Anyone here had their lab results take a turn for the worse?

Tirzepatide for 8 weeks now, and my A1C, glucose, Triglycerides, and cholesterol all came out better. Whether anything got worse, I honestly can't say.

A few markers that were already suboptimal stayed that way.

Glucose is where the shift is most obvious, going from 106 down to 83. On paper at least, that looks like a move from borderline pre-diabetic into normal range, which strikes me as a pretty dramatic difference and a big deal. I have never seen my glucose that low, at least not that I can recall, yet my labs go all the way back to 2019, when it sat at 98, and back then I weighed 30 lbs. less than I do now and was in far better physical shape than I am today.
 
aRareUnicorn said:

BNLFL said:

ThatNextGril said:

BNLFL said:

Both my A1C and cholesterol levels went down. Another round of testing is coming up for me, and I have the doctor's paperwork needed to get it done.
Same situation for me. I got my yearly blood panel drawn at the start of this month — it was originally scheduled for Nov, but I have a long-standing relationship with putting things off — and my doctor literally put exclamation points in her message saying my cholesterol looks excellent at this point! To be fair, the one number that remains annoyingly low is WBC, and it has stayed low for years. It isn't low enough that he feels the need to treat it with medication, yet it sits just beneath the reference range, and it's genuinely odd that this has persisted for roughly the past 4 years. (That's the reason I've begun injecting sermorelin, hoping it delivers what's promised on the label — or, to be more precise, the "vial".)
Look below.

aRareUnicorn said:

For 8 months, my cysteine, bicarbonate and sodium levels have stayed really low. Nothing else changed or got better.
For my last 2 BT, my sodium has come back low. I had been taking in far too much water and washing out the good stuff. I've been having Gatorade Zero or 1/2 packet of Liquid IV. Both are 250mg. Taking 1/2 Liquid IV is also 250mg. I'm free to go for my next BT whenever I like.
Yeah, I now cap how much water I drink each day, load up on salty foods, and just cross my fingers.

I gave the plain electrolytes a shot, but they make me gag, and anything with sweetness is a total no-go (never could handle those drinks, and to me they taste even worse than the plain ones...)

Honestly, my dosage is still higher than it should be, but there's nothing I can do since I'm enrolled in a clinical trial, and it was already cut from 12 to 9mg...

After the trial ends, I'll have more say over my dosing, and with any luck, things will stabilize at that point...

I add a small amount of Redmond or Baja Gold salt to my water. On average, I go through 5 500ml bottles daily, using spring water, and I no longer drink distilled water.

To give my water some taste, I add only a very small quantity of Celsius drink.
 
BNLFL said:

ThatNextGril said:

BNLFL said:

Both my A1C and cholesterol levels went down. Another round of testing is coming up for me, and I have the doctor's paperwork needed to get it done.
Same situation for me. I got my yearly blood panel drawn at the start of this month — it was originally scheduled for Nov, but I have a long-standing relationship with putting things off — and my doctor literally put exclamation points in her message saying my cholesterol looks excellent at this point! To be fair, the one number that remains annoyingly low is WBC, and it has stayed low for years. It isn't low enough that he feels the need to treat it with medication, yet it sits just beneath the reference range, and it's genuinely odd that this has persisted for roughly the past 4 years. (That's the reason I've begun injecting sermorelin, hoping it delivers what's promised on the label — or, to be more precise, the "vial".)
Look below.

aRareUnicorn said:

For 8 months, my cysteine, bicarbonate and sodium levels have stayed really low. Nothing else changed or got better.
For my last 2 BT, my sodium has come back low. I had been taking in far too much water and washing out the good stuff. I've been having Gatorade Zero or 1/2 packet of Liquid IV. Both are 250mg. Taking 1/2 Liquid IV is also 250mg. I'm free to go for my next BT whenever I like.

Having low sodium is truly an awful condition. It sent me to the ER on 1 occasion. That experience pushed me to start educating myself on electrolytes.
 
Reta has only been part of my routine for 2 weeks now, yet I had a doctor's visit earlier today. My blood pressure came out perfect, and my heart rate matched what it was at the previous appointment. The blood lab results haven't come back yet. When I go for my follow-up in August, I'm really hoping my cholesterol numbers look better—I'd love to get off the statin.
 
Back
Top