At what point did the weight loss truly kick in for you?

damy2604

Explorer
Joined
Dec 3, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome/Italy
I’m on week 2 of 4 mg. My daytime appetite has gone way down — these days I just have lunch and dinner, and not huge portions. Still, I’m not totally free of hunger.

How many weeks did it take before things really clicked for you? Also, did your hunger vanish entirely, or is there still some left over?”
 
For me on Zepbound, roughly 3 weeks passed before the appetite suppression hit me hard. My dose was 2.5mg, though results vary from person to person. Give it time.
 
Pretty much right away. Within 24 hours of my first injection, the appetite suppression kicked in and the food noise started fading. I started on Tirzepatide 2.5. That initial week I lost 1.8lb. My daily calorie target was tdee-500calories.
 
damy2604 said:

I’m on week 2 of 4 mg. My daytime appetite has gone way down — these days I just have lunch and dinner, and not huge portions. Still, I’m not totally free of hunger.

How many weeks did it take before things really clicked for you? Also, did your hunger vanish entirely, or is there still some left over?”
Right now I'm on 7.5mg of Tirzepatide, and I've stayed at that amount for roughly 2 months. With this dose, close to 90% of the food noise has been silenced, so I intend to remain on it for a good while. During the first month at this dose I hit a bit of a stall, but this month I started going to the gym, and that added activity has made a big difference. I've lost around 40 pounds over 5 months.
 
Week 1.

Keep in mind, we kicked off a low carb way of eating at the same time. I hesitate to label it a diet.

Began with 2mg Reta 10 weeks back and gradually titrated to 5mg. Took my first 5mg dose this morning.

In the beginning I had zero desire to eat, though that has shifted — now we have really small meals and typically just a protein shake at lunch.

As far as my wife and I can tell, neither of us has dealt with much food noise.
 
Which kind of hunger are you asking about? Was food noise a big issue for you previously?

Since I began with a microdose out of concern for side effects, my experience might not be very useful. Early on there were small shifts within the first weeks, though placebo could explain them. Appetite suppression became noticeable somewhere in weeks 4-6. As for weight loss, that began in week 1.

Hunger isn't much of an issue for me, food noise is basically absent, and I get full much sooner. Some hunger sticking around is fine by me since it keeps me on track — otherwise I might unintentionally go the entire day without eating.
 
For me, reta kicked in basically right away and does its job really well. I began at a fairly high dose of 2mg (I'm in week 2 now and up to 3mg) since I'd used GLP1s before. Occasionally I get a faint urge to eat, which is likely just habit, and it bums me out a bit when I notice I'm not truly hungry at all lol
 
Responses vary so much from person to person.

For me, 2.5mg of Tirz killed my appetite right away on day 1. As for my sister, the appetite suppression only kicked in once she moved up to 5mg
 
In my case, the change showed up just 1 day later. My appetite, food noise, and cravings all dropped sharply, and at last food didn't feel like a struggle anymore. Down 19 pounds to this point, really pleased, and eager to keep shedding more.
 
In my case, Tirz had an effect on my appetite, cravings, and foodnoise right from the start.

My average weekly loss has been a steady 0,5 kg, with a slightly larger 'whoosh' at the beginning.
 
Completely killing hunger is tough without ending up feeling miserable and generally rough. What you're aiming for instead is: smaller portions leave you satisfied, you're not ravenous between meals, food occupies less of your thoughts, and junk food cravings ease up. If you eat when hunger hits, and the total you take in lands at the level that produces steady, sensible weight loss — all without white-knuckling yourself through every hungry moment — then things are functioning just as they should. From what you've described, you're fairly close to that point.

If hunger is still too strong, or the scale won't budge, a dose increase may be needed; if side effects show up, a decrease might be the answer — the goal is finding your best fit over time. Eating healthy food and keeping protein at a reasonable level helps too.
 
As for me, after the initial 1mg dose of reta, I dropped 2 kg during the first week. It's been 8 weeks now and I'm down 16 kg. The dose has been 2.5 so far, and I just moved up to 3 on Friday.
 
Back
Top