Hambocommando said:
emiliook said:
Hambocommando said:
This week my eating has been terrible. Cinnamon rolls, totinos party pizza, pasta, KFC sandwich, dr pepper zeros..... Normally I focus on protein, fiber, and total calories, plus getting electrolytes and water (I get leg cramps).
After you're on Reta for a while, you'll hit a point where you're full. Eating beyond that will literally feel uncomfortable, maybe even awful. In my case, that's around 500 calories per meal. If food has always been something you enjoy, the psychological piece that matters most is accepting you'll slip up. Food can taste great! There's no point in being hard on yourself about it. Savor it in the moment, and keep putting effort into building good habits. Not everyone was taught to eat well or cleanly. Sometimes the place you live makes healthy food hard to find. This is the best opportunity to work on that. Make those 500 calories per meal hit your macros and still taste good.
A cinnabon cinnamon roll comes in at roughly 800 calories. Zero regrets.
Honestly this resonates with me a lot haha — could you share what your approach with Reta has looked like? No judgment at all, because right now while I'm not on Reta I pretty much eat whatever too, and the only thing keeping me from being obese is that I'm semi active lol. What I'm after is a diet that's really simple to stick with, with the occasional pleasure food thrown in here and there.
Tirz gave me a really rough reaction — the kind that left me with PTSD-like symptoms — so my approach with Reta has been to raise the dose gradually, 2 times per week. The shotsy app puts me somewhere in the 4-6 mg range for Reta at this point. At today's weigh-in I was down roughly 4 lbs compared to a week and a half earlier. All told, since September I've dropped from 289lbs to around 245lbs, and there was a 1-month gap between the Tirz and the Reta. If I can pull it off, I'd like to land near 200. Since I'm fairly sendentary, I aim for 1500-1800 calories per day.
My psychology and my weight loss philosophy line up with each other. If I truly want something, I won't forbid myself from having it — I'll just have a smaller amount than I used to. For example: 1 slice of pizza rather than the entire pizza. On my brother's birthday, a thin sliver of cake with the majority of the frosting scraped off. A cinnamon roll when there's calorie room for it and my face is asking for one. To me, denial feels too close to self-punishment. Whenever it's affordable, I pick up Factor75 meals, since the protein, calories, and carbs come already calculated, and nearly all of them land in the 5-600 calorie window. It also gets me eating stuff I'm not skilled at preparing, vegetables included, in ways I'd never bother to make on my own. Plus, 2 mins in the microwave and it's done. I'm not telling anyone they -should- go with meal plan food — it just happens to work for me. Another thing I do is wrap food in high fiber wraps/tortillas, which turns it into portable fiber filled food tubes. Breakfast has never been my strength, so I've relied on both Huel and Soylent meal replacement drinks; they sit fine in my stomach, and once again the calories, macros, and vitamins are already worked out. No idea whether any of this sounds useful to you, but my main takeaway is this: if you overhaul everything and 'punish' yourself whenever you slip, sticking with those changes later becomes far less likely. Be kind to yourself. You deserve it.