Anyone here dealing with a hip labral tear?

RubbaDubba1

Explorer
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
I went for a follow-up X-ray on my left hip, since the last one was 1 1/2 years ago. This hip has been giving me a lot of trouble, and the imaging only shows moderate arthritis. The Dr wasn't happy with how I move or how strong I am, and he convinced me to get an MRI, which he ordered. He's quite worried that I have a Labral tear. In a couple weeks I'm set to get a Cortisone shot. I'd rather not, but I need to take this pain down a notch. Nsaids are off the table for me, though I do have some pain killers, and because of my neck I'm already on most of the popular peptides right meow. Has anyone else had one of these, and either gone the surgery route or just lived with it for a period of time?
 
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.

On my side, there's a labral tear in my shoulder that's fairly severe, along with a few other problems. Surgery hasn't been part of my path so far, and the things that have given me relief are ozone therapy given as local injections, plus extremely painful massage work aimed at releasing muscle spasms and fascia. My shoulder has popped out of place many times, and I've collected plenty of other injuries too.

After all these years, I've made the decision to go ahead with surgery, because I want to be able to play with my kids and work out without holding back or worrying. That's even though post traumatic arthritis is already present.

Had that last injury never happened, chances are I would never go through with the surgery.

Cortisone is something I'd steer clear of, since it tends to make things worse. Consider prp, stem cells, ozone, higher doses, maybe peps???

That said, if the tear is dislocated, then I believe surgery is the only real answer.

Sorry there's nothing more I can offer to help you.

Hope you feel better soon!
 
Slaine said:

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.

On my side, there's a labral tear in my shoulder that's fairly severe, along with a few other problems. Surgery hasn't been part of my path so far, and the things that have given me relief are ozone therapy given as local injections, plus extremely painful massage work aimed at releasing muscle spasms and fascia. My shoulder has popped out of place many times, and I've collected plenty of other injuries too.

After all these years, I've made the decision to go ahead with surgery, because I want to be able to play with my kids and work out without holding back or worrying. That's even though post traumatic arthritis is already present.

Had that last injury never happened, chances are I would never go through with the surgery.

Cortisone is something I'd steer clear of, since it tends to make things worse. Consider prp, stem cells, ozone, higher doses, maybe peps???

That said, if the tear is dislocated, then I believe surgery is the only real answer.

Sorry there's nothing more I can offer to help you.

Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks, I appreciate the support. Sounds like we've got a few things in common — my right shoulder was repaired back in March. The procedure included a Bicep Tenodesis, a labral tear repair, and 3 tears in my Rotator Cuff, plus he scraped away so much Arthritis that a small piece of my collar bone is literally gone, followed by 14 weeks of physical therapy. My left shoulder needs the same work done; on MRI it's actually worse and it hurts more. The right one had to be fixed first, though, because of the bicep. Hopefully I'll get the other shoulder repaired the 1st of next year. So I feel your pain, my friend.

About 4 weeks ago I actually had a PRP treatment on my neck. They treated my C2 through T1, plus 7 Trigger points in my upper traps, and did a Nerve Hydrodissection on my Occipatal nerves for the headache I've had since March. The headaches stopped around 2 weeks ago, and the trigger point spasms (40-50 a day) quit after about a week. Neck pain is still there, but movement/functionality has improved — though I'd guess that's mostly the physical therapy. I began the peps and supplements roughly a week after the procedure. This is my 1st PRP or any kind of regenerative procedure, and I need to see whether it works before considering another one. My neck was the most pressing need (I've got plenty), and the labral tear in the hip is just the newest issue — if it is torn, I'll need that MRI to know.

Peptides only do so much for me; I take a lot of Rx pills and supplements, 50+ a day. Here in the states I Gotta play the insurance game, and I'm lucky my insurance is good and reasonably priced. The 1st or 2nd cortisone shot doesn't bother me, but at this point I believe I don't want a lot of them, unless the plan is to have something surgically repaired. If the PRP works, I'll get other stuff done, but that's going to cost another small fortune I don't have. I don't mind if I hurt, but I don't wanna live in pain, and I keep getting worse and it's getting difficult to make a living.

Hope things get better for you too!
 
Thank you.

Looks like there's a fair amount we share (for me it's shoulders, neck, back, knees, ankle 😅).

Ozone is helpful in a number of ways, including:

  • inflammation
  • helps with autoimmune
  • helps with arthritis
  • makes better blood flow in the area
  • helps mitochondria work better
  • targets cancer capsule etc

Miracles aren't on the table, but it could be of some help to you. If it does nothing, that's the worst that happens — there are no side effects.

How did the doc describe your recovery? What are you supposed to expect?
 
Back
Top