Automatic Injection Pens

I was drawn to the idea of an auto pen, particularly to help an elderly parent. But every single one I've picked up has proven extremely unreliable. I own 2 Birds, a Gensu2 (both side-trigger models), and a Convi (end trigger). Fresh out of the box, they all test accurately. Yet after about a week of use with peps kept in the fridge, none of them inject correctly anymore. On the side-trigger ones, I end up having to keep the trigger pressed while rotating the dial—that takes 2 hands and completely negates the point of an auto. As for the Convi, I need to press the trigger several times before the full dose goes in.

When I've asked others, the response is always “yeah, they don’t like to be cold.” Letting them warm up to room temperature didn't really fix it (and I'm not thrilled about repeatedly shifting the pep temps anyway), and neither did attempts to grease the internal parts. I may eventually test other carts that have silicone-coated plugs, but I'm not sure I want to spend more on them. The pens themselves already cost enough.

So, just a heads-up based on my experience with 4 autos. For reliability and price, a basic V1 is tough to beat. I also have a V2 and a Savvio, and they work fine, but my V1 slims have ended up being my go-to favorites.
 
Today the mail man came through for me 😍

I ordered these from a website, and honestly I wasn't expecting them to actually arrive, since the page didn't seem all that trustworthy. Turns out I was wrong! Today I'm pretty pleased (and maybe a little smug).
37eb77cff2eba24deb7875836779cb77d656256ec7323d83d71c4beddf1ce154.webp
 
joaww said:

There's a person named Captain based in Germany, I believe he's active on this forum, who offers supplies — Convipen/Gansulin among them, plus occasionally other pen models — along with cartridges, needles, bac, filters, essentially the full range of what you'd need.
Absolutely, Captainssss — I'm keeping an eye on his TG for the moment those pens come back in stock.

Sitting tight with patience 🥰😇
 
Dos-Dox said:

I was drawn to the idea of an auto pen, particularly to help an elderly parent. But every single one I've picked up has proven extremely unreliable. I own 2 Birds, a Gensu2 (both side-trigger models), and a Convi (end trigger). Fresh out of the box, they all test accurately. Yet after about a week of use with peps kept in the fridge, none of them inject correctly anymore. On the side-trigger ones, I end up having to keep the trigger pressed while rotating the dial—that takes 2 hands and completely negates the point of an auto. As for the Convi, I need to press the trigger several times before the full dose goes in.

When I've asked others, the response is always “yeah, they don’t like to be cold.” Letting them warm up to room temperature didn't really fix it (and I'm not thrilled about repeatedly shifting the pep temps anyway), and neither did attempts to grease the internal parts. I may eventually test other carts that have silicone-coated plugs, but I'm not sure I want to spend more on them. The pens themselves already cost enough.

So, just a heads-up based on my experience with 4 autos. For reliability and price, a basic V1 is tough to beat. I also have a V2 and a Savvio, and they work fine, but my V1 slims have ended up being my go-to favorites.
With both of them, I've never run into that problem. When you inject, do you press the trigger once or keep it held down? The cold argument is illogical — these devices are designed for insulin, and insulin is meant to stay in the fridge. Which compound are you putting in, and what needle gauge are you working with?

Since the convipen is getting harder and harder to source, you're right — grab them now while they're still available.
 
longex2021 said:

Dos-Dox said:

I was drawn to the idea of an auto pen, particularly to help an elderly parent. But every single one I've picked up has proven extremely unreliable. I own 2 Birds, a Gensu2 (both side-trigger models), and a Convi (end trigger). Fresh out of the box, they all test accurately. Yet after about a week of use with peps kept in the fridge, none of them inject correctly anymore. On the side-trigger ones, I end up having to keep the trigger pressed while rotating the dial—that takes 2 hands and completely negates the point of an auto. As for the Convi, I need to press the trigger several times before the full dose goes in.

When I've asked others, the response is always “yeah, they don’t like to be cold.” Letting them warm up to room temperature didn't really fix it (and I'm not thrilled about repeatedly shifting the pep temps anyway), and neither did attempts to grease the internal parts. I may eventually test other carts that have silicone-coated plugs, but I'm not sure I want to spend more on them. The pens themselves already cost enough.

So, just a heads-up based on my experience with 4 autos. For reliability and price, a basic V1 is tough to beat. I also have a V2 and a Savvio, and they work fine, but my V1 slims have ended up being my go-to favorites.
With both of them, I've never run into that problem. When you inject, do you press the trigger once or keep it held down? The cold argument is illogical — these devices are designed for insulin, and insulin is meant to stay in the fridge. Which compound are you putting in, and what needle gauge are you working with?

Since the convipen is getting harder and harder to source, you're right — grab them now while they're still available.
I've never found that explanation convincing, yet it's the same thing I hear every time. Here's what I do: keep the button pressed, use standard peptides (no oils, nothing viscous), and 29g pen needles (usually 6, 8, or 12 mm).

As I mentioned, for roughly the first week they perform perfectly. After that, the side-trigger models won't deliver anything unless I press the trigger and simultaneously rotate the dial with my other hand — which is awkward when doing GHK-Cu into the hip. And while they're still new, they push the whole dose through very quickly. That's something some folks dislike about the Birds. With the Convi, only a few units go in before it halts, so I have to let go and press the trigger again.

I'd be glad if this were just me messing up (even though 3 users have run all 4 of these pens), so any advice you can offer is welcome.
 
Dos-Dox said:

longex2021 said:

Dos-Dox said:

I was drawn to the idea of an auto pen, particularly to help an elderly parent. But every single one I've picked up has proven extremely unreliable. I own 2 Birds, a Gensu2 (both side-trigger models), and a Convi (end trigger). Fresh out of the box, they all test accurately. Yet after about a week of use with peps kept in the fridge, none of them inject correctly anymore. On the side-trigger ones, I end up having to keep the trigger pressed while rotating the dial—that takes 2 hands and completely negates the point of an auto. As for the Convi, I need to press the trigger several times before the full dose goes in.

When I've asked others, the response is always “yeah, they don’t like to be cold.” Letting them warm up to room temperature didn't really fix it (and I'm not thrilled about repeatedly shifting the pep temps anyway), and neither did attempts to grease the internal parts. I may eventually test other carts that have silicone-coated plugs, but I'm not sure I want to spend more on them. The pens themselves already cost enough.

So, just a heads-up based on my experience with 4 autos. For reliability and price, a basic V1 is tough to beat. I also have a V2 and a Savvio, and they work fine, but my V1 slims have ended up being my go-to favorites.
With both of them, I've never run into that problem. When you inject, do you press the trigger once or keep it held down? The cold argument is illogical — these devices are designed for insulin, and insulin is meant to stay in the fridge. Which compound are you putting in, and what needle gauge are you working with?

Since the convipen is getting harder and harder to source, you're right — grab them now while they're still available.
I've never found that explanation convincing, yet it's the same thing I hear every time. Here's what I do: keep the button pressed, use standard peptides (no oils, nothing viscous), and 29g pen needles (usually 6, 8, or 12 mm).

As I mentioned, for roughly the first week they perform perfectly. After that, the side-trigger models won't deliver anything unless I press the trigger and simultaneously rotate the dial with my other hand — which is awkward when doing GHK-Cu into the hip. And while they're still new, they push the whole dose through very quickly. That's something some folks dislike about the Birds. With the Convi, only a few units go in before it halts, so I have to let go and press the trigger again.

I'd be glad if this were just me messing up (even though 3 users have run all 4 of these pens), so any advice you can offer is welcome.
At the same time, countless people rely on Convipen regularly. The problems you mention are something I have never come across.
 
boytres said:

Today the mail man came through for me 😍

I ordered these from a website, and honestly I wasn't expecting them to actually arrive, since the page didn't seem all that trustworthy. Turns out I was wrong! Today I'm pretty pleased (and maybe a little smug).View attachment 10260
Between the ConviPen and the GensuPen, my choice is the ConviPen, since it gives off a "click" sound, while the other one stays silent.
 
boytres said:

Today the mail man came through for me 😍

I ordered these from a website, and honestly I wasn't expecting them to actually arrive, since the page didn't seem all that trustworthy. Turns out I was wrong! Today I'm pretty pleased (and maybe a little smug).View attachment 10260
I'm also waiting on the mail carrier for this exact pen. Could you let me know whether regular 3ml cartridges are compatible with the GensuPen 2?

A handful of these were purchased by me: "Sterile Peptide Pen 3mL Cartridges Cassette Glass Vial For V1 V2 Pens"
 
igottapee said:


I prefer the ConviPen over the GensuPen as I like the "click" sound over no sound.

Click to expand...
Is it possible to verify whether the GensuPen 2 accommodates regular 3ml cartridges?
 
I’m based in the UK, and mine came from APeps. That said, I have spotted the occasional one listed on eBay over in the US…
 
tcpnomad said:

Dos-Dox said:

longex2021 said:

Dos-Dox said:

I was drawn to the idea of an auto pen, particularly to help an elderly parent. But every single one I've picked up has proven extremely unreliable. I own 2 Birds, a Gensu2 (both side-trigger models), and a Convi (end trigger). Fresh out of the box, they all test accurately. Yet after about a week of use with peps kept in the fridge, none of them inject correctly anymore. On the side-trigger ones, I end up having to keep the trigger pressed while rotating the dial—that takes 2 hands and completely negates the point of an auto. As for the Convi, I need to press the trigger several times before the full dose goes in.

When I've asked others, the response is always “yeah, they don’t like to be cold.” Letting them warm up to room temperature didn't really fix it (and I'm not thrilled about repeatedly shifting the pep temps anyway), and neither did attempts to grease the internal parts. I may eventually test other carts that have silicone-coated plugs, but I'm not sure I want to spend more on them. The pens themselves already cost enough.

So, just a heads-up based on my experience with 4 autos. For reliability and price, a basic V1 is tough to beat. I also have a V2 and a Savvio, and they work fine, but my V1 slims have ended up being my go-to favorites.
With both of them, I've never run into that problem. When you inject, do you press the trigger once or keep it held down? The cold argument is illogical — these devices are designed for insulin, and insulin is meant to stay in the fridge. Which compound are you putting in, and what needle gauge are you working with?

Since the convipen is getting harder and harder to source, you're right — grab them now while they're still available.
I've never found that explanation convincing, yet it's the same thing I hear every time. Here's what I do: keep the button pressed, use standard peptides (no oils, nothing viscous), and 29g pen needles (usually 6, 8, or 12 mm).

As I mentioned, for roughly the first week they perform perfectly. After that, the side-trigger models won't deliver anything unless I press the trigger and simultaneously rotate the dial with my other hand — which is awkward when doing GHK-Cu into the hip. And while they're still new, they push the whole dose through very quickly. That's something some folks dislike about the Birds. With the Convi, only a few units go in before it halts, so I have to let go and press the trigger again.

I'd be glad if this were just me messing up (even though 3 users have run all 4 of these pens), so any advice you can offer is welcome.
At the same time, countless people rely on Convipen regularly. The problems you mention are something I have never come across.
Nice. Should any of you have ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Having them work dependably would be great. If that isn't you, though, then what you've written doesn't really move things forward. Plenty of others have hit the same issue — when I brought it up, the response was "yeah, they don't like to be cold," delivered like everyone already knows that. I've cycled through a few different carts on the theory that certain batches came with plugs that grip harder. I've verified the plugs sit the right way around, since I've seen people share photos of theirs installed the wrong direction. I've run them both with spacers and without. Small pen needles aren't what I use. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

Calling them junk isn't my point. They clearly have a big fan base (the Convi especially, for oils). They weren't cheap, and I'd really like them to perform consistently. Suggestions welcome.
 
BBA1969 said:


Convipen is a brand. If you have to push all the way to get the full injection, it's a manual.

Autos are spring loaded, you just "pull the trigger" and hold.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu2TX3JyqZs&t=40s&pp=ygUYcGVwdGlkZSBjcml0aWMgYXV0b21hdGlj

Click to expand...
Was that a video from peptide critic? He was removed this week.

BBA1969 said:


Yup, it was.

Someone else shared it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZiau3riCA

Click to expand...
Are there other YouTube channels similar to this one that you know of? Hmm, I'm curious whether the YouTube AI system flags videos in this category? Thanks!
 
Dos-Dox said:

tcpnomad said:

Dos-Dox said:

longex2021 said:

Dos-Dox said:

I was drawn to the idea of an auto pen, particularly to help an elderly parent. But every single one I've picked up has proven extremely unreliable. I own 2 Birds, a Gensu2 (both side-trigger models), and a Convi (end trigger). Fresh out of the box, they all test accurately. Yet after about a week of use with peps kept in the fridge, none of them inject correctly anymore. On the side-trigger ones, I end up having to keep the trigger pressed while rotating the dial—that takes 2 hands and completely negates the point of an auto. As for the Convi, I need to press the trigger several times before the full dose goes in.

When I've asked others, the response is always “yeah, they don’t like to be cold.” Letting them warm up to room temperature didn't really fix it (and I'm not thrilled about repeatedly shifting the pep temps anyway), and neither did attempts to grease the internal parts. I may eventually test other carts that have silicone-coated plugs, but I'm not sure I want to spend more on them. The pens themselves already cost enough.

So, just a heads-up based on my experience with 4 autos. For reliability and price, a basic V1 is tough to beat. I also have a V2 and a Savvio, and they work fine, but my V1 slims have ended up being my go-to favorites.
With both of them, I've never run into that problem. When you inject, do you press the trigger once or keep it held down? The cold argument is illogical — these devices are designed for insulin, and insulin is meant to stay in the fridge. Which compound are you putting in, and what needle gauge are you working with?

Since the convipen is getting harder and harder to source, you're right — grab them now while they're still available.
I've never found that explanation convincing, yet it's the same thing I hear every time. Here's what I do: keep the button pressed, use standard peptides (no oils, nothing viscous), and 29g pen needles (usually 6, 8, or 12 mm).

As I mentioned, for roughly the first week they perform perfectly. After that, the side-trigger models won't deliver anything unless I press the trigger and simultaneously rotate the dial with my other hand — which is awkward when doing GHK-Cu into the hip. And while they're still new, they push the whole dose through very quickly. That's something some folks dislike about the Birds. With the Convi, only a few units go in before it halts, so I have to let go and press the trigger again.

I'd be glad if this were just me messing up (even though 3 users have run all 4 of these pens), so any advice you can offer is welcome.
At the same time, countless people rely on Convipen regularly. The problems you mention are something I have never come across.
Nice. Should any of you have ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Having them work dependably would be great. If that isn't you, though, then what you've written doesn't really move things forward. Plenty of others have hit the same issue — when I brought it up, the response was "yeah, they don't like to be cold," delivered like everyone already knows that. I've cycled through a few different carts on the theory that certain batches came with plugs that grip harder. I've verified the plugs sit the right way around, since I've seen people share photos of theirs installed the wrong direction. I've run them both with spacers and without. Small pen needles aren't what I use. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

Calling them junk isn't my point. They clearly have a big fan base (the Convi especially, for oils). They weren't cheap, and I'd really like them to perform consistently. Suggestions welcome.
Man, it really seems like you've exhausted every option. What about moving that jammed vial into a manual pen vial instead? I've come across reports from folks who ran into similar problems, and when they made the switch to manual, they still struggled. The only explanations anyone managed to offer were defective glass, a faulty plunger, or one that wasn't aligned properly. Did all those cartridges come from one supplier? From what I know, a number of the lower-cost manufacturers skip the lubrication step.
 
I have been using a gansulin and I really like it. After getting used to it, I doubt I would switch back to manual pens. Pushing down the manual ones always feels clumsy to me, even the better-made options such as savvio.
 
Back
Top