When I brought up my problem with 3 different doctors, every one of them told me they were only familiar with plain ferrous sulfate — nothing else. The way they looked at me, you'd think I was from another planet for choosing a different option. A hematologist among them even insisted that no pills besides the 65 mg variety were on the market. They're also aware that I take a PPI, which, from what I understand, reduces how well ferrous sulfate gets absorbed!Just A Cat said:
Before you settle on an iron pill, talk it over with your doctor. A lot of doctors still recommend the older types of iron supplements, and those don't get absorbed very well.
Ferrochel is available without a prescription, but I'd still bring it up directly with your doctor — spell the name out if they don't recognize it right away — and ask them to look into it and follow up with you.
To be clear: I'm not selling anything and I don't profit from Ferrochel in any way. It's simply a far superior form of iron.
After a year on ferrous sulfate left my ferritin lower than it was at the start, I went looking on my own and came across Ferrochel/ferrous bisglycinate.