UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:
Gt3294a said:
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:
View attachment 9962
There's plenty of discussion around muscle loss while on Tirzepatide. That can certainly happen, but according to my body scans, gaining muscle while dropping fat seems achievable too. Figured this crowd might find it useful!
Nice work. I’m curious what your height and weight were at the start—just to picture it better. Also, had you never lifted before and then started? And was GLP the only thing you used? Holding onto muscle—let alone adding it—is tough while dropping weight, so that’s genuinely impressive.
"starting height" had me cracking up
35 year old woman, 5'4"
SW: 237.9
CW: 199.7
Started tirz in March, nothing else in my routine.
Back in middle school and high school I played soccer, plus I did some running. Lifting though? Never got into it.
Here's the interesting part: certain studies indicate that muscle built during your teen years sticks around more reliably after you quit training compared to muscle you build later as an adult. Other research points to previously trained muscle, particularly from the teen years, growing quicker than muscle that was never deliberately worked. This matches what I've seen. My legs came roaring back with a vengeance, while my arms are totally lagging behind.