Anyone here with naturally elevated resting heart rate and slightly high blood pressure doing research?

Joined
Jul 13, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
US
Hey everyone!

I'm still deep in the learning stage of my peptide exploration, and I'd like to hear what others think about which peptides might influence resting heart rate (RHR)—mine hangs around 80—and/or blood pressure (BP). I've read that Reta can impact RHR, and that's the biggest reason I've stayed with Tirz. I'm also coming across mentions of possible anxiety from things like Semax, which makes me wonder: for people with a specific cardiovascular profile, which peptides warrant extra caution?

I'm approaching 50 years old and right now Tirz is the only thing I take. The peptides I'm most curious about are:

Semax/Selank - for overall cognitive support

KPV - for general inflammation support

GHK-Cu - for my aging skin

AHK-Cu - for my thinning hair

BPC-157/TB-500 (keeping some on hand for injuries)

All thoughts are welcome. 🙂
 
80 bpm as a resting heart rate is not really “too” high. A 25-year-old endurance athlete would have a lower rate, sure, but for someone who is 50, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. That is, as long as your rate hasn't been significantly lower until recently. Getting checked by a cardiologist would help clarify what's going on in your case.

This week I began tapering the Tirz, with the plan of staying on Reta alone going forward.

Compared with the monthly averages I'd recorded before (my watch logs this), my resting heart rate has fallen 10-15 bpm over the last 2 days.
 
My 24-hour Holter monitor showed an average of 97, which counts as high and isn't exactly a healthy indicator. Luckily, after losing 80 kg, it has come down quite a bit. For someone at 50 years old, 80 bpm is likely higher than average, though it doesn't meaningfully raise cardiovascular risk. Losing weight should bring it down, and boosting cardiovascular fitness will almost certainly do the same.
 
Even prior to using reta, my average was ~90 bpm. These days I'd put myself at ~95-100. Right after I began reta, there were moments—particularly when feeling anxious—where my resting rate briefly reached 120. My blood pressure is on the low side, though. An elevated heart rate is something plenty of people report with both reta and survo.
 
Even on high doses, Reta never pushed my heart rate up, yet Eloralintide appears to be bringing it down.

My starting dose was 3mg, swapped in for 2.4mg of cagri (cagri had no effect on my heart rate at all).
 
RadicalCrimson said:

Even on high doses, Reta never pushed my heart rate up, yet Eloralintide appears to be bringing it down.

My starting dose was 3mg, swapped in for 2.4mg of cagri (cagri had no effect on my heart rate at all).
Please keep me posted on this! Lowering my HR is something I'd really like to do.
 
This is elora at present - keep in mind the horizontal axis isn't linear, it begins with individual days:





c43581bc50b8b2ef7e55b3dd4ce9882e2300e29843598a54b27a8cb99c0b502f.webp





Eloralintide, a selective, long‐acting amylin receptor agonist for treatment of obesity: Phase 1 proof of concept - PMC



Eloralintide (LY3841136) is a potent, long‐acting selective amylin receptor agonist currently under development for the treatment of obesity with once‐weekly subcutaneous dosing. This 12‐week Phase 1, randomised, placebo‐controlled, participant‐ and ...

4d13c41cbc0409fb932089618e379d69d6e07846fc324487242c1d77d1bad140.png



pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

The distinct effect of eloralintide on heart rate is particularly noteworthy. Eloralintide lowered resting heart rate, an effect consistent with that observed with other non-selective amylin receptor agonists such as cagrilintide, but diverging from the tachycardia induced by GLP-1 and GLP-1/GIP receptor agonists. This difference likely reflects distinct engagement of central autonomic circuits.

Click to expand...



bfd5328c4e3b06aab13b2d4a1bb087d78f26830efa9114d62b06ae6b9d85b808.jpg




Eloralintide: A selective alternative targeting the amylin receptor for obesity management





Image unavailable


www.the-innovation.org
 
Jack Rabbit Slims said:

Hey everyone!

I'm still deep in the learning stage of my peptide exploration, and I'd like to hear what others think about which peptides might influence resting heart rate (RHR)—mine hangs around 80—and/or blood pressure (BP). I've read that Reta can impact RHR, and that's the biggest reason I've stayed with Tirz. I'm also coming across mentions of possible anxiety from things like Semax, which makes me wonder: for people with a specific cardiovascular profile, which peptides warrant extra caution?

I'm approaching 50 years old and right now Tirz is the only thing I take. The peptides I'm most curious about are:

Semax/Selank - for overall cognitive support

KPV - for general inflammation support

GHK-Cu - for my aging skin

AHK-Cu - for my thinning hair

BPC-157/TB-500 (keeping some on hand for injuries)

All thoughts are welcome. 🙂

Hey-yo. F49, dealing with high BP from job stress plus weight, just into the obese range.

On Reta I saw +10 bpm for both resting and exercise. Can't say what it did for blood pressure. Only ran it a few weeks; things returned to baseline 3-4 weeks later, which is what I figured would happen.

BPC-157 I paired with GHK-cu. Whether it truly changed anything is unclear, though the following day I turned irritable. Turns out a lot of people are really fond of BPC—it gives them a lift—but in my case that translates to a next-day crash. Didn't track BP much because I wasn't taking it on those days.

A cycle of BPC is something some use to patch up old injuries. I haven't gone that route.

Tirz ranks quite high for anti-inflammatory effects; certain people with autoimmune conditions such as Hashimoto's often remain on it for that reason. If inflammation goes down, you'd expect HR and BP to follow.

NAD+ has been good to me—get the buffered version. I don't follow the full protocol, just inject 25-35 mg roughly 3x weekly, as it suits me. It lifts the baseline of energy. It's among the systems that decline with age. The effect is subtle but pleasant. Not stimulating in the way caffeine or B vitamins are.

Thirst sensation diminishes with age. Staying on top of hydration was never my strong suit, and now my thirst cues are pretty poor. Even mild dehydration means thicker blood, which pushes BP up. I've also started taking magnesium before bed and that's made a difference. Be careful which form. Epsom salts don't count!
 
I have moderate HBP, though a daily medication keeps it under control. For roughly 3 weeks I've been using Reta, dosing around 1 - 1.5 mg per pin. Up to this point, neither my Blood Pressure nor my Heart Rate has changed.
 
eidos said:

80 bpm as a resting heart rate is not really “too” high. A 25-year-old endurance athlete would have a lower rate, sure, but for someone who is 50, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. That is, as long as your rate hasn't been significantly lower until recently. Getting checked by a cardiologist would help clarify what's going on in your case.

This week I began tapering the Tirz, with the plan of staying on Reta alone going forward.

Compared with the monthly averages I'd recorded before (my watch logs this), my resting heart rate has fallen 10-15 bpm over the last 2 days.
I appreciate you getting back to me. I had always assumed that number fell into the high range, and once hypertension came along, the medications I was prescribed ended up lowering it by 10-15pts, a change I could genuinely notice in daily life. I felt more "settled," and my system wasn't running in overdrive constantly.

Still, it's good to hear I might just be blowing things out of proportion.
 
Back
Top