Berberine Broke My Weight Loss Plateau

jmikes

Explorer
Joined
Nov 26, 2025
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Cloverdale, California
I've spent nine months using compound tirzepatide. My weight had stalled five pounds shy of the target I set. Down 70 pounds total, and my dose is still just 5mg. Rather than move up a step for those remaining pounds, I gave berberine a shot at 2000mg/day. Just like that, within 1 week, I'm now slightly under my goal weight.
 
deluge said:

Huh, Berberine is new to me. Looks like I have some reading ahead!
Turmeric contains this as its active compound, and it's commonly combined with cinnamon and black pepper. People have hyped it as nature's ozempic (I'm not sure about that claim—research is "promising but inconclusive"—but I still enjoy using it). During my previous weight loss attempt, which was also my best pre-GLP success (I was dieting and exercising too), I relied on it heavily. It offers good anti-inflammatory benefits!
 
HouseCat said:

deluge said:

Huh, Berberine is new to me. Looks like I have some reading ahead!
Turmeric contains this as its active compound, and it's commonly combined with cinnamon and black pepper. People have hyped it as nature's ozempic (I'm not sure about that claim—research is "promising but inconclusive"—but I still enjoy using it). During my previous weight loss attempt, which was also my best pre-GLP success (I was dieting and exercising too), I relied on it heavily. It offers good anti-inflammatory benefits!
Berberine? Calling it “Nature’s Ozempic” is a stretch that belongs in Olympic gymnastics. Nature’s metformin, perhaps.
 
quicksilver80 said:

Aren't you explicitly advised against combining berberine with glp1s?
What exactly are you referring to? There is no contraindication between GLP-1s and either berberine or metformin—many individuals with diabetes are prescribed both metformin and a GLP-1. That said, stacking several glucose-lowering medications and supplements might lead to "too much of a good thing."
 
SVT810E said:

quicksilver80 said:

Aren't you explicitly advised against combining berberine with glp1s?
What exactly are you referring to? There is no contraindication between GLP-1s and either berberine or metformin—many individuals with diabetes are prescribed both metformin and a GLP-1. That said, stacking several glucose-lowering medications and supplements might lead to "too much of a good thing."
Yep, I saw that it carries the same kind of concern as stacking stimulants or clen with reta, due to the cardiac and heart-rate danger.

Taking berberine alongside a GLP-1 may drive your blood sugar down to dangerously low levels, which is hypoglycemia.
 
quicksilver80 said:

SVT810E said:

quicksilver80 said:

Aren't you explicitly advised against combining berberine with glp1s?
What exactly are you referring to? There is no contraindication between GLP-1s and either berberine or metformin—many individuals with diabetes are prescribed both metformin and a GLP-1. That said, stacking several glucose-lowering medications and supplements might lead to "too much of a good thing."
Yep, I saw that it carries the same kind of concern as stacking stimulants or clen with reta, due to the cardiac and heart-rate danger.

Taking berberine alongside a GLP-1 may drive your blood sugar down to dangerously low levels, which is hypoglycemia.
Reta by itself is capable of driving blood sugar down too far. No additional agent is required for that to happen.

Same story as plenty of other compounds… how much you take matters, but so does who is taking it. Someone with diabetes could require reta alongside metformin and empagliflozin just to keep their glucose in range. That same stack, I'm fairly certain, would finish me off. And there's a whole spectrum of people in the middle.
 
Back
Top