BAC Question: 0.9% sodium chloride or 0.9% benzoyl alcohol

Figis1badcat

Explorer
Joined
Feb 27, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles. California
I bought what I believed to be Hospira BAC from InjectionShop. The product that showed up had a label reading Bacteriostatic 0.9% Sodium Chloride. The label does mention distribution by Hospira, Inc, but it looks different from the Bacteriostatic Water label featuring the red/pinkish color block (which also states 0.9% Benzyl Alcohol.

Was my order incorrect? Is it still okay to use with Reta? Should I get the Hospira BAC with the reddish pink label from somewhere else. I’m new to this and want to begin on the right path. Any and all advice on this would be appreciated

Thanks 😎
 
From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:

From what I've seen, it doesn't mix well with Reta. There's a thread from last year about this:

GLP1Pharmacist said:


Just wanted to show my recent experience with reconstitution with Hospira Bacteriostatic water and 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride.

These were both mixed the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide.

Sodium Chloride is often used to dilute medications but it appears to have participated out the Retatrutide. Mixed perfectly and no issues with Bacteriostatic water.

Click to expand...




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com




Bacteriostatic vs Sodium Chloride with Retatrutide- pics included



I just wanted to share what happened when I recently reconstituted with Hospira Bacteriostatic water versus 0.9% NaCl Saline/sodium chloride. Both vials came from the same lot and manufacturer of Retatrutide. Sodium Chloride is commonly used to dilute medications, but in this case it seems to have participated out...

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com
 
Their website lists both options, though labels aren't displayed because credit card processors can cause issues.

If saline bac water arrived when you had ordered the standard bac water, reach out and ask for a replacement. If the saline version was your own ordering error, there isn't much advice to offer—except that plenty of people say saline bac and reta don't pair well, so returning or exchanging may be more trouble than it's worth. Either way, it can be kept for later peptide research.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Their website lists both options, though labels aren't displayed because credit card processors can cause issues.

If saline bac water arrived when you had ordered the standard bac water, reach out and ask for a replacement. If the saline version was your own ordering error, there isn't much advice to offer—except that plenty of people say saline bac and reta don't pair well, so returning or exchanging may be more trouble than it's worth. Either way, it can be kept for later peptide research.
Yeah, that was my error. I've gone and bought the regular bac water, and I'll keep the saline version around in case I need it down the line.

You live, you learn😎

Appreciate it
 
Figis1badcat said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Their website lists both options, though labels aren't displayed because credit card processors can cause issues.

If saline bac water arrived when you had ordered the standard bac water, reach out and ask for a replacement. If the saline version was your own ordering error, there isn't much advice to offer—except that plenty of people say saline bac and reta don't pair well, so returning or exchanging may be more trouble than it's worth. Either way, it can be kept for later peptide research.
Yeah, that was my error. I've gone and bought the regular bac water, and I'll keep the saline version around in case I need it down the line.

You live, you learn😎

Appreciate it
Up to now I've relied on the sc bac for all my other compounds, with tesa being the exception—that turned into a mess lol—and 5amino, which was also a no

The money you spent wasn't wasted. 🥰
 
texmexpep said:

Figis1badcat said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Their website lists both options, though labels aren't displayed because credit card processors can cause issues.

If saline bac water arrived when you had ordered the standard bac water, reach out and ask for a replacement. If the saline version was your own ordering error, there isn't much advice to offer—except that plenty of people say saline bac and reta don't pair well, so returning or exchanging may be more trouble than it's worth. Either way, it can be kept for later peptide research.
Yeah, that was my error. I've gone and bought the regular bac water, and I'll keep the saline version around in case I need it down the line.

You live, you learn😎

Appreciate it
Up to now I've relied on the sc bac for all my other compounds, with tesa being the exception—that turned into a mess lol—and 5amino, which was also a no

The money you spent wasn't wasted. 🥰
Could you clarify what you mean by "everything else"? 👀
 
Back
Top