Anyone here tried DIYing 0.9% benzyl alcohol BAC water?

lastresort

Explorer
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
439
Reaction score
0
Location
NorthEast US
These days, getting BAC water is a real pain, as we're all aware. That said, I spotted that Amazon sells pure benzyl alcohol at USP grade.

On the face of it, grabbing a whole bottle of benzyl alcohol seems like overkill since it has no other purpose, but if you've got analytical gear on hand, whipping up 0.9% BAC is a breeze. In my case, I work in a lab, so micropipettes are fully available to me.

Would you say this is a smart move?
 

BAC in Sweden/The Nordics


After searching the forums, I came up empty, so I figured I'd post the question here. In Sweden—and likely across the other Nordic countries, though I could be mistaken—BAC water and similar options are in short supply. Searching for BAC water, the only item I can actually locate that's easy to get is...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com

Starting fresh with micropipettes appeals to me, given they're available from China at €25, but using them would require autoclaving and a hood, plus the stock solution would need to pass through a .1μm filter (PTFE rather than PES, because concentrated alcohol would break down the latter).
 
Here's a related thread that may be useful: /community-link/thread/13820/

lastresort said:

These days, getting BAC water is a real pain, as we're all aware. That said, I spotted that Amazon sells pure benzyl alcohol at USP grade.

On the face of it, grabbing a whole bottle of benzyl alcohol seems like overkill since it has no other purpose, but if you've got analytical gear on hand, whipping up 0.9% BAC is a breeze. In my case, I work in a lab, so micropipettes are fully available to me.

Would you say this is a smart move?
Perfumery is always an option.

lastresort said:

These days, getting BAC water is a real pain, as we're all aware. That said, I spotted that Amazon sells pure benzyl alcohol at USP grade.

On the face of it, grabbing a whole bottle of benzyl alcohol seems like overkill since it has no other purpose, but if you've got analytical gear on hand, whipping up 0.9% BAC is a breeze. In my case, I work in a lab, so micropipettes are fully available to me.

Would you say this is a smart move?
Honestly, why not? If the equipment is available to you, then go ahead.

I still regret parting with my home lab once I retired, though I held onto some essential items. In fact, after picking this new hobby back up, I had to ask a friend to give back my pH meter along with a few other odds and ends!

In any case, nothing elaborate is required, and if you have genuine lab experience and know what you're doing, making your own is definitely possible. Just do it.
 
lastresort said:

These days, getting BAC water is a real pain, as we're all aware. That said, I spotted that Amazon sells pure benzyl alcohol at USP grade.

On the face of it, grabbing a whole bottle of benzyl alcohol seems like overkill since it has no other purpose, but if you've got analytical gear on hand, whipping up 0.9% BAC is a breeze. In my case, I work in a lab, so micropipettes are fully available to me.

Would you say this is a smart move?
From what I can tell, BAC water—which I take to mean Hospira—has become simpler to locate lately, and costs are dropping. So pick up a modest amount at current rates, hold off until a really great offer appears, and then load up.
 
74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg




Bac Water DIY Kit - 50ml - Sterion



Pharmaceutical Grade BAC Water Kit Want full control over your reconstitution solution? With the BAC-Kit, you mix it yourself in just two simple steps using pharmaceutical grade components. Everything you need to prepare 50 ml of bacteriostatic water. The prepared solution remains stable for at...

dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png



sterion-supply.com

Very reliable source in the EU
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

View attachment 10524



Bac Water DIY Kit - 50ml - Sterion



Pharmaceutical Grade BAC Water Kit Want full control over your reconstitution solution? With the BAC-Kit, you mix it yourself in just two simple steps using pharmaceutical grade components. Everything you need to prepare 50 ml of bacteriostatic water. The prepared solution remains stable for at...

View attachment 10525


sterion-supply.com

Very reliable source in the EU
I also suggest it — excellent communication, quick delivery, and helpful guidance for preparation.
 

Attachments

  • 74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg
    74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 3
  • dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png
    dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png
    886 bytes · Views: 3
JohannesSweden77 said:

View attachment 10524



Bac Water DIY Kit - 50ml - Sterion



Pharmaceutical Grade BAC Water Kit Want full control over your reconstitution solution? With the BAC-Kit, you mix it yourself in just two simple steps using pharmaceutical grade components. Everything you need to prepare 50 ml of bacteriostatic water. The prepared solution remains stable for at...

View attachment 10525


sterion-supply.com

Very reliable source in the EU
Appreciate the pointer. For 13€, I'll give it a shot.

Draw exactly 0.47ml for optimal concentration.

Click to expand...

Honestly this is somewhat overengineered. Whether the final figure lands at 0.99% rather than 0.93% won't change anything.
 

Attachments

  • 74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg
    74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 1
  • dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png
    dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png
    886 bytes · Views: 2
JohannesSweden77 said:

View attachment 10524



Bac Water DIY Kit - 50ml - Sterion



Pharmaceutical Grade BAC Water Kit Want full control over your reconstitution solution? With the BAC-Kit, you mix it yourself in just two simple steps using pharmaceutical grade components. Everything you need to prepare 50 ml of bacteriostatic water. The prepared solution remains stable for at...

View attachment 10525


sterion-supply.com

Very reliable source in the EU

Ampuwa (or Braun) comes to less than €3 for each 50ml vial; buying 10 puts you at about €30 with shipping covered.

USP grade BA runs €30 for one 100ml bottle, shipping included.

Half a liter of BAC ends up costing €60.




BAC in Sweden/The Nordics



After searching the forums without finding anything useful, I figured I'd post here. BAC water / choices in Sweden (and likely the rest of the nordics, though I could be mistaken) appear to be limited. Really, the only readily available BAC water option I can locate is...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 

Attachments

  • 74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg
    74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 2
  • dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png
    dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png
    886 bytes · Views: 2
Shittersfull said:

There's a YouTube video showing how to make BAC water. How many mistakes can you spot? I stopped counting around 10.

View: https://youtu.be/ieHuQXh_6gM?si=rWd-g5a0KGAcdfPg

Gloves? None.

A mask? Nope.

Sterilization? Skipped entirely.

TAP WATER? That's a bad idea, particularly in areas such as NJ where the water is extremely hard. After a bottle is opened, it stops being sterile...(though it wasn't sterile to begin with)

Hands not washed at all??

The "bench top" he used wasn't clean (lmao)

What was he trying to say with 10%?

I went through his video list quickly and at this point I wouldn't be shocked if he's moved on to selling crack.
 
lastresort said:

Shittersfull said:

There's a YouTube video showing how to make BAC water. How many mistakes can you spot? I stopped counting around 10.

View: https://youtu.be/ieHuQXh_6gM?si=rWd-g5a0KGAcdfPg

Gloves? None.

A mask? Nope.

Sterilization? Skipped entirely.

TAP WATER? That's a bad idea, particularly in areas such as NJ where the water is extremely hard. After a bottle is opened, it stops being sterile...(though it wasn't sterile to begin with)

Hands not washed at all??

The "bench top" he used wasn't clean (lmao)

What was he trying to say with 10%?

I went through his video list quickly and at this point I wouldn't be shocked if he's moved on to selling crack.
My bet is that staph is what killed them.
 
Shittersfull said:

lastresort said:

Shittersfull said:

There's a YouTube video showing how to make BAC water. How many mistakes can you spot? I stopped counting around 10.

View: https://youtu.be/ieHuQXh_6gM?si=rWd-g5a0KGAcdfPg

Gloves? None.

A mask? Nope.

Sterilization? Skipped entirely.

TAP WATER? That's a bad idea, particularly in areas such as NJ where the water is extremely hard. After a bottle is opened, it stops being sterile...(though it wasn't sterile to begin with)

Hands not washed at all??

The "bench top" he used wasn't clean (lmao)

What was he trying to say with 10%?

I went through his video list quickly and at this point I wouldn't be shocked if he's moved on to selling crack.
My bet is that staph is what killed them.
I'm hoping his cat is alright.
 
Pocket said:

Shittersfull said:

lastresort said:

Shittersfull said:

There's a YouTube video showing how to make BAC water. How many mistakes can you spot? I stopped counting around 10.

View: https://youtu.be/ieHuQXh_6gM?si=rWd-g5a0KGAcdfPg

Gloves? None.

A mask? Nope.

Sterilization? Skipped entirely.

TAP WATER? That's a bad idea, particularly in areas such as NJ where the water is extremely hard. After a bottle is opened, it stops being sterile...(though it wasn't sterile to begin with)

Hands not washed at all??

The "bench top" he used wasn't clean (lmao)

What was he trying to say with 10%?

I went through his video list quickly and at this point I wouldn't be shocked if he's moved on to selling crack.
My bet is that staph is what killed them.
I'm hoping his cat is alright.
I bet his cat's health is in better shape than his own.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

View attachment 10524



Bac Water DIY Kit - 50ml - Sterion



Pharmaceutical Grade BAC Water Kit Want full control over your reconstitution solution? With the BAC-Kit, you mix it yourself in just two simple steps using pharmaceutical grade components. Everything you need to prepare 50 ml of bacteriostatic water. The prepared solution remains stable for at...

View attachment 10525


sterion-supply.com

Very reliable source in the EU
For more than 1 month now, I've used Sterion's bac water with my reta and tesa. It's been great👍🏽
 

Attachments

  • 74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg
    74a8d8a34a00c03ca571ff557f2bc8957a5c4f134f1788bf55d825ed571dd67a.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 3
  • dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png
    dc944ac34cc84bb79e5dfaf62bd29fe1cc1b5f5342d48026ca942a49f518a60a.png
    886 bytes · Views: 2
snapqqt said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

View attachment 10524



Bac Water DIY Kit - 50ml - Sterion



Pharmaceutical Grade BAC Water Kit Want full control over your reconstitution solution? With the BAC-Kit, you mix it yourself in just two simple steps using pharmaceutical grade components. Everything you need to prepare 50 ml of bacteriostatic water. The prepared solution remains stable for at...

View attachment 10525


sterion-supply.com

Very reliable source in the EU
For more than 1 month now, I've used Sterion's bac water with my reta and tesa. It's been great👍🏽
Good to know. I went with the pre-mixed version since I can't be bothered 😂
 
Hey, I mix my own. From what I've seen, a lot of folks can get it from India at a fairly good price, but I actually like doing it and I share it with friends and family. It's quite an involved process, though, because you have to confirm your final product stays under acceptable endotoxin limits. If you're not bothered about testing the water or going through extra steps and buying a load of equipment, then it's super simple.
 
Back
Top