Anyone here dropped their CPAP after weight loss?

X3rocks said:

308fan said:

308fan said:

X3rocks said:

I was given a cpap roughly 1 month back. It is a genuine pia. At times it feels like I am a hound dog in the back of a truck, since so much air gets pushed through the mask. Lol, I am waiting for a doc app to hear how im doing.

If dropping weight can help me get rid of it, I should push myself a bit harder.
Isn't there an auto mode on your CPAP that lets it adjust on its own?
I rely on the auto mode, and it performs great in my case.
Around 12 at night I ripped the mask off and flung it over the room. The tube had me all knotted up. If I don't tighten the straps really hard, it won't stop leaking. And then my nose itches like crazy. So off it comes, I scratch, and I'm back at square one.

This is driving me up the wall, and on top of that my wife gives me a look that says

“uhm no”.🤷‍♂️😂
Which mask do you have? Mine is the nasal type. Having the large mask over my mouth isn't something I enjoy.
 
I've had mine since Feb, and it still amazes me how dependent a person can be on it. To be honest, I'm not eager to give it up, but I'll be glad once it's no longer necessary. Like others in this thread have said, my doctor explained that some individuals are simply predisposed to OSA regardless of whether they carry extra weight. Time will tell! I'm excited about your journey, and my sleep stats have gotten better! Take a look at SleepHq to figure out how to interpret those stats and get a handle on CPAP therapy—it's worth the effort!
 
I've lost 125 pounds and no longer need my CPAP at all. My apnea has disappeared, and these days I sleep soundly. Using CPAP was a hassle. I used to wake up just as often from fighting the hose as I did from the apnea itself.
 
308fan said:

X3rocks said:

308fan said:

308fan said:

X3rocks said:

I was given a cpap roughly 1 month back. It is a genuine pia. At times it feels like I am a hound dog in the back of a truck, since so much air gets pushed through the mask. Lol, I am waiting for a doc app to hear how im doing.

If dropping weight can help me get rid of it, I should push myself a bit harder.
Isn't there an auto mode on your CPAP that lets it adjust on its own?
I rely on the auto mode, and it performs great in my case.
Around 12 at night I ripped the mask off and flung it over the room. The tube had me all knotted up. If I don't tighten the straps really hard, it won't stop leaking. And then my nose itches like crazy. So off it comes, I scratch, and I'm back at square one.

This is driving me up the wall, and on top of that my wife gives me a look that says

“uhm no”.🤷‍♂️😂
Which mask do you have? Mine is the nasal type. Having the large mask over my mouth isn't something I enjoy.
It's a compact model that goes over both the nose and mouth. I was told this was the type I required. Yesterday I put everything back into its carrying case. I'm done struggling with it.
 
A buddy of mine got his machine adjusted to a lower pressure following a heart attack, and the decision was made using this study: https://www.cuimc.columbia.edu/news/why-doesnt-cpap-reduce-heart-disease

What that research indicates, in short, is that pushing a lot of air (based on this study, anyway) does not deliver the heart-related benefits that people on CPAP have been told to expect. You should still use it, only with a reduced setting, which brings down inflammation markers.

With that being said, I have known this guy for a long time, and even before he put on any weight he snored really loudly. Prior to the weight coming off, though, he had begun snoring even while he was awake and just chilling on the couch watching TV. He is only in his mid 40’s.
 
Yes! My starting weight was 328lbs. Only 3 weeks in, when I had lost just 12lbs, my wife noticed I was no longer snoring or pausing my breathing. The boost in morning energy, mental sharpness, and overall mood was incredible. Now at 8 weeks and 22lbs lighter, my smart watch tracks sleep apnea and has verified it. The point at which apnea resolves varies from person to person. For me, it happened just under my starting weight. For you, it might require losing a bit more, but don't give up...it's worth it!!
 
I really want to be done with mine!!! At night my mouth keeps getting dry. Raising the humidity causes water to collect in my hose, which then makes noise. These days I wake up more often than I used to. I would love some way to check whether my episodes are improving, but from what I can tell my app only shows the past 3 months—unless I'm missing something.
 
I’m nearly at the point where I can give it up. The pressure on my APAP has been lowered until it reached 4 cm, and my sleep has improved more than it has in a long time. What stands out is that I still have 25 lbs to go before I reach the weight I was at when my OSA first appeared. That might suggest that, at least for me, tirz is bringing about improvement beyond what the weight loss alone would explain.
 
My CPAP has been a fixture of my nights for what seems like forever. By now it's simply one of the steps I go through before bed. Switching it on is the very last thing I do prior to falling asleep. Within 5 minutes I'm out cold. Even so, I'd really like to find out whether a repeat sleep study could mean I no longer need the machine. My suspicion is that obstructive sleep apnea isn't the whole story for me, though. Every so often during the day, while I'm awake, I catch myself gasping.
 
A head cold hit me on Monday. When I'm sick and congested, that's when my CPAP helps me the most. Once I strap it on, I sleep straight through the night.
 
X3rocks said:

308fan said:

308fan said:

X3rocks said:

I was given a cpap roughly 1 month back. It is a genuine pia. At times it feels like I am a hound dog in the back of a truck, since so much air gets pushed through the mask. Lol, I am waiting for a doc app to hear how im doing.

If dropping weight can help me get rid of it, I should push myself a bit harder.
Isn't there an auto mode on your CPAP that lets it adjust on its own?
I rely on the auto mode, and it performs great in my case.
Around 12 at night I ripped the mask off and flung it over the room. The tube had me all knotted up. If I don't tighten the straps really hard, it won't stop leaking. And then my nose itches like crazy. So off it comes, I scratch, and I'm back at square one.

This is driving me up the wall, and on top of that my wife gives me a look that says

“uhm no”.🤷‍♂️😂
That's hilarious 😂
 
Yep, that happened for me. Around 6 months into dropping weight on Tirz, I managed to stop using it. The pressure on the machine kept getting lowered, I saw that happening, and in the end I simply shut it off altogether. To be sure, I ran a fast at-home sleep study. Snoring also went away once I'd lost roughly 40lbs (right now I'm down about 90lbs).
 
I've had a cpap since 2020. Over the past 6 months, my mouth has been drying out, and now it seems like my mouth is making farting noises because air is being forced out through my lips.....WTF! I got a different machine, but things haven't improved. I even tried a mask that covered my mouth too, and there was still a shit ton of air leakage. I am so done with this. I'm also considering another sleep study so I can get rid of it.
 
Everyone, please be careful. My own weight went down by 16Kg (the 16 came without peptides; then 6Kg came back, and Tirz took those off again over 2 months). I got rid of my CPAP. I was glad about it, until I checked my blood pressure. It had gone up to 130 / 90, whereas with CPAP it used to be 120 / 80. So I went back on CPAP, and my blood pressure began coming down once more.

Always verify, and then verify again!
 
Back
Top