BAC water frozen

Chrissven

Explorer
Joined
Dec 5, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
Hello, could anyone give me some advice? I'm planning to buy peptides from China along with BAC water, and I'm wondering whether it causes any problems for the water if it ends up freezing at -17 degrees?
 
I appreciate the thorough explanation. I had been planning to order NAD+ and other items, along with BAC water. However, I'll hold off until it gets warmer. Thanks for your assistance.
 
Hospira BAC water says: "Store at 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F). [See USP Controlled Room Temperature.]" So if the temperature went below that range or above it, I wouldn't use it.
 
I've dug into this topic pretty thoroughly, and you'll find that both opinions and how much risk someone is willing to accept differ. The sole legitimate issue I've come across involves physical harm to the vial caused by freezing. Should it freeze while lying down, the stopper might be compromised—though I doubt that's likely, and no one has actually run tests on it. For roughly the past 12 months, I've stored a couple of cases inside my peptide-only freezer, mainly because I prefer having everything together. Some of my supply is in glass containers, and those appear okay as well. This compound holds up much better than what temperature ranges and expiry dates from manufacturers would lead you to believe.
 
SuperRetardutite said:


From gemini but you should verify with other sources too:

Yes. Freezing precipitates the benzyl alcohol preservative, which reduces its antimicrobial effectiveness and can lead to bacterial growth upon thawing. Additionally, ice expansion often creates microscopic cracks in the glass vial or dislodges the rubber stopper, compromising the sterile seal. Discard the vial.

@byefatlicia maybe you can give some input here?

Click to expand...
A while back, I ended up freezing a handful of Hospira bottles by mistake. Once I'd run it past AI and gotten input from a few people in this community, my choice was to toss them...

That said, opinions on this differ. A lot of people would say there's no issue.

Personally, I was out 20 dollars, but it bought me some peace of mind🙂
 
Back
Top