Best fitness/workout app?

Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Winnipeg manitoba
Okay y'all I found the fitness app Ladder via a friend and it is great for me...... but I dont have an iPhone or an iPad compatible with the app so this android user needs your favorite fitness workout app that has at home workouts.... I am not going to a gym.

Please help a lady out who is desperately trying to workout more to keep her muscles while on reta.
 
For weights I'm using Hevy. Overall though doing all my tracking through the Google Health app since I have a Pixel Watch. It imports all the weights workouts tracked through Hevy.
 
I use my workout+. Been using it for years. Dont know about droid.



ca3f8f1bdb261320d4b613304f930805f75d52fa616fa1d2ef54bd6936230802.jpg




My Workout+ App - App Store



Download My Workout+ by My Macros LLC on the App Store. See screenshots, ratings and reviews, user tips, and more apps like My Workout+.

737b2dfe8310c94257d36c72abdd8ca184f5108a4e701df9e77c5a5ff22d121c.png



apps.apple.com

Bill
 
Garmin Connect with my Garmin watch.

More than enough to automatically track my activities and heart rate. You can enter lots of other things, like weight, but my scale's app already does that well.

I've had Strava for a few years, but since the Garmin app records my circuits and provides information detailed enough for me, I'm staying with Connect.

I think you can also send the data from the watch to Google Health or the equivalent app from Samsung, Xiaomi, etc.
 
Another option is to look into Liftosaur. Its more customizable if you prefer that and the dev is fairly active on the /r/liftosaur sub also. Give nice option for monthly/ yearly, and lifetime plan.

Been enjoying it so far on iOS.
 
undeniably_chaotic said:


Okay y'all I found the fitness app Ladder via a friend and it is great for me...... but I dont have an iPhone or an iPad compatible with the app so this android user needs your favorite fitness workout app that has at home workouts.... I am not going to a gym.

Please help a lady out who is desperately trying to workout more to keep her muscles while on reta.

Click to expand...
I don't know about the best. I downloaded several of them. I ended up with Hevy for ease of use, not being nickeled and dimed for add on's. My Son and Grandson both use it, and we can track each others progress.
 
undeniably_chaotic said:


Okay y'all I found the fitness app Ladder via a friend and it is great for me...... but I dont have an iPhone or an iPad compatible with the app so this android user needs your favorite fitness workout app that has at home workouts.... I am not going to a gym.

Please help a lady out who is desperately trying to workout more to keep her muscles while on reta.

Click to expand...
I use Lyfta and I really love it. Simple and every workout imaginable exists. Keep track of what muscles need rest and which are ready to go. Pretty cheap premium too. Tried many different but this one worked best for me and what I feel are most important in an app.
 
I've been using Macrofactor for a few years now to track food macro's. the recently released a workout app as well that works pretty good for me.
 
I just use apples fitness app. It tracks a range of different workouts adequately for me. I pair it with Athlytic (paid version) to keep track of my recovery.
 
i used the RP Hypertrophy app for a year, it was pretty nice but at like $300 a year i didnt think it was worth it. i took a screen recording of the workout i liked and uploaded it to chat gpt to basically just carry over all my numbers and have been doing that for 6 months now and honestly cant complain too much. i just open a note pad on my phone and track my reps/weights then take a screenshot of it and give it to gpt and it tracks everything for me.
 
I don’t know what you have available or what you’re looking for, but “stronger by the day,” was created by Meg squats, a former powerlifter. She’s very relatable and kind of no BS.
 
You don’t need an app for that. Go to YT and check the millions of workout videos. So many great videos that show techniques and muscle groups to train.
 
I've been using "myoadapt" app for the past few months for hypertrophy training. I must say it is extremely customizable. It allows you to implement your weight, injuries, sleep quality, your training environment and also how long you want to train for the day. It also allows you to generate more weekly total volume sets for specific muscle groups of your choice. If you prefer low volume training than I'd probably avoid this app.
 
I used Fitbod for awhile and I was a pretty big fan of it. I just started back in the gym a few weeks ago and started using Hevy this go around, but I only use the apps to track for me I use my own workouts. Both apps let you create your own
 
I don’t know what I was expecting, but this thread has made me realize how out of touch I am.. I haven’t heard of any of these people or apps.

I have absolutely nothing useful to add, but I’m leaving inspired to move more and try something new. It’s never too late. Thanks for the inspo.
 
miameow said:


I don’t know what I was expecting, but this thread has made me realize how out of touch I am.. I haven’t heard of any of these people or apps.

I have absolutely nothing useful to add, but I’m leaving inspired to move more and try something new. It’s never too late. Thanks for the inspo.

Click to expand...
Im with you on never hearing half of these people or apps but definitely helped me learn more
 
miameow said:


I don’t know what I was expecting, but this thread has made me realize how out of touch I am.. I haven’t heard of any of these people or apps.

I have absolutely nothing useful to add, but I’m leaving inspired to move more and try something new. It’s never too late. Thanks for the inspo.

Click to expand...
It's like every other day a fitness influencer releases a new training app. Most are redundant using very similar templates. I pay for the app I use really only for the ease of tracking and not having to plan anything.

Now that I think about this I realize how much I could save by just letting an AI log everything for me 😂. Also, most of these apps want to charge a premium for implementing generic exercise tutorials that don't explain much either.
 
Back
Top