Anyone else still unsure their success will last?

The thing that gives me confidence is what I can see for myself. Since 2022 I've stayed at goal weight. At 61 years old, I've never gone this long holding onto a weight loss without it feeling like a fight.

Every earlier attempt where I got to goal, or near it, slipped away afterward. The pounds crept back on, ounce by ounce. Weight stability has never been something I've had. My whole life was either restricting or watching the scale climb while I fought against it.

That hasn't been the case for 4 years now. These peptides are staying in my routine for the rest of my life. They'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands.
 
If I'm lucky, I've got around 20 years ahead of me...spending them carrying extra weight (which would surely cut those years shorter too) and sitting still is not what I want.

So yeah, having cycled through weight loss and regain for decades, that worry lingers...I was aware even after weight loss surgery that the pounds could creep back on.

With GLPs and a few other peptide routines, I finally feel genuine optimism that I can keep this up long term
 
Delphyne said:

I haven't reached my goal weight, though I've already dropped a significant amount of weight - once more?

Like plenty of others here can probably understand, I've tried countless diets before, shed some pounds, put every bit back on, along with the guilt and self-blame.

What convinces you that this time it will be lasting and permanent as long as you keep taking the medication?
Before I ever began taking the medication, I was already working on solid routines. Seeing results, though, is what fuels my motivation and enthusiasm. Will this last indefinitely? That's my hope, yet at this point I'm simply putting my own needs higher up the list than I did in the past.
 
Back
Top