Blood work/Labs

Zuul said:

Rdg1970 said:

Zuul said:

This thread seems like a really great concept to me. Because of some unusual issues with my blood, I end up getting tested every couple of months no matter what, and I've been keeping an eye on a fair number of metrics from those tests. It would be really interesting to see how what I'm seeing lines up with what others here are experiencing.
I'm not sure whether the peculiarities in your case mean our results can be lined up side by side. A few days ago I got a full panel drawn — it covered a lot and cost a lot. To have everything run, I ended up paying 600 dollars out of my own pocket. Even so, I'd be glad to pass my numbers along so we can put them next to each other.
For years my hemoglobin, white blood cell, and similar blood readings have shown polycythemia vera markers, yet a Jak2 mutation test came back negative — so my hematologist dismisses it as 'just how you normally are,' never mind that I also deal with every physical symptom of polycythemia vera.

Wednesday morning I'm scheduled for a complete blood panel that includes cortisol; results ought to arrive by Friday. Would you want to compare notes once I have them?
No problem—a few of my results haven’t come back yet
 
Zuul said:

Rdg1970 said:

Zuul said:

This thread seems like a really great concept to me. Because of some unusual issues with my blood, I end up getting tested every couple of months no matter what, and I've been keeping an eye on a fair number of metrics from those tests. It would be really interesting to see how what I'm seeing lines up with what others here are experiencing.
I'm not sure whether the peculiarities in your case mean our results can be lined up side by side. A few days ago I got a full panel drawn — it covered a lot and cost a lot. To have everything run, I ended up paying 600 dollars out of my own pocket. Even so, I'd be glad to pass my numbers along so we can put them next to each other.
For years my hemoglobin, white blood cell, and similar blood readings have shown polycythemia vera markers, yet a Jak2 mutation test came back negative — so my hematologist dismisses it as 'just how you normally are,' never mind that I also deal with every physical symptom of polycythemia vera.

Wednesday morning I'm scheduled for a complete blood panel that includes cortisol; results ought to arrive by Friday. Would you want to compare notes once I have them?
What about red blood cell count? And hematocrit levels?
 
birdwhacker said:

A subforum like this makes a lot of sense. I'm hoping to begin doing blood tests in the near future.
Hey asshole! It's been a minute since I've seen you around. I'm heading in Friday to get my labs drawn, let's get this rolling!!! Once your bloodwork is done, I'll ship you a brand new 2500mg vial of test the very next day 😃 let's goooo!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

birdwhacker said:

A subforum like this makes a lot of sense. I'm hoping to begin doing blood tests in the near future.
Hey asshole! It's been a minute since I've seen you around. I'm heading in Friday to get my labs drawn, let's get this rolling!!! Once your bloodwork is done, I'll ship you a brand new 2500mg vial of test the very next day 😃 let's goooo!
Haha, I'm doing my best — I just need this money to land in a few more days... hopefully. Honestly, right now I'm starting to question whether I actually know what a "disbursement" and an "IRA rollover" mean... What if I typed a digit in wrong 💀
 
birdwhacker said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

birdwhacker said:

A subforum like this makes a lot of sense. I'm hoping to begin doing blood tests in the near future.
Hey asshole! It's been a minute since I've seen you around. I'm heading in Friday to get my labs drawn, let's get this rolling!!! Once your bloodwork is done, I'll ship you a brand new 2500mg vial of test the very next day 😃 let's goooo!
Haha, I'm doing my best — I just need this money to land in a few more days... hopefully. Honestly, right now I'm starting to question whether I actually know what a "disbursement" and an "IRA rollover" mean... What if I typed a digit in wrong 💀
Lol!!! Once your labs are done, an Overstock vial is coming your way!!!! I'll head straight to the post office, just make sure to keep me updated! I went with the superpower 199 deal, with 20% off it came to 179, which ought to give me a solid baseline.

And I've bumped it to next week because the 100mg I injected needs to clear out as much as possible so I get accurate numbers. I've done twst testing twice this year and both times it came back under 300. This makes my 3rd time, and it's the most thorough one yet.
 
Back
Top