Astor Scientific Vials

Gr33dyOctopus

Explorer
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Location
Federal way wa
Empty vials that are sterile and pyrogen free.

Not long ago I bought several of these, then reached out by email to ask the following questions. I'm eager to hear back.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Empty vials that are sterile and pyrogen free.

Not long ago I bought several of these, then reached out by email to ask the following questions. I'm eager to hear back.
The part about puncture counts got me thinking of
026e70cebf8a5f66b43cd39d5ee36a9df00b165aa4c3eccb3674850ae5521818.gif
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

Which size are they?
3ml
What quantity do you need? In my possession are 18 of the 3ml, 10 of the 5mg, and 10 of the 10mg. The 10mg ones are earmarked for the R140. My plan is to reconstitute using 8ml BAC. This yields a 46unit/4.6mg injection, equivalent to 8mg after conversion. They'd also work well for merging 2 vials into one.
 
BNLFL said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

Which size are they?
3ml
What quantity do you need? In my possession are 18 of the 3ml, 10 of the 5mg, and 10 of the 10mg. The 10mg ones are earmarked for the R140. My plan is to reconstitute using 8ml BAC. This yields a 46unit/4.6mg injection, equivalent to 8mg after conversion. They'd also work well for merging 2 vials into one.
I picked up 60 of these, and I'm hoping they work well! According to my chatgpt, they're wayyyy superior to the k2's feom amazon, though still mid tier and raising plenty of questions!

Where did you find that r140 again? That's sooooo much reta!
 
You might want to reach out to firegene too, though I'd leave the first paragraph off the list—my guess is they won't reply, since these are for RUO.
 
BNLFL said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

Which size are they?
3ml
What quantity do you need? In my possession are 18 of the 3ml, 10 of the 5mg, and 10 of the 10mg. The 10mg ones are earmarked for the R140. My plan is to reconstitute using 8ml BAC. This yields a 46unit/4.6mg injection, equivalent to 8mg after conversion. They'd also work well for merging 2 vials into one.

mg measures weight, while ml measures volume — you do get that, correct?

Your repeated phrasing like 46 unit/4.6mg is simply wrong. 46 units equals .46ml. With 140mg reconstituted in 8ml, a .46ml draw comes out to roughly 8mg.
 
woundcarping said:

BNLFL said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

Which size are they?
3ml
What quantity do you need? In my possession are 18 of the 3ml, 10 of the 5mg, and 10 of the 10mg. The 10mg ones are earmarked for the R140. My plan is to reconstitute using 8ml BAC. This yields a 46unit/4.6mg injection, equivalent to 8mg after conversion. They'd also work well for merging 2 vials into one.

mg measures weight, while ml measures volume — you do get that, correct?

Your repeated phrasing like 46 unit/4.6mg is simply wrong. 46 units equals .46ml. With 140mg reconstituted in 8ml, a .46ml draw comes out to roughly 8mg.
Yeah, force of habit.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Empty vials that are sterile and pyrogen free.

Not long ago I bought several of these, then reached out by email to ask the following questions. I'm eager to hear back.
The part about puncture counts got me thinking ofView attachment 10832

🤣 If you recall that mean owl biting through a child's Tootsie Pop, you're OLD! Count me in that group too!
 

Attachments

  • 026e70cebf8a5f66b43cd39d5ee36a9df00b165aa4c3eccb3674850ae5521818.gif
    026e70cebf8a5f66b43cd39d5ee36a9df00b165aa4c3eccb3674850ae5521818.gif
    124.5 KB · Views: 2
Great! According to the tracking, mine should arrive on Monday. The responses I got to my inquiries let me down, but oh well — even so, these are likely far superior to the K vials I had been getting from Amazon.
 
Back
Top