Bank of America crypto purchases failing

Omxxl

Explorer
Joined
Mar 6, 2026
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Location
Europa
Trying to purchase crypto, but my Bank of America card keeps getting declined. I don't live in the US anymore, though I run a company there and hold a business account with BAof. Alipay was another option I attempted, yet the card returns an error. Does anyone have suggestions?
 
Omxxl said:

Trying to purchase crypto, but my Bank of America card keeps getting declined. I don't live in the US anymore, though I run a company there and hold a business account with BAof. Alipay was another option I attempted, yet the card returns an error. Does anyone have suggestions?
There's a problem with my bank too. My workaround has been to use Venmo, and then make crypto purchases using the Venmo debit card. That appears to have fixed it for me. Another option is moving your funds over to Cashapp and buying through there instead.
 
My Coinbase is linked to my BoA checking account. Transfers in either direction have always worked fine for me.
 
Omxxl said:

Trying to purchase crypto, but my Bank of America card keeps getting declined. I don't live in the US anymore, though I run a company there and hold a business account with BAof. Alipay was another option I attempted, yet the card returns an error. Does anyone have suggestions?
I know this reply comes a bit late, but BoA was giving me the exact same trouble. The thing is, BoA wasn't the one turning down the charge. The verification emails from Moonpay were landing in my spam folder, so I never saw that step of the verification, and that's what made my payment get declined. It took me a few days and digging through my spam emails before I put it together 😅.

In the end I switched to a different company from the list to fund my crypto. Turns out the verification emails didn't end up in spam that time, and everything went through fine.
 
Danger1212 said:


This may be a little late, but I was having the same issue with BoA. However, it wasn’t BoA declining it. My Moonpay verification emails going to my spam folder so I was missing that portion of the verification which was causing my payment to decline. I only figured this out a few days later after going through my spam emails 😅.

I ended up using another company on the list to fund my crypto. Apparently the verification emails did not go to my spam and all worked out well.

Click to expand...
Useful details. Appreciate it🙂
 
Back
Top