Bad breath

rodrom82

Explorer
Joined
May 27, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Belgium
Yep, I'm part of the ... % dealing with this bad breath side effect...

What's your approach to handling it? I brush 3x a day and scrape my tongue, but nothing changes.

I'm probably in Ketosis I think.. still bleh..
 
Yep, ketosis. You make it sound negative ; )

I go for gum and coffee. Neither does any good, but it covers the odor for everyone else... at least I think so.
 
For roughly 4 years, breath drops have been part of my routine. When I began a Low carb diet, the ketosis breath showed up as well. What makes these handy is that all you need is 1 or 2 drops placed on the tongue, and the bad breath goes away. Since the bottle doesn't take up much space, it's easy to keep on you. The product goes by the name "OraRestore Bad Breath Treatment" and a google search will bring it up. Amazon carries it too.
 
rodrom82 said:

Yep, I'm part of the ... % dealing with this bad breath side effect...

What's your approach to handling it? I brush 3x a day and scrape my tongue, but nothing changes.

I'm probably in Ketosis I think.. still bleh..
It might be related to sulfur burps as well. Have a glass of water and check whether it eases up. That could be the cause. I get it occasionally while on reta
 
Is ketosis something you're aiming for, or did it just happen without you planning it?

I get bad breath too now and then when I haven't eaten. On this medicine, in the first days following the shot, my hunger is covered up so heavily that I only realize I'm hungry once signals like that show up.
 
i believe ketosis happened to me unintentionally, my aim is to consume food without sugar. quite into items with just 1 ingredient. (vegetables, eggs, animal protein). Fruits are part of my diet, though only in small amounts.

2 protein shakes, each 25gr or more, are consumed daily by me. however, sugar content in these is minimal
 
Ketosis can cause this as a side effect.

That reaction is well documented. Most of the time it doesn't last.
 
rodrom has a point. When I cut carbs and work out—whether cardio, weights, or both—I notice keto breath too. I just keep gum nearby for those moments.
 
rodrom82 said:

Yep, I'm part of the ... % dealing with this bad breath side effect...

What's your approach to handling it? I brush 3x a day and scrape my tongue, but nothing changes.

I'm probably in Ketosis I think.. still bleh..
Assuming ketosis is the culprit, why not just increase your carb intake? If that's not an option, stock up on mints or Mentos.
 
Back
Top