littlerestraint
Explorer
Hello everyone, instead of continuing to water down the other thread I'm making my own, so what follows is simply a copy/paste of what I posted over there, I hope that's OK.....
OK then, my ARA-290 has arrived, and since my avatar states 'no source discussion', I'm not going to name where it came from.
I'm not sure whether you mind me jumping onto your thread, so if it's not OK just say so and I'll will start a new one. A part of me thought it made sense to keep it all in one place, but I'm easy either way
30x 10mg vials came my way, and it's unbuffered, so after quite a lot of reading and research my approach for the first vial is as follows.....
To hold the neutral pH I'm using PBS (Phosphate Buffered Saline), along with 1% pure Benzyl Alcohol. The solution will be vortex mixed, then run through a 0.22 micron PES filter.
Reconstitution will be done with 1ml of that solution, meaning 0.4ml delivers my 4mg dose.
Should it sting, then it stings, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
My plan is 4mg daily for a month, followed by a month off, then repeat.
Subcutaneously is how I'll take it, into either my abdomen or upper thigh.
To give more background on where I'm at - I'm a 48 year old male, Type 2 Diabetic. The diagnosis came probably 18-20 years ago, and for the vast majority of that time I've left it completely uncontrolled (aside from the occasional 'fad'). Thanks to my own stupidity (and a previous life of absolute debauchery!) my condition is now really bad, as you can probably imagine!
The diabetic neuropathy I have is terrible and has crept in gradually over the last 5 years, to the point where it now consumes my life. There's no stretch of time where it isn't somewhat at the front of my mind. My pain tolerance happens to be very high, so annoying is probably a better description than painful, though the pain is definitely there!
Gabapentin has been part of my routine for a while and takes the edge off it somewhat, but since my doses are relatively high I only take it in the evenings - my commute is 50 motorway miles each way and I don't want to feel compromised behind the wheel.
Dihydrocodeine is prescribed to me as well, which helps with some of my other pains but doesn't really touch the neuropathy stuff.
For a few months now I've been trying to sort out some of my health issues. Reta is part of that, along with several other peptides including Tesa & BPC/TB. Dieting is happening too, and I'm more or less alcohol free these days anyway.
Exercise is a struggle at the moment because my neuropathy is bad. On top of that I have suspected arthritis in my knee (x-ray results still pending), and there are very early indications of possible foot ulcers which I am desperate to avoid worsening (right now it's just uncomfortable calluses on the balls of both feet). Next month I have an initial consultation at the 'foot clinic' (pod).
So I'm stuck in a vicious cycle/circle (of my own making, I hasten to add!). These days I want to walk but struggle to, and if I had to pick the 2 main issues from my long list of shit then my knee and my neuropathy would be the ones, both of which have completely taken over my life.
My hope is that something can be done about the knee, even if it's just a cortisone injection to get me by for now. Some immediate relief is coming from the BPC/TB so I'm cycling it to see whether it can help at all over a longer period.
The Neuropathy is sheer misery as I have never seen any light at the end of the tunnel, and have been told that once it's done, it's done. I get this, and I am managing my expectations in terms of trying ARA-290, but I'm also desperately hopeful of any respite at all.
Thanks for reading, and sorry to bore you all, there's a whole stack of other shit that I will save for other, more relevant threads.
I will hasten to add - Please don't read my post as if I'm in some pit of despair. In general I am fine (mentally), and I fully accept all the dumb shit that I have done to myself. I live a normal life in that I work, I drive, I have hobbies, I own a house, and I have a partner of 18 years. I'm just [finally] at a point where I want to try and fix any bits and bobs that I can with a view to drastically improving my health situation.
Jon
OK then, my ARA-290 has arrived, and since my avatar states 'no source discussion', I'm not going to name where it came from.
I'm not sure whether you mind me jumping onto your thread, so if it's not OK just say so and I'll will start a new one. A part of me thought it made sense to keep it all in one place, but I'm easy either way
30x 10mg vials came my way, and it's unbuffered, so after quite a lot of reading and research my approach for the first vial is as follows.....
To hold the neutral pH I'm using PBS (Phosphate Buffered Saline), along with 1% pure Benzyl Alcohol. The solution will be vortex mixed, then run through a 0.22 micron PES filter.
Reconstitution will be done with 1ml of that solution, meaning 0.4ml delivers my 4mg dose.
Should it sting, then it stings, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
My plan is 4mg daily for a month, followed by a month off, then repeat.
Subcutaneously is how I'll take it, into either my abdomen or upper thigh.
To give more background on where I'm at - I'm a 48 year old male, Type 2 Diabetic. The diagnosis came probably 18-20 years ago, and for the vast majority of that time I've left it completely uncontrolled (aside from the occasional 'fad'). Thanks to my own stupidity (and a previous life of absolute debauchery!) my condition is now really bad, as you can probably imagine!
The diabetic neuropathy I have is terrible and has crept in gradually over the last 5 years, to the point where it now consumes my life. There's no stretch of time where it isn't somewhat at the front of my mind. My pain tolerance happens to be very high, so annoying is probably a better description than painful, though the pain is definitely there!
Gabapentin has been part of my routine for a while and takes the edge off it somewhat, but since my doses are relatively high I only take it in the evenings - my commute is 50 motorway miles each way and I don't want to feel compromised behind the wheel.
Dihydrocodeine is prescribed to me as well, which helps with some of my other pains but doesn't really touch the neuropathy stuff.
For a few months now I've been trying to sort out some of my health issues. Reta is part of that, along with several other peptides including Tesa & BPC/TB. Dieting is happening too, and I'm more or less alcohol free these days anyway.
Exercise is a struggle at the moment because my neuropathy is bad. On top of that I have suspected arthritis in my knee (x-ray results still pending), and there are very early indications of possible foot ulcers which I am desperate to avoid worsening (right now it's just uncomfortable calluses on the balls of both feet). Next month I have an initial consultation at the 'foot clinic' (pod).
So I'm stuck in a vicious cycle/circle (of my own making, I hasten to add!). These days I want to walk but struggle to, and if I had to pick the 2 main issues from my long list of shit then my knee and my neuropathy would be the ones, both of which have completely taken over my life.
My hope is that something can be done about the knee, even if it's just a cortisone injection to get me by for now. Some immediate relief is coming from the BPC/TB so I'm cycling it to see whether it can help at all over a longer period.
The Neuropathy is sheer misery as I have never seen any light at the end of the tunnel, and have been told that once it's done, it's done. I get this, and I am managing my expectations in terms of trying ARA-290, but I'm also desperately hopeful of any respite at all.
Thanks for reading, and sorry to bore you all, there's a whole stack of other shit that I will save for other, more relevant threads.
I will hasten to add - Please don't read my post as if I'm in some pit of despair. In general I am fine (mentally), and I fully accept all the dumb shit that I have done to myself. I live a normal life in that I work, I drive, I have hobbies, I own a house, and I have a partner of 18 years. I'm just [finally] at a point where I want to try and fix any bits and bobs that I can with a view to drastically improving my health situation.
Jon