DrPEPr said:
Then we'll just have to disagree on this one.Fostradamus said:
It seems to me that the thread's actual purpose is being overlooked here. Sure, when it comes to mixing peptides, Hospira is the gold standard — but the original poster pointed out that in some countries it's hard to get hold of, and they were looking for other options. Bac water from vendors has a terrible reputation, and so does the stuff sold on Amazon. If Hospira isn't available to you, then medical grade sterile WFI works perfectly well for reconstitution. Provided you follow sterile injection practices, it will last as long as 28 days in the refrigerator — that's according to Peter Magic, a chemist and the founder of Janoshik, which is the gold standard for peptide testing. You're free to disagree with him, of course, but I'd argue he's more than qualified enough to say so.DrPEPr said:
I don't share his view.Fostradamus said:
Peter Magic, who works with Jano, holds a different view than you do.DrPEPr said:
Please do not reconstitute your peps with sterile water or saline alone.
On their own those products may keep for 28 days, but NOT once they are used for reconstitution and drawn from repeatedly.
BAC stops bacteria and fungi growing. The alcohol is in there for a reason.
Stay safe.
Non-sterile needles would likely work out okay as well... right up until they don't.
The real issue is this: what reason is there to accept that kind of risk from the start when avoiding it is so simple?
As I already mentioned, plain WFI works just fine on its own. The catch is that peptide vials from vendors aren't necessarily sterile — finding cases of that doesn't take much digging — which means ordinary WFI won't stop bacteria that are already present from multiplying once you reconstitute.
My only point is that you ought to put a bit of benzyl alcohol (which is simple to get) into your WFI. That's it.
Fair enough.
There's likely nothing wrong with WFI, though I'll still put a bit of BA into my sterile water as a safeguard.
When it comes to prepping and pinning, nearly everything I do falls under risk management. I mix my own BAC water, I buy from grey vendors who screw us over on a regular basis, and I reconstitute using supplies whose sterility I can't be 100% certain of.
So yes, I'll take every precaution available to me to cut down the risk.