Bac water

Shotgun

Explorer
Joined
Jun 30, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Leander
I picked up 10ml of bac water, used 1ml to mix my reta, so 9ml is still there. It's been a month—can I take that same bac water and mix up a different reta? It's stayed in the fridge the entire time and only had a needle in it once. Is it still okay? Newbie here, need some help.
 
According to the standard guidance, it lasts 28 days. If you handle it correctly, though, you can generally stretch it to a few months — it just comes down to how often you actually puncture the stopper.
 
Honestly, it's your call. Personally, when I know a vial will be in use beyond the suggested 28-day mark — and that's usually the case for me — I stick with either Hospira or Lambda. Those are simply the labels I trust. That said, if any ever made it to 90 days, I'd throw it out.
 
Builderman said:

Honestly, it's your call. Personally, when I know a vial will be in use beyond the suggested 28-day mark — and that's usually the case for me — I stick with either Hospira or Lambda. Those are simply the labels I trust. That said, if any ever made it to 90 days, I'd throw it out.
I'd be okay with this 2
 
With Hospira I have stretched it out more (though that one is pharmacy grade); with vendor bac, likely not.
 
Shotgun said:

I picked up 10ml of bac water, used 1ml to mix my reta, so 9ml is still there. It's been a month—can I take that same bac water and mix up a different reta? It's stayed in the fridge the entire time and only had a needle in it once. Is it still okay? Newbie here, need some help.
Brands are relevant because BAC has been the subject of numerous studies.

Hospira holds the gold standard position because its sterility, pH, and endo testing results are consistent, whereas a lot of other products fail to meet that bar.

For my part, spending an extra 20-30cents per dose on the quality option is justified.

I've accumulated plenty of BAC ampules from vendors; those end up discarded alongside the pep packaging.

Would you pour low-grade fuel into a hot rod? Use decent water instead.

A single bottle of Hospira has lasted me beyond 3 months.
 
Based on what I've gone through myself, plus the information I've picked up around this forum, I've become a firm believer that hospira is the (pep) way of life — even if the price has gotten pretty steep these days 😫 When I was just starting out on my prep journey, I reconstituted with a vendor's bac and watched it turn cloudy, so that was the end of that... Now, if a vendor's bac ever lands in my hands for free, it goes straight into the trash, because I'm not putting my peps or my body at risk — the only exception is hospira, which I'll happily hold onto.

I've gone past the recommended 28 days with hospira while being extremely careful with it, and it's still working great.
 
Back
Top