun intended).
 
CariocaLeftSeoul said:

About 2 months back, my westie β€” she's 15 β€” began having diarrhea that wouldn't stop. Because of her age she's in diapers indoors for incontinence, yet normally πŸ’© isn't an issue since she can hold it until a walk; once it turned liquid, though, holding it wasn't possible, and dog diapers aren't designed for that, given the tail opening sits in a bad spot for diarrhea.

So off to the vet she went. Nothing was found wrong; he prescribed antibiotics as a precaution and we began probiotics.

A few days after that, I figured why not try the BPC and KPV sitting in my freezer and start giving her injections (she's 15, so what could it hurt?). She improved, and I wasn't even dosing daily β€” only whenever I remembered. Then, roughly 2 weeks later, I lost track and forgot, and the diarrhea returned. I injected her again and she improved by the next morning. Two weeks ago I was away for the weekend, completely forgot to dose her once I got back, and the diarrhea came back. Another injection, and again she improved overnight.

Since then I've stayed consistent, because now I KNOW the BPC and/or KPV were doing the work. No need to pay the vet again just to hear she's old but perfectly healthy, and my carpet is safe now.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has pets with diarrhea that has no explanation β€” it might be worth a shot (no pun intended).
My girl gets pinned with klow, bpc, Tb 500, epithalon, or thymulan, and there have been no problems.
 
CNCCurrency said:

CariocaLeftSeoul said:

About 2 months back, my westie β€” she's 15 β€” began having diarrhea that wouldn't stop. Because of her age she's in diapers indoors for incontinence, yet normally πŸ’© isn't an issue since she can hold it until a walk; once it turned liquid, though, holding it wasn't possible, and dog diapers aren't designed for that, given the tail opening sits in a bad spot for diarrhea.

So off to the vet she went. Nothing was found wrong; he prescribed antibiotics as a precaution and we began probiotics.

A few days after that, I figured why not try the BPC and KPV sitting in my freezer and start giving her injections (she's 15, so what could it hurt?). She improved, and I wasn't even dosing daily β€” only whenever I remembered. Then, roughly 2 weeks later, I lost track and forgot, and the diarrhea returned. I injected her again and she improved by the next morning. Two weeks ago I was away for the weekend, completely forgot to dose her once I got back, and the diarrhea came back. Another injection, and again she improved overnight.

Since then I've stayed consistent, because now I KNOW the BPC and/or KPV were doing the work. No need to pay the vet again just to hear she's old but perfectly healthy, and my carpet is safe now.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has pets with diarrhea that has no explanation β€” it might be worth a shot (no pun intended).
My girl gets pinned with klow, bpc, Tb 500, epithalon, or thymulan, and there have been no problems.
What made you begin giving her injections, and have you seen any positive changes?
 
CariocaLeftSeoul said:

CNCCurrency said:

CariocaLeftSeoul said:

About 2 months back, my westie β€” she's 15 β€” began having diarrhea that wouldn't stop. Because of her age she's in diapers indoors for incontinence, yet normally πŸ’© isn't an issue since she can hold it until a walk; once it turned liquid, though, holding it wasn't possible, and dog diapers aren't designed for that, given the tail opening sits in a bad spot for diarrhea.

So off to the vet she went. Nothing was found wrong; he prescribed antibiotics as a precaution and we began probiotics.

A few days after that, I figured why not try the BPC and KPV sitting in my freezer and start giving her injections (she's 15, so what could it hurt?). She improved, and I wasn't even dosing daily β€” only whenever I remembered. Then, roughly 2 weeks later, I lost track and forgot, and the diarrhea returned. I injected her again and she improved by the next morning. Two weeks ago I was away for the weekend, completely forgot to dose her once I got back, and the diarrhea came back. Another injection, and again she improved overnight.

Since then I've stayed consistent, because now I KNOW the BPC and/or KPV were doing the work. No need to pay the vet again just to hear she's old but perfectly healthy, and my carpet is safe now.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has pets with diarrhea that has no explanation β€” it might be worth a shot (no pun intended).
My girl gets pinned with klow, bpc, Tb 500, epithalon, or thymulan, and there have been no problems.
What made you begin giving her injections, and have you seen any positive changes?
Diarrhea has been an ongoing issue for her over a long period. The epithlon and thymulin are being given with the hope of prolonging her life.
 
CNCCurrency said:

CariocaLeftSeoul said:

CNCCurrency said:

CariocaLeftSeoul said:

About 2 months back, my westie β€” she's 15 β€” began having diarrhea that wouldn't stop. Because of her age she's in diapers indoors for incontinence, yet normally πŸ’© isn't an issue since she can hold it until a walk; once it turned liquid, though, holding it wasn't possible, and dog diapers aren't designed for that, given the tail opening sits in a bad spot for diarrhea.

So off to the vet she went. Nothing was found wrong; he prescribed antibiotics as a precaution and we began probiotics.

A few days after that, I figured why not try the BPC and KPV sitting in my freezer and start giving her injections (she's 15, so what could it hurt?). She improved, and I wasn't even dosing daily β€” only whenever I remembered. Then, roughly 2 weeks later, I lost track and forgot, and the diarrhea returned. I injected her again and she improved by the next morning. Two weeks ago I was away for the weekend, completely forgot to dose her once I got back, and the diarrhea came back. Another injection, and again she improved overnight.

Since then I've stayed consistent, because now I KNOW the BPC and/or KPV were doing the work. No need to pay the vet again just to hear she's old but perfectly healthy, and my carpet is safe now.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has pets with diarrhea that has no explanation β€” it might be worth a shot (no pun intended).
My girl gets pinned with klow, bpc, Tb 500, epithalon, or thymulan, and there have been no problems.
What made you begin giving her injections, and have you seen any positive changes?
Diarrhea has been an ongoing issue for her over a long period. The epithlon and thymulin are being given with the hope of prolonging her life.
That is wonderful!
 
CariocaLeftSeoul said:

About 2 months back, my westie β€” she's 15 β€” began having diarrhea that wouldn't stop. Because of her age she's in diapers indoors for incontinence, yet normally πŸ’© isn't an issue since she can hold it until a walk; once it turned liquid, though, holding it wasn't possible, and dog diapers aren't designed for that, given the tail opening sits in a bad spot for diarrhea.

So off to the vet she went. Nothing was found wrong; he prescribed antibiotics as a precaution and we began probiotics.

A few days after that, I figured why not try the BPC and KPV sitting in my freezer and start giving her injections (she's 15, so what could it hurt?). She improved, and I wasn't even dosing daily β€” only whenever I remembered. Then, roughly 2 weeks later, I lost track and forgot, and the diarrhea returned. I injected her again and she improved by the next morning. Two weeks ago I was away for the weekend, completely forgot to dose her once I got back, and the diarrhea came back. Another injection, and again she improved overnight.

Since then I've stayed consistent, because now I KNOW the BPC and/or KPV were doing the work. No need to pay the vet again just to hear she's old but perfectly healthy, and my carpet is safe now.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has pets with diarrhea that has no explanation β€” it might be worth a shot (no pun intended).
Fantastic! What size is she, and what dose did she get?
 
cheaperseeker said:

CariocaLeftSeoul said:

About 2 months back, my westie β€” she's 15 β€” began having diarrhea that wouldn't stop. Because of her age she's in diapers indoors for incontinence, yet normally πŸ’© isn't an issue since she can hold it until a walk; once it turned liquid, though, holding it wasn't possible, and dog diapers aren't designed for that, given the tail opening sits in a bad spot for diarrhea.

So off to the vet she went. Nothing was found wrong; he prescribed antibiotics as a precaution and we began probiotics.

A few days after that, I figured why not try the BPC and KPV sitting in my freezer and start giving her injections (she's 15, so what could it hurt?). She improved, and I wasn't even dosing daily β€” only whenever I remembered. Then, roughly 2 weeks later, I lost track and forgot, and the diarrhea returned. I injected her again and she improved by the next morning. Two weeks ago I was away for the weekend, completely forgot to dose her once I got back, and the diarrhea came back. Another injection, and again she improved overnight.

Since then I've stayed consistent, because now I KNOW the BPC and/or KPV were doing the work. No need to pay the vet again just to hear she's old but perfectly healthy, and my carpet is safe now.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has pets with diarrhea that has no explanation β€” it might be worth a shot (no pun intended).
Fantastic! What size is she, and what dose did she get?
She weighs 12lbs. I can't recall the dose because I prepared the mixture some time ago and foolishly failed to write it down. My best guess is that it was near the amount suggested for regular folks, maybe a bit lower.
 
Back
Top