Anyone Here Using ARA-290?

Cuzman said:

I've had diabetes for more than 25 years. Over the past 5 years, my neuropathy has worsened, and I've lost a lot of feeling in my toes. During the last 6 months, a very slight numbness has begun moving up into my calves. I've been taking ARA-290 for a little over 3 weeks, and the numbness in my toes has improved somewhat. It's still very early, but things look encouraging. I inject 4mg daily and mix it with bacwater. I'm not sure why it's suggested to use it within 24 hours, but it takes me more than 48 hours to finish the 10mg in each vial, and I haven't noticed any bad effects 🤷‍♂️
Hearing how things unfold for you week after week could make for a genuinely compelling account. Starting a thread to document your journey might be worth thinking about—chances are it would end up being quite useful to others.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Has anyone in this community tried ARA 290 and would be open to talking about what it was like?
Before you buy, check whether the product comes buffered. If a buffered version of ARA is available, BAC can be used with it. Since most ARA is not buffered, you will need to get PBS and mix a small amount into the BAC to prevent gelling — in other words, you handle the buffering on your own. For my BAC, just .5 ml of PBS was enough. At 8.5 Ph there was no gelling. Ph papers were part of my process as well. Every batch of BAC gets a Ph check from me prior to use. I keep using it for an extended period too. Best of luck.
 
JuneBug1956 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Has anyone in this community tried ARA 290 and would be open to talking about what it was like?
Before you buy, check whether the product comes buffered. If a buffered version of ARA is available, BAC can be used with it. Since most ARA is not buffered, you will need to get PBS and mix a small amount into the BAC to prevent gelling — in other words, you handle the buffering on your own. For my BAC, just .5 ml of PBS was enough. At 8.5 Ph there was no gelling. Ph papers were part of my process as well. Every batch of BAC gets a Ph check from me prior to use. I keep using it for an extended period too. Best of luck.
What pH should I be aiming for? From what I found, it seems like staying near 7.4pH is ideal, though I'm not certain if that's right.
 
Cuzman said:

I've had diabetes for more than 25 years. Over the past 5 years, my neuropathy has worsened, and I've lost a lot of feeling in my toes. During the last 6 months, a very slight numbness has begun moving up into my calves. I've been taking ARA-290 for a little over 3 weeks, and the numbness in my toes has improved somewhat. It's still very early, but things look encouraging. I inject 4mg daily and mix it with bacwater. I'm not sure why it's suggested to use it within 24 hours, but it takes me more than 48 hours to finish the 10mg in each vial, and I haven't noticed any bad effects 🤷‍♂️
If anyone has firsthand knowledge of how this peptide affected peripheral neuropathy, I would really value hearing it — thank you. Research exists, but it is limited and I would not call the findings high-reliability or definitive, so personal accounts carry weight, since the studies were quite small.

This is a peptide I have considered but never used. I have cold allodynia, oddly confined to my toes, though they are pretty much always cold, feel strange and somewhat painful (burning /cold), and that has been going on for about 5 years, presumably caused by a small fiber sensory peripheral neuropathy stemming from severe obesity — it can still happen even without diabetes. It is not worsening, I have shed the extra weight, and ALA plus PEA plus a small electric blanket are sufficient to keep the pain away, but eliminating it entirely would be even better.
 
i ran a complete protocol starting at 4mg and then moving up to 8mg... It made no difference for my sciatica
 
itov91 said:

i ran a complete protocol starting at 4mg and then moving up to 8mg... It made no difference for my sciatica
Picked some up intending to relieve the pain in my sciatic nerve. I still haven't started it. My plan is to drop a few more lbs first, then begin.
 
FLglpguy said:

itov91 said:

i ran a complete protocol starting at 4mg and then moving up to 8mg... It made no difference for my sciatica
Picked some up intending to relieve the pain in my sciatic nerve. I still haven't started it. My plan is to drop a few more lbs first, then begin.
you've got to give it a go... begin at 4mg then increase to 8....
 
FLglpguy said:

JuneBug1956 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Has anyone in this community tried ARA 290 and would be open to talking about what it was like?
Before you buy, check whether the product comes buffered. If a buffered version of ARA is available, BAC can be used with it. Since most ARA is not buffered, you will need to get PBS and mix a small amount into the BAC to prevent gelling — in other words, you handle the buffering on your own. For my BAC, just .5 ml of PBS was enough. At 8.5 Ph there was no gelling. Ph papers were part of my process as well. Every batch of BAC gets a Ph check from me prior to use. I keep using it for an extended period too. Best of luck.
What pH should I be aiming for? From what I found, it seems like staying near 7.4pH is ideal, though I'm not certain if that's right.
My gel appeared at 7. Once I moved up to 8.5, the gel disappeared and things cleared up.
 
JuneBug1956 said:

FLglpguy said:

JuneBug1956 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Has anyone in this community tried ARA 290 and would be open to talking about what it was like?
Before you buy, check whether the product comes buffered. If a buffered version of ARA is available, BAC can be used with it. Since most ARA is not buffered, you will need to get PBS and mix a small amount into the BAC to prevent gelling — in other words, you handle the buffering on your own. For my BAC, just .5 ml of PBS was enough. At 8.5 Ph there was no gelling. Ph papers were part of my process as well. Every batch of BAC gets a Ph check from me prior to use. I keep using it for an extended period too. Best of luck.
What pH should I be aiming for? From what I found, it seems like staying near 7.4pH is ideal, though I'm not certain if that's right.
My gel appeared at 7. Once I moved up to 8.5, the gel disappeared and things cleared up.
Was ARA effective for you?
 
FLglpguy said:

JuneBug1956 said:

FLglpguy said:

JuneBug1956 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Has anyone in this community tried ARA 290 and would be open to talking about what it was like?
Before you buy, check whether the product comes buffered. If a buffered version of ARA is available, BAC can be used with it. Since most ARA is not buffered, you will need to get PBS and mix a small amount into the BAC to prevent gelling — in other words, you handle the buffering on your own. For my BAC, just .5 ml of PBS was enough. At 8.5 Ph there was no gelling. Ph papers were part of my process as well. Every batch of BAC gets a Ph check from me prior to use. I keep using it for an extended period too. Best of luck.
What pH should I be aiming for? From what I found, it seems like staying near 7.4pH is ideal, though I'm not certain if that's right.
My gel appeared at 7. Once I moved up to 8.5, the gel disappeared and things cleared up.
Was ARA effective for you?
A friend of mine had my help with ARA. In the end, he chose not to give it a go. I'm acquainted with individuals who have peripheral neuropathy and have seen improvement from it—not a cure, but it does make things better.
 
Calm Logic said:

On the effectiveness side, all I've done is go through 1 vial of 30 mg up to now. So I've got nothing to share yet. The phase 2 studies weren't large, but they were persuasive because of visual proof of nerve regrowth and reduced A1C.

As for reconstitution, I lean toward ARA that mixes properly with BAC alone. For example, I've bought ARA from ZYH. Other suppliers can also fall into that group, provided the product is buffered. Off the top of my head, though, I can't name them. ZYH mainly serves bulk buyers (group buys and people reselling single vials), and on top of that, their customer service is worse than average.
I searched and found nothing, so I assume they aren't on this site?
 
Back
Top