Bac Water — alternatives to Hospira

hoobz said:

eidos said:

hoobz said:

ultima thule said:

Genetek matches Hospira in grade. Indiamart carries it. On top of that, it costs far less than Hospira.
But these come as 10mg ampoules, correct? The type you snap open, leaving the contents exposed to air?

I had thought about going that route since it's really inexpensive in India, yet those ampoules made me hesitant.
Get sterile vials, then move what's inside the ampoule into those vials.

WLBLD said:

hoobz said:

ultima thule said:

Genetek matches Hospira in grade. Indiamart carries it. On top of that, it costs far less than Hospira.
But these come as 10mg ampoules, correct? The type you snap open, leaving the contents exposed to air?

I had thought about going that route since it's really inexpensive in India, yet those ampoules made me hesitant.
Are those things plastic? Could you simply pierce it using a syringe thick enough to pull the liquid without letting air in?

I haven't actually handled any, so I'm unsure what they're like. Just throwing it out there

I see where you're coming from, however the thought crosses my mind that once those ampoules are opened, they're exposed to airborne contaminants over time, so sterility isn't guaranteed at 100%.

On top of that, when the needle goes through the plastic, there's a contamination risk too.

So the more I mull it over, the less inclined I am to give it a go 😀

Llanitox said:

pepper56 said:

Hi all, Hospira Bac-Water is really difficult to obtain here in germany, so I wanted to ask my fellow german or european members straight away: which alternatives are worth using?

Vielen Dank fürs antworten!!

I picked up a DIY kit from a German startup that lets you prepare your own bac water.

It includes ampuwa sterile water and benzyl alcohol, plus directions and all the supplies required.

They've also begun offering pre-mixed bottles, made fresh the same day they're sent out, using a technique that avoids contamination and doesn't require opening the vial (details are posted in their Tg group). Shipping is EU-only, and honestly it performs just as well as hospira.
Do you happen to know whether they deliver beyond Germany? Could you DM me where you got it?
Shipping is limited to the EU.
 
hoobz said:


I ordered some KS-tek sterile vials from Aliexpress that some people recommended here. They're arriving soon, will test them out and see how it goes.

Click to expand...
I've only ever used that brand, in 3,5 and 10ml sizes, and it's been problem-free. My supply came from Amazon.
 
HighOnTheCrime said:

ultima thule said:

Genetek matches Hospira in grade. Indiamart carries it. On top of that, it costs far less than Hospira.
Several vendors have quoted me different prices. What should I look at when deciding which one to go with?
Assuming there is no difference between them, going with the lowest-priced option would be my choice. That said, picking a trustworthy vendor matters a lot too.
 
I'm skeptical of deals that come in far cheaper than the rest. For 100 vials, prices go from 40$ (possibly counterfeit?) to 60$, and as high as 200$, with shipping already covered in every case. Should I maybe just go by how many ratings a seller has?
 
HighOnTheCrime said:

I'm skeptical of deals that come in far cheaper than the rest. For 100 vials, prices go from 40$ (possibly counterfeit?) to 60$, and as high as 200$, with shipping already covered in every case. Should I maybe just go by how many ratings a seller has?
Look into how the company is regarded and what past buyers have said. A price closer to $40/50 is what you'd expect. Verify their credentials as well. Then you should be fine!
 
Back
Top