Are Forum Notifications Not Working?

RetCurious

Explorer
Joined
Dec 29, 2025
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Location
Running as fast as I can
I keep up with a large number of topics so I can stay current with the subjects and members that interest me here.

For the past 2 months or so, I've been seeing new posts in topics I follow appear now and then under New (Unread), yet they never show up in my notifications.

It's getting hard for me to stay on top of things — am I doing something wrong, or is there some kind of limit or a bug affecting our notifications?
 
I’m following a few, and notices have been arriving this week. ?? Maybe take a look at whether you picked email notifications when you followed, or went without? That option appears once you hit follow.
 
I've been seeing the same thing. For my part, I never pick the email notification option, though I'm guessing your point was about the push notifications/the red number that appears when there are unread notifications, correct?

That said, it's been quite a while now that I've only been getting notifications for a portion of the new threads/posts in the topics I follow.
 
d5c21be85840d1a979a4bca8e2c02cba5eb895011d2ed2b1eaabd3d33cf019a8.gif


A quick toggle on their end would sort it out in no time. /lol
 
I've noticed something else too: whenever I have a stretch where I don't check them very often — say I'm away on vacation or tied up with other things — the number of notifications I get seems to drop.
 
cheaperseeker said:

I've been seeing the same thing. For my part, I never pick the email notification option, though I'm guessing your point was about the push notifications/the red number that appears when there are unread notifications, correct?

That said, it's been quite a while now that I've only been getting notifications for a portion of the new threads/posts in the topics I follow.
I'm seeing the same thing: no emails arriving, though the red badge next to the bell is there. And when I check my account alerts page, nothing shows up there either.
 
Emails about messages do reach me, but nothing else comes through. I never receive anything for the handful of threads I follow. Honestly, I had no idea following could even trigger a notification.
 
Back
Top