Anyone have suggestions for dysautonomia support?

IAmAMeatPopsicle

Explorer
Joined
Jun 18, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Wichita, KS
Does anyone have suggestions for things that could help with dysautonomia? The specific issue for me is regulating my temperature: I can experience a hypothermia episode when temperatures are under 83⁰. It probably goes without saying that most of my friends skip stopping by my 'hot house'.😆 What matters more, though, is that I don’t want my body temperature falling under 96.0⁰ just for amusement. Thanks in advance!
 
Dysautonomia is a broad umbrella phrase covering many conditions in which the autonomic nervous system stops working properly. Because of that, I’ll limit myself to one assumption: that being too cold is something you deal with often.

Should this reply feel too basic for a topic that wide, I’m sorry in advance.

On here, feeling chilled or overly cold gets brought up regularly. Try the search bar with terms like chilly or chills, and you should find those threads.

For now, one thing that has helped certain people is heat pads.

Microwaveable flax heat packs can be DIY’d from fresh pairs of long cotton socks.

Put flax seeds in them. Those seeds have oil, so the packs keep holding a "moist" warmth. Sewing the ends shut securely is ideal, though tying also works.

Use 30-second intervals in the microwave so they don’t scorch and so you can reach the temp you like. They can be reused across weeks.

Create three or four and drape them over yourself. This really works!



Image unavailable



Homemade Heating Pad



Homemade Heating Pad: Build your own heating pad at home within two minutes! My neck frequently becomes strained from staring at a computer screen over many hours. A couple weeks back, the strain got so bad that I had to stay home from work for a couple of days. Jason provided the idea to…

Image unavailable


www.instructables.com
 
My dysautonomia came from drowning when I was 4. They brought me back, but the anoxic brain damage I was left with is something whose full extent and consequences I am still uncovering now. Thank you very much for the suggestions — I'll check out the flax seed heating pad. 👍
 
Back
Top