Birdie
Explorer
Hearing about all that damage really hits hard. That recovery sounds like it will take a long time. Wishing you the best with your rehab.RubbaDubba1 said:
Down 400lbs, which is 1/3 of what I used to weigh. Male, mid fifties.
The best part: staying alive is #1.
Actually being the skinniest person in the room, which happened a few times.
Fitting into 30 inch jeans and a large shirt, instead of 58 inch and 7X.
Never becoming Diabetic.
The worst part: my body has been orthopedically destroyed, and after 13 operations it's getting old. I've got 2 more probably coming in the next year and 1/2 likely. Up to 1/2 of my year goes to physical therapy plus stuff at home, building toward the next surgery. The neck and back haven't even been addressed yet. I really hate needing this much medication every day just to function. fortunately peptides do help calm the waters.
The bit about "Actually being the thinnest guy in the room" really lands for me too--these days people describe me as tiny. I know I am not tiny, but compared to how I used to be, it makes sense that they see me that way. What caught me off guard was my worst part--it turns out my organs had been held up by my weight, and now some muscles need to be fixed. Back when I first noticed something was off, I honestly assumed it was a side effect from the Sema.