Anyone else curious about what long-term GLP-1 use looks like?

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For the first 7 months, when I was still in active weight-loss mode, I kept my diet very clean and strict. By month 7 I reached my target, having dropped 62lb/27%

That was more than a year back, in April of 2025.

At this point I've been on Tirz for roughly 23 months, and I eat whatever I want whenever I want, though I've noticed I eat much less. Food doesn't occupy my mind the same way either; think of how people describe an animal as "food motivated". The obsession with food is gone, but I still take pleasure in eating.

The side effects have disappeared too, no tiredness or constipation; that said, a very heavy meal will make me feel it later.

Right now I'm on 15mg and have stayed at that dose for 47 weeks. My weight has fluctuated by around 1lb, and I quit tracking calories more than 1 year ago.
Interesting. Reta. I reached my goal and will go down to 6mg from the 10mg I began with; before that, 9mg for 4 weeks. How do you stay maintained at 15mg? I realize you're using Tirz. I've come across varying accounts regarding maintenance—lower the dose, keep the dose the same.

A handful of people have mentioned they kept dropping weight and had to tweak things because of it, so it's hard to say exactly why my situation has been flatter. I did keep losing while I stayed at 12.5mg — another 4lbs — but that's also when I began TRT. I've kept my TRT quite conservative, aiming only for the lowest dose that gave symptom relief. Sadly I went too far and ended up at levels of 1000 with Z at 2.4.

I think that assisted with recomp, and maybe together with resistance it added a few pounds. I've since lowered to 840 and 1.7 Z.

Also, I was "SUPER" strict during the weight loss phase and now I'm off the rails.. I don't eat too much, but I definitely treat myself.

Bottom line, I've come across info that high dose Tirz could be helpful for inflammation and other valuable benefits.

Honestly, I'll stay at 15 as long as I'm not losing and only change if necessary.

bamagirl26 said:

Skidude said:

BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For the first 7 months, when I was still in active weight-loss mode, I kept my diet very clean and strict. By month 7 I reached my target, having dropped 62lb/27%

That was more than a year back, in April of 2025.

At this point I've been on Tirz for roughly 23 months, and I eat whatever I want whenever I want, though I've noticed I eat much less. Food doesn't occupy my mind the same way either; think of how people describe an animal as "food motivated". The obsession with food is gone, but I still take pleasure in eating.

The side effects have disappeared too, no tiredness or constipation; that said, a very heavy meal will make me feel it later.

Right now I'm on 15mg and have stayed at that dose for 47 weeks. My weight has fluctuated by around 1lb, and I quit tracking calories more than 1 year ago.
That's amazing!!! What's your skiing like now? I'd guess this past winter felt completely different for you carrying so much less weight. Nice work
😛

It's a Nickname, lol, I've only seen snow a handful of times.

But summer at the lake is nicer now that I don't sweat as easily in the Texas heat!
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For the first 7 months, when I was still in active weight-loss mode, I kept my diet very clean and strict. By month 7 I reached my target, having dropped 62lb/27%

That was more than a year back, in April of 2025.

At this point I've been on Tirz for roughly 23 months, and I eat whatever I want whenever I want, though I've noticed I eat much less. Food doesn't occupy my mind the same way either; think of how people describe an animal as "food motivated". The obsession with food is gone, but I still take pleasure in eating.

The side effects have disappeared too, no tiredness or constipation; that said, a very heavy meal will make me feel it later.

Right now I'm on 15mg and have stayed at that dose for 47 weeks. My weight has fluctuated by around 1lb, and I quit tracking calories more than 1 year ago.
Interesting. Reta. I reached my goal and will go down to 6mg from the 10mg I began with; before that, 9mg for 4 weeks. How do you stay maintained at 15mg? I realize you're using Tirz. I've come across varying accounts regarding maintenance—lower the dose, keep the dose the same.

A handful of people have mentioned they kept dropping weight and had to tweak things because of it, so it's hard to say exactly why my situation has been flatter. I did keep losing while I stayed at 12.5mg — another 4lbs — but that's also when I began TRT. I've kept my TRT quite conservative, aiming only for the lowest dose that gave symptom relief. Sadly I went too far and ended up at levels of 1000 with Z at 2.4.

I think that assisted with recomp, and maybe together with resistance it added a few pounds. I've since lowered to 840 and 1.7 Z.

Also, I was "SUPER" strict during the weight loss phase and now I'm off the rails.. I don't eat too much, but I definitely treat myself.

Bottom line, I've come across info that high dose Tirz could be helpful for inflammation and other valuable benefits.

Honestly, I'll stay at 15 as long as I'm not losing and only change if necessary.

bamagirl26 said:

Skidude said:

BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For the first 7 months, when I was still in active weight-loss mode, I kept my diet very clean and strict. By month 7 I reached my target, having dropped 62lb/27%

That was more than a year back, in April of 2025.

At this point I've been on Tirz for roughly 23 months, and I eat whatever I want whenever I want, though I've noticed I eat much less. Food doesn't occupy my mind the same way either; think of how people describe an animal as "food motivated". The obsession with food is gone, but I still take pleasure in eating.

The side effects have disappeared too, no tiredness or constipation; that said, a very heavy meal will make me feel it later.

Right now I'm on 15mg and have stayed at that dose for 47 weeks. My weight has fluctuated by around 1lb, and I quit tracking calories more than 1 year ago.
That's amazing!!! What's your skiing like now? I'd guess this past winter felt completely different for you carrying so much less weight. Nice work
😛

It's a Nickname, lol, I've only seen snow a handful of times.

But summer at the lake is nicer now that I don't sweat as easily in the Texas heat!
Appreciate it — I've got some lighter weights sitting at home that I should finally put to use. There's also a urologist visit I need to schedule regarding a couple of issues, and TRT was something I intended to ask about. My oldest keeps pushing me to start it, and naturally he's in a position to supply it since he's already using it himself. I'll simply tinker with the Reta dosage and the scale. That stubborn belly fat is still hanging around, but I'm not trying to drop weight — even though that is weight.
 
BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For the first 7 months, when I was still in active weight-loss mode, I kept my diet very clean and strict. By month 7 I reached my target, having dropped 62lb/27%

That was more than a year back, in April of 2025.

At this point I've been on Tirz for roughly 23 months, and I eat whatever I want whenever I want, though I've noticed I eat much less. Food doesn't occupy my mind the same way either; think of how people describe an animal as "food motivated". The obsession with food is gone, but I still take pleasure in eating.

The side effects have disappeared too, no tiredness or constipation; that said, a very heavy meal will make me feel it later.

Right now I'm on 15mg and have stayed at that dose for 47 weeks. My weight has fluctuated by around 1lb, and I quit tracking calories more than 1 year ago.
Interesting. Reta. I reached my goal and will go down to 6mg from the 10mg I began with; before that, 9mg for 4 weeks. How do you stay maintained at 15mg? I realize you're using Tirz. I've come across varying accounts regarding maintenance—lower the dose, keep the dose the same.

A handful of people have mentioned they kept dropping weight and had to tweak things because of it, so it's hard to say exactly why my situation has been flatter. I did keep losing while I stayed at 12.5mg — another 4lbs — but that's also when I began TRT. I've kept my TRT quite conservative, aiming only for the lowest dose that gave symptom relief. Sadly I went too far and ended up at levels of 1000 with Z at 2.4.

I think that assisted with recomp, and maybe together with resistance it added a few pounds. I've since lowered to 840 and 1.7 Z.

Also, I was "SUPER" strict during the weight loss phase and now I'm off the rails.. I don't eat too much, but I definitely treat myself.

Bottom line, I've come across info that high dose Tirz could be helpful for inflammation and other valuable benefits.

Honestly, I'll stay at 15 as long as I'm not losing and only change if necessary.

bamagirl26 said:

Skidude said:

BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For the first 7 months, when I was still in active weight-loss mode, I kept my diet very clean and strict. By month 7 I reached my target, having dropped 62lb/27%

That was more than a year back, in April of 2025.

At this point I've been on Tirz for roughly 23 months, and I eat whatever I want whenever I want, though I've noticed I eat much less. Food doesn't occupy my mind the same way either; think of how people describe an animal as "food motivated". The obsession with food is gone, but I still take pleasure in eating.

The side effects have disappeared too, no tiredness or constipation; that said, a very heavy meal will make me feel it later.

Right now I'm on 15mg and have stayed at that dose for 47 weeks. My weight has fluctuated by around 1lb, and I quit tracking calories more than 1 year ago.
That's amazing!!! What's your skiing like now? I'd guess this past winter felt completely different for you carrying so much less weight. Nice work
😛

It's a Nickname, lol, I've only seen snow a handful of times.

But summer at the lake is nicer now that I don't sweat as easily in the Texas heat!
Appreciate it — I've got some lighter weights sitting at home that I should finally put to use. There's also a urologist visit I need to schedule regarding a couple of issues, and TRT was something I intended to ask about. My oldest keeps pushing me to start it, and naturally he's in a position to supply it since he's already using it himself. I'll simply tinker with the Reta dosage and the scale. That stubborn belly fat is still hanging around, but I'm not trying to drop weight — even though that is weight.
I worried that my metabolism might slow down, so I incorporated resistance training and made sure I got enough protein. Since I'm not young anymore, I wanted to approach it the right way.

Avoiding injury was a priority, so I keep the weights light and stick to machines rather than free weights. I have a small home setup and generally work with about 60lbs.
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For the first 7 months, when I was still in active weight-loss mode, I kept my diet very clean and strict. By month 7 I reached my target, having dropped 62lb/27%

That was more than a year back, in April of 2025.

At this point I've been on Tirz for roughly 23 months, and I eat whatever I want whenever I want, though I've noticed I eat much less. Food doesn't occupy my mind the same way either; think of how people describe an animal as "food motivated". The obsession with food is gone, but I still take pleasure in eating.

The side effects have disappeared too, no tiredness or constipation; that said, a very heavy meal will make me feel it later.

Right now I'm on 15mg and have stayed at that dose for 47 weeks. My weight has fluctuated by around 1lb, and I quit tracking calories more than 1 year ago.
Interesting. Reta. I reached my goal and will go down to 6mg from the 10mg I began with; before that, 9mg for 4 weeks. How do you stay maintained at 15mg? I realize you're using Tirz. I've come across varying accounts regarding maintenance—lower the dose, keep the dose the same.

A handful of people have mentioned they kept dropping weight and had to tweak things because of it, so it's hard to say exactly why my situation has been flatter. I did keep losing while I stayed at 12.5mg — another 4lbs — but that's also when I began TRT. I've kept my TRT quite conservative, aiming only for the lowest dose that gave symptom relief. Sadly I went too far and ended up at levels of 1000 with Z at 2.4.

I think that assisted with recomp, and maybe together with resistance it added a few pounds. I've since lowered to 840 and 1.7 Z.

Also, I was "SUPER" strict during the weight loss phase and now I'm off the rails.. I don't eat too much, but I definitely treat myself.

Bottom line, I've come across info that high dose Tirz could be helpful for inflammation and other valuable benefits.

Honestly, I'll stay at 15 as long as I'm not losing and only change if necessary.

bamagirl26 said:

Skidude said:

BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For the first 7 months, when I was still in active weight-loss mode, I kept my diet very clean and strict. By month 7 I reached my target, having dropped 62lb/27%

That was more than a year back, in April of 2025.

At this point I've been on Tirz for roughly 23 months, and I eat whatever I want whenever I want, though I've noticed I eat much less. Food doesn't occupy my mind the same way either; think of how people describe an animal as "food motivated". The obsession with food is gone, but I still take pleasure in eating.

The side effects have disappeared too, no tiredness or constipation; that said, a very heavy meal will make me feel it later.

Right now I'm on 15mg and have stayed at that dose for 47 weeks. My weight has fluctuated by around 1lb, and I quit tracking calories more than 1 year ago.
That's amazing!!! What's your skiing like now? I'd guess this past winter felt completely different for you carrying so much less weight. Nice work
😛

It's a Nickname, lol, I've only seen snow a handful of times.

But summer at the lake is nicer now that I don't sweat as easily in the Texas heat!
Appreciate it — I've got some lighter weights sitting at home that I should finally put to use. There's also a urologist visit I need to schedule regarding a couple of issues, and TRT was something I intended to ask about. My oldest keeps pushing me to start it, and naturally he's in a position to supply it since he's already using it himself. I'll simply tinker with the Reta dosage and the scale. That stubborn belly fat is still hanging around, but I'm not trying to drop weight — even though that is weight.
I worried that my metabolism might slow down, so I incorporated resistance training and made sure I got enough protein. Since I'm not young anymore, I wanted to approach it the right way.

Avoiding injury was a priority, so I keep the weights light and stick to machines rather than free weights. I have a small home setup and generally work with about 60lbs.
You probably know whether I am or not — I can't tell. I'd forgotten that a resistance band is still attached to the handle of a sliding door, plus a few that were given to me for at-home rehab following my shoulder replacement. There are also some 10lb dumbbells that have been sitting around here for quite a while.
 
BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
Wow!!! This coming August marks 3 years on Ozempic for me. I hadn't realized so much time had passed. Like they say, "time flies when you're having fun!!"

All told, I'm down roughly 70 lbs, and I've stayed at my goal weight for over 6 mos now.

I stayed on Ozempic until my insurance stopped covering it roughly 1.5 years back. At that point I'd stalled out, had lost 30 lbs, and managed to kick nicotine for good.

Once coverage ended, I put 20 lbs back on fast. That's when I found Tirzepatide. I simply kept raising the dose until I reached my goal weight. At goal, I was taking 20mg every 5 days.

For upkeep, I moved to 12mg every 7 days, then 10mg/7days, and now 8 mg/7 days. I've never dealt with any bad side effects. I've turned into a gym rat and I genuinely enjoy training. My metabolism is up and I have loads of energy. I eat a ton of mostly healthy food. About 95% of my inflammation pain is gone, along with bp meds and metformin.

Thursday is shot day and I still look forward to it. This drug completely changed my life for the better, so I still celebrate "shot day."

My hope is to keep using it for the rest of my life. If I ever get tired of lowering my stroke, heart attack and dementia risk, maybe I'd stop.
 
Appreciate all of you for posting your stories! Hearing about the variety of experiences is really nice. I'm hoping to hear more from people who've been using it for a long time.
 
BlueOctopus said:

Lately I’ve been going through a lot of GLP-1 stories, and the majority focus on the early months, the pounds lost, and the unwanted effects. What interests me more are those who’ve stuck with it for years.

Once you’re 1 or 2 years in, is it simply routine? Does it still feel like something you depend on, or has your whole connection with eating shifted for good?

I realize no 2 people have the same journey, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s been at this longer.
For me, this will be a lifetime commitment.
 
I began in May 2025. Down 55lbs — 29% of my body weight — and I'm cautiously in maintenance now.

My starting weight was 188, and I'm at 133lbs today. Everything my smart scale tracks looks fine, bone density included, though skeletal muscle took a clear hit. So now the goal is adding muscle while keeping weight gain minimal.

My protocol: 1.2mg tirz every 4 days, plus .8 mg Reta every 4 days, offset by 2 days.

I dialed the Reta down because a fresh vial hit me harder. It's probably overfilled compared to normal, so honestly I have no real idea what dose I'm actually injecting.

At this point I question what the Reta is even doing for me, since I'm not trying to shed more weight.

Still, after pinning it I seem to get more energy than I do from tirz.

Maybe I'll stay on this forever — who knows!
 
I'm closing in on 7 months of being on it, and it's still something I count on. Whenever a dose gets missed, my appetite keeps climbing and climbing — a feeling I both like and find unsettling.
 
Gwynhwyfar said:

I´ve been taking TIRZ for 2 years now, and I´ve dropped 36% of my body weight. After that, it quit working at 15mg a month. Starting in may, I´m gradually moving to RETA and Cagri, and I still want to lose another 50 lbs. My health has gotten much better (hashimoto, rheumatism, liver), and I intend to stay on it for my whole live, since I was obese for 48 years. I´m hoping new Peps will arrive with fewer sideeffects.
That's fantastic progress!
 
I began taking Reta in November 2023. Over 1.5 years I dropped 65 pounds, and my weight has held steady for over a year now. During the weight-loss phase I reached 12 mg; at present I take 10 mg weekly. Whenever I miss a dose or reduce it, hunger comes roaring back. The side effects I deal with are poor sleep, occasional rises in heart rate, and a dry mouth, particularly overnight.

I came across information that Eli LIly is running the Truimph 6 study on maintenance, comparing placebo with 4 mg, and reporting that those on placebo do regain weight. For me, Reta delivers a metabolic edge — it burns more calories at rest and keeps the furnace running. Prior to Reta, I starved, tried intermittent fasting, keto, juice, anything, and never shed any weight, only continued to gain. It was never about overeating or bad food choices. It came down to insulin resistance and genetics.

I recall a dinner with slim friends: everyone else ate bread and big carb-heavy portions, then dessert, while I had a salad with added protein, water, and no dessert — and I was still the heaviest person there. Reta literally saved my life. My wish is for a better GLP with fewer side effects for maintenance. Still, I have 8 years of Reta stockpiled. And I keep purchasing.... justified by how little I now spend on food. Ozempic and Tirz gave me terrible side effects, so for now I am wary of Elora. I miss good quality sleep...
 
My plan is to stay on it for 5 years and then come off, to find out whether fat memory resets. I realize there's a risk in quitting and restarting, though my dose is on the low side. Either I take 4.5mg and have a little trouble remaining under maintenance, or I take 5mg and have trouble getting in enough calories each day. Out of 38 weeks, I've spent 33 of them at 5mg, and I feel no reason to increase it. I hope this works for me, but if not, I'll go straight back on.
 
Back
Top