BPC-157, Angiogenesis, and Its Downstream Effects

rkbleddyn

Explorer
Joined
May 24, 2026
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Location
South Carolina USA
At times my lab work comes back with high hematocrit and RBC counts, whether I'm using TRT or not.

My most recent panel showed the same thing again. That caught me off guard a bit. I'm not on TRT at the moment, and when I look back at older results, it appears to make no difference either way. Nobody is really worried about it since every other CBC marker sits in a near-perfect range — platelets, WBC, all of it. Same as it has always been. We already went deep down that rabbit hole previously, running every test available plus scans, and everything came back normal.

This morning my Dr. called and asked whether I'd looked at my results. I said 'what do you think?'. He knows I've already gone through all of it. So we return to the same old subject — blood letting, sleep apnea, blah blah blah. I do have a mild sleep apnea diagnosis, but I have to note that it only shows up when I'm fat. So here I am, still 32 lbs over my target. I've dropped 28 already, which is great, but...

Then my Dr. threw something at me I never expected. What about the BPC-157? And I'm like 'what, you mean the angiogenesis? How is that related? Then he says 'angiogenesis can cause erythrocytosis'. And I'm like WTF? Only I didn't say anything, and after thinking it over, I said 'Send me a link to the data on this'. So, he says 'well, there is no data but'... 🤣 Oh boy, here we go.

So I said, fine, I'll take a one month break from the BPC-157 now, get a blood draw, and we can test again.

Has anyone ever heard anything like that before? I have to think he totally pulled that one out of his hat, but who knows.
 
rkbleddyn said:

At times my lab work comes back with high hematocrit and RBC counts, whether I'm using TRT or not.

My most recent panel showed the same thing again. That caught me off guard a bit. I'm not on TRT at the moment, and when I look back at older results, it appears to make no difference either way. Nobody is really worried about it since every other CBC marker sits in a near-perfect range — platelets, WBC, all of it. Same as it has always been. We already went deep down that rabbit hole previously, running every test available plus scans, and everything came back normal.

This morning my Dr. called and asked whether I'd looked at my results. I said 'what do you think?'. He knows I've already gone through all of it. So we return to the same old subject — blood letting, sleep apnea, blah blah blah. I do have a mild sleep apnea diagnosis, but I have to note that it only shows up when I'm fat. So here I am, still 32 lbs over my target. I've dropped 28 already, which is great, but...

Then my Dr. threw something at me I never expected. What about the BPC-157? And I'm like 'what, you mean the angiogenesis? How is that related? Then he says 'angiogenesis can cause erythrocytosis'. And I'm like WTF? Only I didn't say anything, and after thinking it over, I said 'Send me a link to the data on this'. So, he says 'well, there is no data but'... 🤣 Oh boy, here we go.

So I said, fine, I'll take a one month break from the BPC-157 now, get a blood draw, and we can test again.

Has anyone ever heard anything like that before? I have to think he totally pulled that one out of his hat, but who knows.

That angle never crossed my mind before. GPT calls it nonsense, though that isn't worth a lot.

My curiosity came from a BPC run I did, during which my hematocrit came back higher. I blamed it on an increase in my test dose, but I also wondered whether BPC played a part... looks like probably not.
 
woundcarping said:


I've never heard of considered that. GPT thinks it's bumpkis, which doesn't mean much.

I was interested because I ran a BPC cycle, had higher hematocrit which I attributed to a bump in my test dose but was considering BPC might have been contributing... doesn't seem likely.

Click to expand...
Honestly, nothing out there backs up what he's saying. According to my Dr., some study exists... supposedly, in some place. I've searched and come up empty, I'm not convinced by it, and I have no clue how he arrived at that conclusion.

Until he's willing to walk me through his reasoning, I'm done spending my time discussing it with him.

Asking ChatGPT or Grok never even crossed my mind — why burn their time too, lol.
 
A study from years back showed that grapefruit consumption may reduce HCT:



c762e425922fe21bd9baf9c2e3e4d3784493c1b9c013ff7bcc72d56093701008.jpg




Ingestion of grapefruit lowers elevated hematocrits in human subjects - PubMed



That research stemmed from in vitro findings where naringin, extracted from grapefruit, caused red blood cells to clump together, along with proof that aggregated red cells get cleared from blood via phagocytosis. The impact of incorporating grapefruit into the daily diet on hematocrit levels was assessed in 36 people...

b320573d11cf61237bed942e340f6d635a868f885d8811f73223b4cec24c8479.png



pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Also worth noting, oral NAC might unexpectedly raise HCT, particularly when taken at larger doses.
 
rkbleddyn said:


Well, there's no data supporting that claim. My Dr. said there's a study... you know, somewhere.

Click to expand...
Is a study really required? What happened to your playful side?
 
I get bloodwork done every 6 weeks, and a few of those draws happened while I was using BPC157 and TB500 at different points. Nothing has ever looked different to me. I'm not claiming it can't happen — only that what I've seen personally doesn't back up that assertion. My CBC tends to stay in a good range even with TRT and smaller blasts. Here's the draw from last month. At that point I was roughly 2 weeks into a 1 month run of 1mg TB500 plus 500mcg BPC157 per day. I was also taking 150mg TRT each week.
 
birdwhacker said:


Does there have to be a study? Where's your sense of whimsy?

Click to expand...
I'm giving a thumbs up purely because you used the word 'whimsy'. I need to work that into a conversation before the day is over.
 
Back
Top