Turnus
Explorer
Any moment works for accumulating. I've stuck with weekly DCA since 2019.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I dropped by just to tell you that your call was exactly right, and I'm doubling down.wildweasel said:
Sharing my 2c as a person who has been in crypto for over 10 years now.ThunderBird said:
Anyone else picking some up while it's down? It just reached a 90 day low. To me that's a discount haha.
If there's any argument against me buying, tell me now before I spend myself into obvlivion
Back in the day I was a fairly big miner, and I've been watching crypto prices for ages.
Don't buy — this isn't a dip. Or to put it another way, it isn't the bottom.
Over the past several years Bitcoin got hugely overbought, driven by a mix of hype, consumer sentiment, and big institutional investors who decided it made sense to diversify their enormous portfolios with it.
Now, the gradual price bleed we've been watching for roughly the last year comes down to many of those institutional investors unwinding their bitcoin and other crypto positions. They do hold, but dumping everything at once would tank the market and cost them heavily, since crypto markets have nowhere near the volume that stock or bond markets do to soak up fast liquidations.
So what we're looking at isn't a dip — it's what happens when some very large fish in a fairly small pond sell off slowly to avoid crashing the market and underselling themselves.
That said, I'm no wizard. The future isn't something I can see, and I'm not omniscient. This is just my honest take as someone who's been around the crypto industry far longer than most.
Standards for post-quantum cryptography already exist, and rollouts have started. Take these two:maokai said:
A bounce would be nice so I can sell everything one last time.
With quantum computing and AI moving forward and exploits happening all the time, the long-term picture doesn't look great to me. For the short term, I suppose the usual advice holds — buy the dip — but as for me, I'm not going to keep hanging onto this hot potato much longer.