In rodents, BPC truly performs wonders. For humans, though, physical therapy will deliver better results by targeting the mechanical problems underneath. My dog has mild arthritis, and I still need meloxicam or a veterinary NSAID such as Carprofen. With any luck, the BPC will at least reduce the chance of ulcers caused by NSAID use.
How I think about the non-GLP peptides:
1) A combination of several peptides might offer the greatest promise through synergy. The upside is that most peptides carry multiple benefits, which raises the odds of synergistic interaction. (For BPC, KLOW -- whether combined in the vial, in the syringe, or dosed separately -- is one way to begin aggressively. Conversely, certain individuals swear by KPV as their favorite non-GLP, layering it onto the anti-inflammatory effects of their GLP regimen.)
2) With certain peptides such as BPC and KPV, dosing at least twice daily might work better than one larger daily dose. And for some peptides, timing like bedtime could improve results:
Gemini said:
For a standard protocol involving BPC-157 and TB-500, the most optimal times to dose are right before bed (nighttime) or post-workout. If you are pinning once a day, before bed is arguably the best choice.
Click to expand...
3) Just as Epitalon aids restorative sleep, any peptide that supports energy or makes exercise easier could be a winner for chronic pain management. People associate MOTS-c and NAD+ with energy, yet neuropeptides such as
PE-22-28 might boost energy by improving mood and cognition.
4) Certain peptides are already approved human medications, so they may deserve more consideration. TA1, for instance, is a drug elsewhere (
Zadaxin) that could assist with any immune-linked inflammation. TA1 also appears in Dr. Lee's "top 3" (BPC, Epitalon, and TA1). Beyond TA1, ARA-290 is another underestimated peptide, backed by more objective human studies than BPC. In trials, ARA-290 reduced A1c and produced visible nerve growth changes compared with placebo.
5) Resolving GI inflammation through BPC or KPV can ease systemic inflammation, for instance from leaky gut syndrome (yet another cause of immune-related inflammation). Anti-inflammatory diets work the same way (such as the starch-based, whole-food approach advocated by the late Dr. John McDougall).
Bioexplorer said:
wxmanbc said:
Calm Logic said:
No one can say with certainty. KPV has no human trials at all. For BPC, the human data is limited. Since the GLPs bring in billions and fight inflammation, keeping or raising that dose is probably the top priority.
On a personal note, I like Dr. Lee. So sure, pick up some BPC. It's cheap enough and worth trying. BPC is also the peptide most often suggested for pets. I've got three dogs taking BPC capsules now (simpler than giving them injections). Only a few days in, so the only thing I can report is that they handle it fine.
In animal research, BPC has a very strong safety record. No toxic threshold has been identified.
A thread that's somewhat connected:
Peptides for a tweaked back
So I just messed up my back pretty badly. Second time in the same place and I'm fairly sure it's a herniated disk. The first time around, I felt it for months. I didn't do anything to treat it, yet it gradually improved over a month and then settled into a dull ache that I figured would stick around...
View attachment 11396
GLP1Chat.com
Compared to the two of them, Advil delivers far superior results. When it comes to any significant injury, neither is a miracle fix.
Indeed. There's no shortage of anecdotal reports about these peptides, yet subjective impressions aren't reliable. As far as BPC-157 goes, I didn't perceive any effect. KPV might have taken the edge off the pain somewhat, but it came nowhere near what a solid NSAID can do.
For back or joint pain, diclofenac works wonders. If your kidneys are in good shape, get a prescription right away. Sadly, NSAIDs are off the table for me, so I'm still hunting for other options.
That is a useful reminder about the gel form as well (brand name Voltaren).
As noted in another thread, inversion tables are one more possibility, offering at least short-term decompression relief.