Pepperboi said:
My first machine was an ender 3, and I went wild modifying it. Eventually I decided enough was enough and bought a BambuLabs P1S right before that software lockdown nonsense happened. So I'm glad I'm running older firmware. To put it simply, Bambu Labs is the apple of 3d printers. There's a premium price, yet they generally deliver what they promise. That said, you get proprietary parts that may or may not have third-party alternatives. Look, if all you want is a starter hobby 3d printer, an A1 mini at $220 would handle medium and small prints without issue. But if you're ready to go all in, the P1S is currently discounted to around $600. The reality is that nearly every printer comes with some level of fkry you'll have to put up with somehow. Should you enjoy assembling things, grab an ender 3. If what you want is plug and play, and you're okay with possibly being tied to one ecosystem, bambulabs works. Outside the ender 3, I haven't used creality much, though they're decent as well.