Appetite Suppression Inquiry

Jax Teller

Explorer
Joined
Oct 29, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
All Over
Right now I'm not focused on completely shutting down my appetite, since I'm working on putting on more muscle. That said, once I get to a cutting phase, I'd like to know from people who've tried both Reta and Tirz: is it better to run Tirz alone, combine it with Reta, or go with Reta plus Cagri? At the moment I only use 2mg of Reta and I've never gone above that. Given your experiences, what doses would you suggest?

Thanks for your help!
 
Jax Teller said:

Right now I'm not focused on completely shutting down my appetite, since I'm working on putting on more muscle. That said, once I get to a cutting phase, I'd like to know from people who've tried both Reta and Tirz: is it better to run Tirz alone, combine it with Reta, or go with Reta plus Cagri? At the moment I only use 2mg of Reta and I've never gone above that. Given your experiences, what doses would you suggest?

Thanks for your help!
Everyone seems to run different stacks. Personally, once I switched to maintenance on Reta, my first Cagri dose was .125mcg—Reta just doesn't suppress my appetite the way Tirz does. Stacking 2 separate GLPs wasn't something I wanted to do. In the end I dropped the Cagri stack (11/25) because I had unintentionally gone 15lbs below my target weight, and now I take only Reta 3mg. Having a little appetite is fine by me. I fill up without much effort.
 
Thanks, appreciate the reply! Was the Cagri vial the 5mg one? If so, how many units did that come to on a slin pin?
 
janedoe said:

Jax Teller said:

Right now I'm not focused on completely shutting down my appetite, since I'm working on putting on more muscle. That said, once I get to a cutting phase, I'd like to know from people who've tried both Reta and Tirz: is it better to run Tirz alone, combine it with Reta, or go with Reta plus Cagri? At the moment I only use 2mg of Reta and I've never gone above that. Given your experiences, what doses would you suggest?

Thanks for your help!
Everyone seems to run different stacks. Personally, once I switched to maintenance on Reta, my first Cagri dose was .125mcg—Reta just doesn't suppress my appetite the way Tirz does. Stacking 2 separate GLPs wasn't something I wanted to do. In the end I dropped the Cagri stack (11/25) because I had unintentionally gone 15lbs below my target weight, and now I take only Reta 3mg. Having a little appetite is fine by me. I fill up without much effort.

janedoe said:

Jax Teller said:

Right now I'm not focused on completely shutting down my appetite, since I'm working on putting on more muscle. That said, once I get to a cutting phase, I'd like to know from people who've tried both Reta and Tirz: is it better to run Tirz alone, combine it with Reta, or go with Reta plus Cagri? At the moment I only use 2mg of Reta and I've never gone above that. Given your experiences, what doses would you suggest?

Thanks for your help!
Everyone seems to run different stacks. Personally, once I switched to maintenance on Reta, my first Cagri dose was .125mcg—Reta just doesn't suppress my appetite the way Tirz does. Stacking 2 separate GLPs wasn't something I wanted to do. In the end I dropped the Cagri stack (11/25) because I had unintentionally gone 15lbs below my target weight, and now I take only Reta 3mg. Having a little appetite is fine by me. I fill up without much effort.
That's not accurate—cagri doesn't belong to the glp1 class.
 
CNCCurrency said:

janedoe said:

Jax Teller said:

Right now I'm not focused on completely shutting down my appetite, since I'm working on putting on more muscle. That said, once I get to a cutting phase, I'd like to know from people who've tried both Reta and Tirz: is it better to run Tirz alone, combine it with Reta, or go with Reta plus Cagri? At the moment I only use 2mg of Reta and I've never gone above that. Given your experiences, what doses would you suggest?

Thanks for your help!
Everyone seems to run different stacks. Personally, once I switched to maintenance on Reta, my first Cagri dose was .125mcg—Reta just doesn't suppress my appetite the way Tirz does. Stacking 2 separate GLPs wasn't something I wanted to do. In the end I dropped the Cagri stack (11/25) because I had unintentionally gone 15lbs below my target weight, and now I take only Reta 3mg. Having a little appetite is fine by me. I fill up without much effort.

janedoe said:

Jax Teller said:

Right now I'm not focused on completely shutting down my appetite, since I'm working on putting on more muscle. That said, once I get to a cutting phase, I'd like to know from people who've tried both Reta and Tirz: is it better to run Tirz alone, combine it with Reta, or go with Reta plus Cagri? At the moment I only use 2mg of Reta and I've never gone above that. Given your experiences, what doses would you suggest?

Thanks for your help!
Everyone seems to run different stacks. Personally, once I switched to maintenance on Reta, my first Cagri dose was .125mcg—Reta just doesn't suppress my appetite the way Tirz does. Stacking 2 separate GLPs wasn't something I wanted to do. In the end I dropped the Cagri stack (11/25) because I had unintentionally gone 15lbs below my target weight, and now I take only Reta 3mg. Having a little appetite is fine by me. I fill up without much effort.
That's not accurate—cagri doesn't belong to the glp1 class.
I get that—I never called Cagri a glp. What I brought up was stacking glps, specifically Tirz and Reta, since the OP brought up Tirz and Reta, and I noted that I went with Cagri for stacking. 👍
 
Jax Teller said:

Thanks, appreciate the reply! Was the Cagri vial the 5mg one? If so, how many units did that come to on a slin pin?
Yep, a 5mg vial. How many units you draw on the syringe comes down to how you reconstitute it. Use a recon calculator — you can find links and posts about them throughout the forum.
 
Tirz gave me strong appetite suppression at each dose as I titrated up. I quit once pharma prices went up, switched to grey, and moved to reta. Only after hitting 8mg weekly — split into 2 doses of 4mg on Mon/Thurs — did reta actually start suppressing my appetite. The feeling differed for me: Tirz brought on mild nausea, while reta just leaves me with no hunger.

I did buy some cagri, but after recently going to 8mg per week, I figure I don't need it anymore.
 
pughster25 said:

Tirz gave me strong appetite suppression at each dose as I titrated up. I quit once pharma prices went up, switched to grey, and moved to reta. Only after hitting 8mg weekly — split into 2 doses of 4mg on Mon/Thurs — did reta actually start suppressing my appetite. The feeling differed for me: Tirz brought on mild nausea, while reta just leaves me with no hunger.

I did buy some cagri, but after recently going to 8mg per week, I figure I don't need it anymore.
Appreciate the reply!
 
Jax Teller said:

pughster25 said:

Tirz gave me strong appetite suppression at each dose as I titrated up. I quit once pharma prices went up, switched to grey, and moved to reta. Only after hitting 8mg weekly — split into 2 doses of 4mg on Mon/Thurs — did reta actually start suppressing my appetite. The feeling differed for me: Tirz brought on mild nausea, while reta just leaves me with no hunger.

I did buy some cagri, but after recently going to 8mg per week, I figure I don't need it anymore.
Appreciate the reply!
I only used Tirz. because it worked well for quieting food noise. From what I understand, Reta is meant to speed up weight loss, but I wasn't rushing, and Reta isn't as effective for curbing appetite. On top of that, Reta frequently raises heart rate and causes more sweating. I dropped 90 pounds and have maintained that loss for 2 years now. I continue taking low-dose Tirz. to manage insulin, but the amount is low enough that it doesn't suppress appetite.
 
wildcat0367 said:

Jax Teller said:

pughster25 said:

Tirz gave me strong appetite suppression at each dose as I titrated up. I quit once pharma prices went up, switched to grey, and moved to reta. Only after hitting 8mg weekly — split into 2 doses of 4mg on Mon/Thurs — did reta actually start suppressing my appetite. The feeling differed for me: Tirz brought on mild nausea, while reta just leaves me with no hunger.

I did buy some cagri, but after recently going to 8mg per week, I figure I don't need it anymore.
Appreciate the reply!
I only used Tirz. because it worked well for quieting food noise. From what I understand, Reta is meant to speed up weight loss, but I wasn't rushing, and Reta isn't as effective for curbing appetite. On top of that, Reta frequently raises heart rate and causes more sweating. I dropped 90 pounds and have maintained that loss for 2 years now. I continue taking low-dose Tirz. to manage insulin, but the amount is low enough that it doesn't suppress appetite.
Appreciate the reply!
 
Jax Teller said:

Right now I'm not focused on completely shutting down my appetite, since I'm working on putting on more muscle. That said, once I get to a cutting phase, I'd like to know from people who've tried both Reta and Tirz: is it better to run Tirz alone, combine it with Reta, or go with Reta plus Cagri? At the moment I only use 2mg of Reta and I've never gone above that. Given your experiences, what doses would you suggest?

Thanks for your help!

There's no need to overcomplicate this. At this point you're still on a minimal therapeutic dose of reta, yet you're bringing up the idea of adding other GLP1s on top. If cutting is what you want, the straightforward move is to raise your retatrutide dose.
 
Habibibi said:

Jax Teller said:

Right now I'm not focused on completely shutting down my appetite, since I'm working on putting on more muscle. That said, once I get to a cutting phase, I'd like to know from people who've tried both Reta and Tirz: is it better to run Tirz alone, combine it with Reta, or go with Reta plus Cagri? At the moment I only use 2mg of Reta and I've never gone above that. Given your experiences, what doses would you suggest?

Thanks for your help!

There's no need to overcomplicate this. At this point you're still on a minimal therapeutic dose of reta, yet you're bringing up the idea of adding other GLP1s on top. If cutting is what you want, the straightforward move is to raise your retatrutide dose.
👍
 
Back
Top