ThunderBird
Explorer
Everyone talks about the positives, but the negatives rarely get mentioned. If you've experienced the downsides, what showed up in your blood tests?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I don’t mean a broad pattern—you already said that’s normal with age, lol. What I’m getting at is more like this: you do bloodwork, follow a stack for 3 months, then test again. Did anything abruptly shift or move the wrong way? Something you didn’t anticipate or that came as an unintended result of your protocol. Sorry if I didn’t phrase the question clearly.miameow said:
Please tell me what you mean by “worse,” since with age most things just decline gradually.
Sorry to let you down, but my lab results have gotten significantly better. The sole downside was my resting heart rate, which increased by 12-15 bpm. It has since decreased, though it remains above baseline.ThunderBird said:
Everyone talks about the positives, but the negatives rarely get mentioned. If you've experienced the downsides, what showed up in your blood tests?
Same situation for me. I got my yearly blood panel drawn at the start of this month — it was originally scheduled for Nov, but I have a long-standing relationship with putting things off — and my doctor literally put exclamation points in her message saying my cholesterol looks excellent at this point! To be fair, the one number that remains annoyingly low is WBC, and it has stayed low for years. It isn't low enough that he feels the need to treat it with medication, yet it sits just beneath the reference range, and it's genuinely odd that this has persisted for roughly the past 4 years. (That's the reason I've begun injecting sermorelin, hoping it delivers what's promised on the label — or, to be more precise, the "vial".)BNLFL said:
Both my A1C and cholesterol levels went down. Another round of testing is coming up for me, and I have the doctor's paperwork needed to get it done.
Absolutely. At this point, more gabagool is on the menu.bada bing said:
No
Twice in my life I've dropped 50+ lbs through diet alone, and once now with GLPs. Whenever I make a big lifestyle change, I go get bloodwork. What I see on GLP matches what happens with plain dieting — maybe even a bit better with GLP. With major weight loss, whichever route I took, my labs have shifted in a clearly positive direction. HbA1c and blood pressure in particular turn around fairly quickly. To a smaller degree, inflammation markers and blood lipids do too. My first go at losing weight by diet was a bargain I struck with my PCP so I wouldn't have to go on blood pressure meds. It works.
Having hard numbers that show you're making things better rather than messing them up is a good feeling.
Haha, that's likely to throw off anyone who isn't familiar with late 90's crime dramalastresort said:
Absolutely. At this point, more gabagool is on the menu.bada bing said:
No
Twice in my life I've dropped 50+ lbs through diet alone, and once now with GLPs. Whenever I make a big lifestyle change, I go get bloodwork. What I see on GLP matches what happens with plain dieting — maybe even a bit better with GLP. With major weight loss, whichever route I took, my labs have shifted in a clearly positive direction. HbA1c and blood pressure in particular turn around fairly quickly. To a smaller degree, inflammation markers and blood lipids do too. My first go at losing weight by diet was a bargain I struck with my PCP so I wouldn't have to go on blood pressure meds. It works.
Having hard numbers that show you're making things better rather than messing them up is a good feeling.
Got it. No bloodwork needed on my end to respond. At one stage while on reta, my weight was going up. Eventually it balanced out to no net change, but I suppose that still qualifies as heading the "wrong" way.ThunderBird said:
I don’t mean a broad pattern—you already said that’s normal with age, lol. What I’m getting at is more like this: you do bloodwork, follow a stack for 3 months, then test again. Did anything abruptly shift or move the wrong way? Something you didn’t anticipate or that came as an unintended result of your protocol. Sorry if I didn’t phrase the question clearly.miameow said:
Please tell me what you mean by “worse,” since with age most things just decline gradually.
Look below.ThatNextGril said:
Same situation for me. I got my yearly blood panel drawn at the start of this month — it was originally scheduled for Nov, but I have a long-standing relationship with putting things off — and my doctor literally put exclamation points in her message saying my cholesterol looks excellent at this point! To be fair, the one number that remains annoyingly low is WBC, and it has stayed low for years. It isn't low enough that he feels the need to treat it with medication, yet it sits just beneath the reference range, and it's genuinely odd that this has persisted for roughly the past 4 years. (That's the reason I've begun injecting sermorelin, hoping it delivers what's promised on the label — or, to be more precise, the "vial".)BNLFL said:
Both my A1C and cholesterol levels went down. Another round of testing is coming up for me, and I have the doctor's paperwork needed to get it done.
For my last 2 BT, my sodium has come back low. I had been taking in far too much water and washing out the good stuff. I've been having Gatorade Zero or 1/2 packet of Liquid IV. Both are 250mg. Taking 1/2 Liquid IV is also 250mg. I'm free to go for my next BT whenever I like.aRareUnicorn said:
For 8 months, my cysteine, bicarbonate and sodium levels have stayed really low. Nothing else changed or got better.
Yeah, I now cap how much water I drink each day, load up on salty foods, and just cross my fingers.BNLFL said:
Look below.ThatNextGril said:
Same situation for me. I got my yearly blood panel drawn at the start of this month — it was originally scheduled for Nov, but I have a long-standing relationship with putting things off — and my doctor literally put exclamation points in her message saying my cholesterol looks excellent at this point! To be fair, the one number that remains annoyingly low is WBC, and it has stayed low for years. It isn't low enough that he feels the need to treat it with medication, yet it sits just beneath the reference range, and it's genuinely odd that this has persisted for roughly the past 4 years. (That's the reason I've begun injecting sermorelin, hoping it delivers what's promised on the label — or, to be more precise, the "vial".)BNLFL said:
Both my A1C and cholesterol levels went down. Another round of testing is coming up for me, and I have the doctor's paperwork needed to get it done.
For my last 2 BT, my sodium has come back low. I had been taking in far too much water and washing out the good stuff. I've been having Gatorade Zero or 1/2 packet of Liquid IV. Both are 250mg. Taking 1/2 Liquid IV is also 250mg. I'm free to go for my next BT whenever I like.aRareUnicorn said:
For 8 months, my cysteine, bicarbonate and sodium levels have stayed really low. Nothing else changed or got better.