Anyone just using Plain Bitcoin (no stablecoin)?

SamsHere said:

Apart from price swings, is there any downside to simply paying with regular bitcoin?
I have never used anything else.

From my bank to Strike to get BTC, then to Exodus for BTC, then straight to the vendor in BTC.
 
SamsHere said:

Apart from price swings, is there any downside to simply paying with regular bitcoin?
Nope, nothing could be simpler. Euros from my bank > BTC on Kraken > Kraken wallet > send BTC to the seller.

To me the volatility isn't a problem (just a few Euros) when weighed against how straightforward it is.
 
I've made 4 or 5 purchases with it. Price volatility is the drawback. My approach to reduce that: finalize the order first, then purchase the BTC, send it straight to my Exodus wallet, and settle with the supplier. With any luck, the BTC price stays fairly steady while the transactions are pending. Assuming my vendors take it, I'll likely move to USDT next time so I don't have to deal with that.
 
For a stretch I stuck with BTC simply because that was my habit. Then a few GBs went sideways when the price slid after I placed the order—sometimes even in the gap between sending and confirmation—so I moved over to USDC-Sol. Sending it is way quicker and costs far less than BTC, plus there's zero price swing. On top of that, I can put cash directly into USDC through Coinbase or Kraken and move it to my other wallets at no charge.
 
BTC is what I usually go with, and honestly it's the simpler option. Holding funds in it isn't ideal, but when it comes to paying, things are a little more straightforward. Stablecoins mean you've got to have SOL or ETH on hand for the network fee, plus you need to be sure you're sending on the network the vendor expects. For me that's more of a PIA, with extra chances to mess up, so I'd rather put up with some price fluctuation using BTC.
 
BTC is my go-to. There's no need to think about what network it's sitting on, or whether you've got another coin on hand to cover fees. As long as you aren't sitting on it, price swings don't really matter. If a seller takes BTC, that's the payment method I'll pick every time.
 
Back
Top