Anyone Else Stacking Oral Orforglipron on Top of Their Weekly GLP-1 Shot? Boom!

Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston
At first, my only reason for picking up orforglipron was to have it on hand when traveling, in case my weekly injection wasn't an option. Then over the July 4th holiday, I figured I'd add it for a few days while continuing my injection...what I found was that the drop in appetite and the calming of nervous tics was clearly more pronounced than what the injection gives me by itself. And it didn't stop on the day I swallowed the tablet — the effect appeared to roll into the following day, as though I'd gained another layer of control. Layering in cardio plus a bit of resistance training made a difference as well. This wasn't merely food noise fading; it felt like going back to square one with a GLP-1, complete with a wave of calm.

Think about the mechanism behind orforglipron (Orf). Injectable GLP-1s are peptide drugs that copy the body's own GLP-1 hormone, but orf is a small molecule that latches onto a separate region of the GLP-1 receptor....so could the 2 drugs be activating the receptor(s) simultaneously rather than fighting over the identical binding site?

Whether that's really going on, I can't say, and as far as I know no study has confirmed it yet. It's simply a hypothesis that lines up with my own results.

So far, using orf here and there on an 'a-la-carte' basis has given me a clear increase in appetite suppression that hung around longer than I'd anticipated. My initial purchase of 100 tabs was strictly for travel emergencies, but at this point I want to understand what's going on.

Here's a bit of NIH science, courtesy of perplexity:





b9a39ef6cdead94c3051475de4806de2eb813f1c796fb689d35927bef001e8e1.webp



https://www.perplexity.ai/search/2d43028f-4fa7-454f-b265-538f52f6f013#1
 
Interesting — everything I'd read from people trying the pill said they found them to be duds. That's the first success story I've come across. 👍
 
spanky2026 said:

Interesting — everything I'd read from people trying the pill said they found them to be duds. That's the first success story I've come across. 👍
Since 2024 I've been on Semaglutide and it's worked really well for me....whether it's simply that more GLP-1 is circulating in my body, or that those 'other' receptors are being activated, I can't say. This topic interests me a lot too (or god--maybe what's in the bottle isn't orf at all but Fen-phen plus a benzo or something😵‍💫)
 
UpDownLeftRightAS* said:

At first, my only reason for picking up orforglipron was to have it on hand when traveling, in case my weekly injection wasn't an option. Then over the July 4th holiday, I figured I'd add it for a few days while continuing my injection...what I found was that the drop in appetite and the calming of nervous tics was clearly more pronounced than what the injection gives me by itself. And it didn't stop on the day I swallowed the tablet — the effect appeared to roll into the following day, as though I'd gained another layer of control. Layering in cardio plus a bit of resistance training made a difference as well. This wasn't merely food noise fading; it felt like going back to square one with a GLP-1, complete with a wave of calm.

Think about the mechanism behind orforglipron (Orf). Injectable GLP-1s are peptide drugs that copy the body's own GLP-1 hormone, but orf is a small molecule that latches onto a separate region of the GLP-1 receptor....so could the 2 drugs be activating the receptor(s) simultaneously rather than fighting over the identical binding site?

Whether that's really going on, I can't say, and as far as I know no study has confirmed it yet. It's simply a hypothesis that lines up with my own results.

So far, using orf here and there on an 'a-la-carte' basis has given me a clear increase in appetite suppression that hung around longer than I'd anticipated. My initial purchase of 100 tabs was strictly for travel emergencies, but at this point I want to understand what's going on.

Here's a bit of NIH science, courtesy of perplexity:





View attachment 10745


https://www.perplexity.ai/search/2d43028f-4fa7-454f-b265-538f52f6f013#1
There's more potent cAMP recruitment. This mirrors what happens with MK677 at the GHSR—minimal desensitization, and it's likely among the most powerful when stacked against peptide secretagogues (GHRP2/6, hexarelin, etc.)
 
How many mg per pill? Everything I've seen comes as 6mg or 10mg, which is well above the smaller doses you get in the branded version
 
stoked12 said:

UpDownLeftRightAS* said:

At first, my only reason for picking up orforglipron was to have it on hand when traveling, in case my weekly injection wasn't an option. Then over the July 4th holiday, I figured I'd add it for a few days while continuing my injection...what I found was that the drop in appetite and the calming of nervous tics was clearly more pronounced than what the injection gives me by itself. And it didn't stop on the day I swallowed the tablet — the effect appeared to roll into the following day, as though I'd gained another layer of control. Layering in cardio plus a bit of resistance training made a difference as well. This wasn't merely food noise fading; it felt like going back to square one with a GLP-1, complete with a wave of calm.

Think about the mechanism behind orforglipron (Orf). Injectable GLP-1s are peptide drugs that copy the body's own GLP-1 hormone, but orf is a small molecule that latches onto a separate region of the GLP-1 receptor....so could the 2 drugs be activating the receptor(s) simultaneously rather than fighting over the identical binding site?

Whether that's really going on, I can't say, and as far as I know no study has confirmed it yet. It's simply a hypothesis that lines up with my own results.

So far, using orf here and there on an 'a-la-carte' basis has given me a clear increase in appetite suppression that hung around longer than I'd anticipated. My initial purchase of 100 tabs was strictly for travel emergencies, but at this point I want to understand what's going on.

Here's a bit of NIH science, courtesy of perplexity:





View attachment 10745


https://www.perplexity.ai/search/2d43028f-4fa7-454f-b265-538f52f6f013#1
There's more potent cAMP recruitment. This mirrors what happens with MK677 at the GHSR—minimal desensitization, and it's likely among the most powerful when stacked against peptide secretagogues (GHRP2/6, hexarelin, etc.)
That's really intriguing!
 
Back
Top