Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That panel is a solid choice. As a starting reference, it should serve you well. Most of those markers won't be impacted by Reta. A1C is part of the panel — it reflects your average blood sugar over a longer period, and Reta ought to lower it. Still, if you're only beginning, testing now establishes where you're starting from.Daisbuys said:
Planning to get a blood test done.
Only just started Reta, so I was wondering whether the mot blood test is a decent baseline to work from?
The breakdown of what it covers is in the picture I attached:
Daisbuys said:
Thanks to you both for getting back to me
The price comes to £149, you do it yourself at home and then post the blood sample to the lab.
My yearly wellness appointment with my GP is scheduled for later this week, and I'm already aware that she'll be putting in orders for blood work. Beyond the tests you listed, is there anything else you'd recommend I request her to include? Since she wasn't the one who prescribed my GLP's, I'm also going back and forth on whether to mention that I'm using tirz.latviantower said:
That panel is a solid choice. As a starting reference, it should serve you well. Most of those markers won't be impacted by Reta. A1C is part of the panel — it reflects your average blood sugar over a longer period, and Reta ought to lower it. Still, if you're only beginning, testing now establishes where you're starting from.Daisbuys said:
Planning to get a blood test done.
Only just started Reta, so I was wondering whether the mot blood test is a decent baseline to work from?
The breakdown of what it covers is in the picture I attached:
Fasting glucose doesn't appear to be listed. That's fairly standard. Perhaps I overlooked it. You'll want to add that too.
Before beginning GLP's, mainstream medicine and compounding pharmacy teledocs typically require at least: fasting glucose, A1C, creatinine (kidney health indicator), AST & ALT (liver enzymes). EGFR (another kidney marker) is also requested by some. A standard complete metabolic panel (CMP) ought to cover all of these.
Good luck!
My recommendation would be to inform your doctor in the evening.New2ton said:
My yearly wellness appointment with my GP is scheduled for later this week, and I'm already aware that she'll be putting in orders for blood work. Beyond the tests you listed, is there anything else you'd recommend I request her to include? Since she wasn't the one who prescribed my GLP's, I'm also going back and forth on whether to mention that I'm using tirz.latviantower said:
That panel is a solid choice. As a starting reference, it should serve you well. Most of those markers won't be impacted by Reta. A1C is part of the panel — it reflects your average blood sugar over a longer period, and Reta ought to lower it. Still, if you're only beginning, testing now establishes where you're starting from.Daisbuys said:
Planning to get a blood test done.
Only just started Reta, so I was wondering whether the mot blood test is a decent baseline to work from?
The breakdown of what it covers is in the picture I attached:
Fasting glucose doesn't appear to be listed. That's fairly standard. Perhaps I overlooked it. You'll want to add that too.
Before beginning GLP's, mainstream medicine and compounding pharmacy teledocs typically require at least: fasting glucose, A1C, creatinine (kidney health indicator), AST & ALT (liver enzymes). EGFR (another kidney marker) is also requested by some. A standard complete metabolic panel (CMP) ought to cover all of these.
Good luck!