Heatherweather
Explorer
I spent years battling binge eating. Therapists, psychiatrists, nutritionists — I tried them all. Once GLP medications hit the market, I was turned away since my weight fell in the "healthy" range. Nobody stopped to ask what I was doing to stay at that weight. Whole days consumed by thoughts of food, sneaking away from home or the office on a fake errand that actually meant picking up a gallon of ice cream. I would eat far past full, putting away 4000-6000 calories in one sitting without effort. Then I'd go days without eating to make up for it.
It baffles me that GLP-1's don't carry FDA approval for eating disorders (though I understand the reasoning) — because the weight loss so many people see comes from their food noise disappearing. For most people, an eating disorder is fundamentally a food noise problem. And hear me out — even anorexia, which I've fought too, is an intense fixation on food.
Maybe this reaches someone who needs it. At 45 years old, a minimal dose (2.5 Tirz) has finally brought this under control for me.
It baffles me that GLP-1's don't carry FDA approval for eating disorders (though I understand the reasoning) — because the weight loss so many people see comes from their food noise disappearing. For most people, an eating disorder is fundamentally a food noise problem. And hear me out — even anorexia, which I've fought too, is an intense fixation on food.
Maybe this reaches someone who needs it. At 45 years old, a minimal dose (2.5 Tirz) has finally brought this under control for me.