Are Temu/AliExpress pH Test Strips Reliable?

Cluni0n

Explorer
Joined
Apr 26, 2026
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
France
Hii, I'm planning to pick up some pH strips so I can check the bac water (the Chinese kind, yeah I know I'm rolling the dice lol) that I'm about to order, and I keep wondering: do the ones from Temu/AliExpress actually perform noticeably 'worse' than what Amazon sells?

I keep having this nagging feeling that almost everything I come across on Amazon can also be found on Ali, and that they're basically identical in quality😬
 
Take needles, for example - the ones I had been buying from Amazon turned up on Ali express as well, except Ali sold me 100 of them for less. Easy call.
 
Cluni0n said:

Hii, I'm planning to pick up some pH strips so I can check the bac water (the Chinese kind, yeah I know I'm rolling the dice lol) that I'm about to order, and I keep wondering: do the ones from Temu/AliExpress actually perform noticeably 'worse' than what Amazon sells?

I keep having this nagging feeling that almost everything I come across on Amazon can also be found on Ali, and that they're basically identical in quality😬

It all comes down to which brand you pick. Going with a generic Chinese option on amazon means you might end up with the same low-quality product either way, so you could see the reading be off by as much as +/-1 for PH

But if you go with a reputable brand sold on amazon, such as Macherey-Nagel, MQuant or Hydrion, those are trusted and g2g
 
Back
Top