LilaSoren
Explorer
I realize there aren’t many of us here, but I’m making this post so it’s easier to find—maybe 1 of the other 3½ Saffas around will spot it and give a girl a hand 
I’m in South Africa, and getting bacteriostatic water has been way harder than I expected. Locally, needles, syringes, sharps bins, alcohol swabs and similar items are no problem to buy, but bac water is a real hassle.
As things stand, the only route I’ve come across is 1 compounding pharmacy (and yes, that’s the only 1), prescription only, and the price is wild (roughly $23 USD / ±R400+ for a mere 5 ml).
Has any other South African managed to find Hospira bacteriostatic water at a more sensible price, or is this simply how it’s categorized in this country? Since I intend to use peps for the next few years, my only other idea is to pick some up while traveling, though I’m not sure how that would go over at customs if my luggage were absolutely packed with 30ml vials of water lol.
I’d really like to know what other South Africans are doing about this.
I’m in South Africa, and getting bacteriostatic water has been way harder than I expected. Locally, needles, syringes, sharps bins, alcohol swabs and similar items are no problem to buy, but bac water is a real hassle.
As things stand, the only route I’ve come across is 1 compounding pharmacy (and yes, that’s the only 1), prescription only, and the price is wild (roughly $23 USD / ±R400+ for a mere 5 ml).
Has any other South African managed to find Hospira bacteriostatic water at a more sensible price, or is this simply how it’s categorized in this country? Since I intend to use peps for the next few years, my only other idea is to pick some up while traveling, though I’m not sure how that would go over at customs if my luggage were absolutely packed with 30ml vials of water lol.
I’d really like to know what other South Africans are doing about this.