Grogu said:
tubby said:
I'll leave out the parts I figure you wouldn't want to hear, but one thing worth noting: in a way, dropping those last 20 lbs while on a GLP often ends up looking a lot like dropping the first 20 lbs would have, if GLPs had never entered the picture. No single "best" method really exists — instead there's a whole range of options, and how well each one works shifts from one person to the next.
For someone with your particular outlook on weight loss, cagrilintide looks like the clear front-runner, since it works through a distinctly different mechanism and would push your food intake even lower than it already is.
Next up would probably be glucagon-agonism (by way of ghetto reta), because the added sema would give you the hunger control you're after — fitting your weight loss outlook — while the pounds keep coming off.
After that comes switching to reta itself. Yes, it also brings in glucagon-agonism, but you'd probably feel more hunger and appetite for a long stretch, and mentally you'd feel cornered into facing that head-on — likely making yourself miserable while chasing calorie targets through that whole transition.
GHSs (*morelin) would likely land at the bottom of the list. They're probably quite effective, but you'd hit the same obstacles as with reta, made worse by possible muscle gain (plus water retention) that would make the scale look like you're going backwards, and you'd probably run into the same "calories" problem reta brings. On top of that, since GH tinkering ideally means extra labwork, monitoring, and other unknowns, it may not be the most psychologically easy or reassuring route.
Even though our views on weight-loss approaches don't always line up, I genuinely value your input, and I'm completely with you that cagrilintide stands out as the clearest pick for me — for both physiological and psychological reasons

. That's likely why, a few months ago, I chose to purchase cagri rather than survo/maz.
The pH concern with cagri had been holding me back, but @cldfront laid out a clear plan that should help me feel more at ease using it. So now my only task is to find some sterile acetic acid solution. Until then, my plan is to begin sema again on Monday while I sort out the cagrilintide.
tubby said:
I'll leave out the parts I figure you wouldn't want to hear, but one thing worth noting: in a way, dropping those last 20 lbs while on a GLP often ends up looking a lot like dropping the first 20 lbs would have, if GLPs had never entered the picture. No single "best" method really exists — instead there's a whole range of options, and how well each one works shifts from one person to the next.
For someone with your particular outlook on weight loss, cagrilintide looks like the clear front-runner, since it works through a distinctly different mechanism and would push your food intake even lower than it already is.
Next up would probably be glucagon-agonism (by way of ghetto reta), because the added sema would give you the hunger control you're after — fitting your weight loss outlook — while the pounds keep coming off.
After that comes switching to reta itself. Yes, it also brings in glucagon-agonism, but you'd probably feel more hunger and appetite for a long stretch, and mentally you'd feel cornered into facing that head-on — likely making yourself miserable while chasing calorie targets through that whole transition.
GHSs (*morelin) would likely land at the bottom of the list. They're probably quite effective, but you'd hit the same obstacles as with reta, made worse by possible muscle gain (plus water retention) that would make the scale look like you're going backwards, and you'd probably run into the same "calories" problem reta brings. On top of that, since GH tinkering ideally means extra labwork, monitoring, and other unknowns, it may not be the most psychologically easy or reassuring route.
Yeah, I had figured that at some stage I'd want to give tesamorelin a try, but like you said (and I'm 100% in agreement once more), that would be saved for last. Because you're exactly right — seeing any bump on the scale would throw me off

. Apparently I'm that transparent.