BAC Water in Brazil

Joined
Jan 11, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Brazil
Hey everyone, finding BAC water here in Brazil has been a real struggle. All I've managed to locate is a local seller of sterile water, but since it lacks the alcohol, its shelf life after opening would be extremely short. So I wanted to ask: can any of the Brazilian users here share where you source your BAC water?
 
guyfrompetropolis said:

Hey everyone, finding BAC water here in Brazil has been a real struggle. All I've managed to locate is a local seller of sterile water, but since it lacks the alcohol, its shelf life after opening would be extremely short. So I wanted to ask: can any of the Brazilian users here share where you source your BAC water?
Get benzyl alcohol, then mix in 0.9% of it
 
CNCCurrency said:

guyfrompetropolis said:

Hey everyone, finding BAC water here in Brazil has been a real struggle. All I've managed to locate is a local seller of sterile water, but since it lacks the alcohol, its shelf life after opening would be extremely short. So I wanted to ask: can any of the Brazilian users here share where you source your BAC water?
Get benzyl alcohol, then mix in 0.9% of it

I've come across folks discussing DIY production on the internet. In your view, how frequently do people actually mix their own BAC?
 
guyfrompetropolis said:

CNCCurrency said:

guyfrompetropolis said:

Hey everyone, finding BAC water here in Brazil has been a real struggle. All I've managed to locate is a local seller of sterile water, but since it lacks the alcohol, its shelf life after opening would be extremely short. So I wanted to ask: can any of the Brazilian users here share where you source your BAC water?
Get benzyl alcohol, then mix in 0.9% of it

I've come across folks discussing DIY production on the internet. In your view, how frequently do people actually mix their own BAC?
With sterile water you're already partway there, though I'm not certain.
 
A BAC water recipe got posted by a Brit at some point, since finding the stuff is a problem over there too. I couldn't locate it here, so Gemini was asked and this is the answer. Nothing in it looks wrong to me, but check it for yourself, or filter it, and use at your own risk:

  • Use sterile water: Distilled is ideal. Tap water needs 15 minutes at a rolling boil, then a complete cool-down.
  • Measure the benzyl alcohol accurately:
    • 10 mL water takes 0.09 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 9 units on an insulin syringe.
    • 30 mL water takes 0.27 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 27 units.
    • 100 mL water takes 0.9 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 90 units.
  • Mix thoroughly: Once the benzyl alcohol is in, cap the vial and roll it gently until fully mixed.
  • Store properly: Use a clean, sealed vial. Shelf life is 30 days once prepared, somewhere cool and dark — refrigeration being the recommendation.
Important Safety Notes:​#-important-safety-notes
  • Do not use plastic containers where possible; glass avoids the chemical leaching risk.
  • Sterilize all tools and containers (alcohol wipes or boiling both work).
  • BAC water must never be used orally or intravenously without medical supervision.
  • This guide is for educational purposes only and should not be put to human or veterinary injection without proper training and sterile technique.

⚠️ Warning: Homemade BAC water carries risks if not prepared under sterile conditions. Always prioritize safety and consult a healthcare professional when possible.

Click to expand...
 
guyfrompetropolis said:

Hey everyone, finding BAC water here in Brazil has been a real struggle. All I've managed to locate is a local seller of sterile water, but since it lacks the alcohol, its shelf life after opening would be extremely short. So I wanted to ask: can any of the Brazilian users here share where you source your BAC water?

Hello from Teresópolis.

This is the supplier I used.

Www. aguabacteriostaticavendas.shop

It appears legitimate, and I haven't run into any issues yet. After over a month, my vials show no contamination signs. Their Instagram page also has some favorable comments.

I have some lab experience, and I don't believe making bac water yourself is wise. Perhaps sealing water in vials and pressure cooking them before adding the benzyl. Still seems questionable
 
wastedagain said:

guyfrompetropolis said:

Hey everyone, finding BAC water here in Brazil has been a real struggle. All I've managed to locate is a local seller of sterile water, but since it lacks the alcohol, its shelf life after opening would be extremely short. So I wanted to ask: can any of the Brazilian users here share where you source your BAC water?

Hello from Teresópolis.

This is the supplier I used.

Www. aguabacteriostaticavendas.shop

It appears legitimate, and I haven't run into any issues yet. After over a month, my vials show no contamination signs. Their Instagram page also has some favorable comments.

I have some lab experience, and I don't believe making bac water yourself is wise. Perhaps sealing water in vials and pressure cooking them before adding the benzyl. Still seems questionable
Compared with the Chinese BAC sold on Amazon or through vendors, this probably isn't a step down. At minimum, what's in it is clear. And yes—if a reliable local option exists, that beats DIY every time. Those initial directions came from a person in Europe who had no way to obtain it.
 
wastedagain said:

guyfrompetropolis said:

Hey everyone, finding BAC water here in Brazil has been a real struggle. All I've managed to locate is a local seller of sterile water, but since it lacks the alcohol, its shelf life after opening would be extremely short. So I wanted to ask: can any of the Brazilian users here share where you source your BAC water?

Hello from Teresópolis.

This is the supplier I used.

Www. aguabacteriostaticavendas.shop

It appears legitimate, and I haven't run into any issues yet. After over a month, my vials show no contamination signs. Their Instagram page also has some favorable comments.

I have some lab experience, and I don't believe making bac water yourself is wise. Perhaps sealing water in vials and pressure cooking them before adding the benzyl. Still seems questionable
Oh nice, that's helpful to hear — cheers!
 
Chili777 said:

A BAC water recipe got posted by a Brit at some point, since finding the stuff is a problem over there too. I couldn't locate it here, so Gemini was asked and this is the answer. Nothing in it looks wrong to me, but check it for yourself, or filter it, and use at your own risk:

  • Use sterile water: Distilled is ideal. Tap water needs 15 minutes at a rolling boil, then a complete cool-down.
  • Measure the benzyl alcohol accurately:
    • 10 mL water takes 0.09 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 9 units on an insulin syringe.
    • 30 mL water takes 0.27 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 27 units.
    • 100 mL water takes 0.9 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 90 units.
  • Mix thoroughly: Once the benzyl alcohol is in, cap the vial and roll it gently until fully mixed.
  • Store properly: Use a clean, sealed vial. Shelf life is 30 days once prepared, somewhere cool and dark — refrigeration being the recommendation.
Important Safety Notes:​#-important-safety-notes
  • Do not use plastic containers where possible; glass avoids the chemical leaching risk.
  • Sterilize all tools and containers (alcohol wipes or boiling both work).
  • BAC water must never be used orally or intravenously without medical supervision.
  • This guide is for educational purposes only and should not be put to human or veterinary injection without proper training and sterile technique.

⚠️ Warning: Homemade BAC water carries risks if not prepared under sterile conditions. Always prioritize safety and consult a healthcare professional when possible.

Click to expand...
The 30-day mark isn't some hard rule—I've pushed past 60 days before. Once I hit 30, I just toss in a bit more benzyl, and it's never caused me any problems.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Chili777 said:

A BAC water recipe got posted by a Brit at some point, since finding the stuff is a problem over there too. I couldn't locate it here, so Gemini was asked and this is the answer. Nothing in it looks wrong to me, but check it for yourself, or filter it, and use at your own risk:

  • Use sterile water: Distilled is ideal. Tap water needs 15 minutes at a rolling boil, then a complete cool-down.
  • Measure the benzyl alcohol accurately:
    • 10 mL water takes 0.09 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 9 units on an insulin syringe.
    • 30 mL water takes 0.27 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 27 units.
    • 100 mL water takes 0.9 mL benzyl alcohol, which is 90 units.
  • Mix thoroughly: Once the benzyl alcohol is in, cap the vial and roll it gently until fully mixed.
  • Store properly: Use a clean, sealed vial. Shelf life is 30 days once prepared, somewhere cool and dark — refrigeration being the recommendation.
Important Safety Notes:​#-important-safety-notes
  • Do not use plastic containers where possible; glass avoids the chemical leaching risk.
  • Sterilize all tools and containers (alcohol wipes or boiling both work).
  • BAC water must never be used orally or intravenously without medical supervision.
  • This guide is for educational purposes only and should not be put to human or veterinary injection without proper training and sterile technique.

⚠️ Warning: Homemade BAC water carries risks if not prepared under sterile conditions. Always prioritize safety and consult a healthcare professional when possible.

Click to expand...
The 30-day mark isn't some hard rule—I've pushed past 60 days before. Once I hit 30, I just toss in a bit more benzyl, and it's never caused me any problems.
That came from Gemini. If you're mixing your own, I don't see a problem with it. I only use Hospira, and that 30-day guideline applies to hospital and research environments, where a single vial gets punctured many times daily by who knows how many people. For personal use, I've pushed past 60 days without any trouble. I simply look for particles or haziness. Because this came from Gemini and concerns homemade BAC, I kept it in.
 
Back
Top