At what point in your weight loss journey did you begin stacking tirz and reta?

Troglo

Explorer
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Tempe, AZ
For anyone here who has combined tirz and reta: at what stage of your weight loss journey did you introduce the stack? Is there anything you wish you'd been aware of beforehand? Do you regret not starting it sooner?

I'm considering moving away from tirzepatide. I suspect it's behind my insomnia. I'm only 5 pins in and reached a 5mg dose a couple days ago. It's done a great job quieting the food noise.
 
I've been on reta for roughly 20 weeks. Fat loss has been steady with no plateau, but I grabbed a few singles of tirz to dose midway through the week, purely out of curiosity. For research purposes, naturally. 6mg R/1.5mg T. The only real change is that now I have 2 days per week where eating is a struggle instead of just 1. It's not like I required the extra reta support — I'm just wired to experiment and poke at things. Monthly fat loss with the T in the mix has stayed roughly the same.

I've also got a single of elora on the way, and in a couple weeks I plan to swap the tirz out for it, just to observe the outcome, compare how it feels, figure out which dose gives me the strongest appetite suppression, and so on. Once I reach my goal weight, there's a possibility I'll test a T/Elora stack too, to see what that combo does. Honestly, the main driver behind all this is figuring out what my maintenance plan will look like — and I'm not that far from hitting goal weight.
 
Roughly midway is when I began. I had reached 7.5mg of Tirz and had no interest in increasing it further. So I introduced a weekly Reta booster injection at the middle of the week. More recently I have also brought Cagri into the mix. At this point I am getting close to my goal. My schedule is Fri Triz, 7.5mg, Tuesday Reta 4mg, Wed Cagri 1mg. To me, these are not large GLP doses. Across all of these peptides, I experienced no side effects whatsoever.
 
Troglo said:

For anyone here who has combined tirz and reta: at what stage of your weight loss journey did you introduce the stack? Is there anything you wish you'd been aware of beforehand? Do you regret not starting it sooner?

I'm considering moving away from tirzepatide. I suspect it's behind my insomnia. I'm only 5 pins in and reached a 5mg dose a couple days ago. It's done a great job quieting the food noise.

A sizable share of Reta users end up dealing with a raised resting heart rate along with disrupted sleep. One reason is that agonism at the glucagon receptor ramps up the release of stress hormones from the brain.

With Tirz, insomnia is basically never something people report, and nothing about the pharmacology suggests that layering Reta on top would somehow reduce that problem — if anything, the odds point the other way, toward making it worse…

Still, mixing different GLPs together at random, in hopes of landing worse outcomes than the trials show thousands of people get from simply sticking with one steady, single-drug regimen, has become its own pastime, so go ahead. Perhaps a Sema/Tirz/Reta/Cagri/Elora stack plus some growth hormone would get you close to what plain Tirz would give you dependably….
 
I had been taking 5mg of tirz twice weekly...For me it performs quite well, really like it...I wound up with quite a bit of reta and figured I would check out what it was like. As I get nearer to my maintenance weight, Reta's reduced food suppression and visceral fat reduction seemed to match where I am, so I figured why not... I moved to 5mg tirz plus (currently) 4mg of reta...I sort of enjoy combining the two, and if that shifts, I'll switch things around again... 👍
 
GLiPtest said:

Troglo said:

For anyone here who has combined tirz and reta: at what stage of your weight loss journey did you introduce the stack? Is there anything you wish you'd been aware of beforehand? Do you regret not starting it sooner?

I'm considering moving away from tirzepatide. I suspect it's behind my insomnia. I'm only 5 pins in and reached a 5mg dose a couple days ago. It's done a great job quieting the food noise.

A sizable share of Reta users end up dealing with a raised resting heart rate along with disrupted sleep. One reason is that agonism at the glucagon receptor ramps up the release of stress hormones from the brain.

With Tirz, insomnia is basically never something people report, and nothing about the pharmacology suggests that layering Reta on top would somehow reduce that problem — if anything, the odds point the other way, toward making it worse…

Still, mixing different GLPs together at random, in hopes of landing worse outcomes than the trials show thousands of people get from simply sticking with one steady, single-drug regimen, has become its own pastime, so go ahead. Perhaps a Sema/Tirz/Reta/Cagri/Elora stack plus some growth hormone would get you close to what plain Tirz would give you dependably….

meh, they do the job...they do the job as a pair....they do the job on their own....Sport?...alright, fine

As for me, I've got cagril and sema on hand, but aside from maybe doing a 'sport' pin at some point just to see what happens, my maintenance lineup is simply tirz and reta in whatever mix...😎
 
Seasonal1 said:

Roughly midway is when I began. I had reached 7.5mg of Tirz and had no interest in increasing it further. So I introduced a weekly Reta booster injection at the middle of the week. More recently I have also brought Cagri into the mix. At this point I am getting close to my goal. My schedule is Fri Triz, 7.5mg, Tuesday Reta 4mg, Wed Cagri 1mg. To me, these are not large GLP doses. Across all of these peptides, I experienced no side effects whatsoever.
Can I ask what made you decide against increasing your Triz dose further? Right now I'm at 7.5.
 
Straightforward and truthful reply to the question that was asked: right when they ended up in my possession.
 
My tirz journey began at the end of January this year, and by the end of March I had added reta into the mix. At the point I began stacking, my tirz dose was 5mg.

Since Feb 15, which is when I started tracking my weight, I'm down ~75lbs. Right now I'm taking 3mg reta, 9mg tirz, and .13mg sema...because why not??
 
Began on reta, since that's the trendy choice everyone mentions. Eventually reached a stage where increasing reta further wrecked my sleep and caused an odd skin sensation, so I introduced a bit of sema. It ended up working really well.
 
I've stalled out completely!!! Began Tirz on May 7th weighing 388lbs - followed the standard titration schedule. Now I'm at 318lbs on a 12.5 mg Tirz dose, and over the past 45 days I've barely dropped any weight. My sciatica is severe, which forced me to quit exercising and has left me almost completely incapacitated.

I began ARA290, and the sciatica has improved significantly over the last 3 weeks. This coming Monday 9/14 I wrap up the 28 day cycle. I also introduced Reta at 2.5mg 3 weeks ago alongside the ARA290, and I still haven't shed any pounds. I haven't put any on either, so that's a positive. Being inactive has brought my progress to a standstill. My plan is to reduce the Tirz to 5mg and raise the Reta to 5mg across the next few weeks, then hold at this ratio and see whether this combination keeps my appetite suppressed while still activating Reta's 3rd receptor. If it does, I'll stick with this dosing plan long-term and get myself back to exercising once the nerve pain permits it.
 
Grab the loseit app, choose sedentary, and skip eating back your workout calories.

These meds can absolutely be out-eaten.

If hunger isn't under control, don't drop tirz—raise the reta instead.

How are you spacing your doses? If you aren't doing this yet, inject every 3 days, switching between reta and tirz.

Still, the calories have to come down.
 
ladyj779 has it all right. On top of that, I wouldn't lower your Tirz dose. With any luck, once you bring Reta up to 4mg or 5mg, things will start moving. Wishing you the best.
 
I'd love to hear what others have gone through too! Right now I take 3mg of reta each week (I divide it into 2 doses), and I'm thinking that the next time I go up in dose, I might keep reta at 3mg while adding 2.5mg of tirz to get a bit more appetite suppression 🙂
 
Cluni0n said:

I'd love to hear what others have gone through too! Right now I take 3mg of reta each week (I divide it into 2 doses), and I'm thinking that the next time I go up in dose, I might keep reta at 3mg while adding 2.5mg of tirz to get a bit more appetite suppression 🙂

I introduced Tirz on top of it near the finish of my diet (-60 kg), since Reta had stopped delivering the appetite suppression I wanted.

Give it a go 🙂
 
Cluni0n said:

I'd love to hear what others have gone through too! Right now I take 3mg of reta each week (I divide it into 2 doses), and I'm thinking that the next time I go up in dose, I might keep reta at 3mg while adding 2.5mg of tirz to get a bit more appetite suppression 🙂
Funny enough, I've just bumped my Reta dose from 2mg up to 3mg. Appetite control had been working well for me before, but today? I honestly feel like I could devour a horse and still be hungry.
 
I’m at 4 mg of tirz and today was day 1 of 1 mg reta for me. The reason? I’m post menopausal and I’d like to find out whether I can spark something again. Tirz has treated me well up to now—no hunger, less inflammation—but I got curious about what reta might bring to the mix.
 
On Tirz, I'd lost 18% of my body weight, with my dose reaching 10mg every 6D. For 4 months I'd been a super-responder, shedding 10lbs each month. Then, as I got close to that 18%, things began to slow down. This lines up quite closely with the weight-loss-over-time graph from the studies that has been published for Tirz.

Because of side effects (Allodynia, Tinnitus), I wasn't willing to push the Tirz higher. So I brought in Reta 1mg/6D plus Cagri .5mg/6D, with each staggered every 2D. 2 months later, I went up to 2mg/1mg; a month after that, 4mg/2mg; and in the end Reta 6mg/6D with Cagri 3mg/6D. Eventually I did also increase Tirz, first to 12 and then 15mg. It appears side effects fade with time, which lets me titrate upward while keeping things tolerable.

Did it address the plateau? Yes. Over the 4 months since I began the stack, I've lost another 20lbs, which is another 15% weight loss; all told, 27% lost. Slow. It feels like a stall until I go back through the weekly data.

Insomnia from Tirz is something I've never come across. With Reta, I've heard of it often, and I get it myself. Like clockwork, I wake every 2 hrs, which matches up fairly well with REM sleep cycles. I use an APAP, and it tracks my sleep: on a good night I get 8 hrs, while most nights it's just 6.
 
Back
Top