Juls66
Explorer
I'm Jules. At my heaviest I weighed 180kg. Keto plus a lot of working out brought me down to 135kg. In 2018 I had a gastric sleeve - on the day of surgery I was 120. The surgery did its job well, but regain happens no matter what. I'd climbed back to 107.7 and realised I had to act to halt the regain. I've put in far too much effort to lose all of it. My first attempt was ozempic, which helped a moderate amount. I reached around 90, but the cost became too high so I stopped. After a few months with nothing, I began reta almost exactly 12 months ago. My dose is fairly low - 1mg every 2nd day. For a couple of months I've sort of been stuck on a plateau. I joined a gym at the end of October weighing 99.9kg. For the first time in my life I've stuck with it pretty consistently. I'm now at 78.9kg and trying to push past this set point. I've just registered for a charity 21km walk at the end of September, so I'm increasing my exercise. Since I was about 12 or 13, this is the lightest I can remember being. It's been one hell of a journey. For me, weight loss drugs on their own don't do the job. Reta combined with proper exercise appears to work well for me, provided I put the effort in.