Antibacterial water versus sterile water: how they feel different

ScienceDriven

Explorer
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
In the past I was using sterile water, and I saw redness along with swelling at the site. Once I changed over to an antibacterial solution, though, those symptoms went away. Has anyone else had the same experience?
 
ScienceDriven said:

In the past I was using sterile water, and I saw redness along with swelling at the site. Once I changed over to an antibacterial solution, though, those symptoms went away. Has anyone else had the same experience?
When you say Bacteriostatic Water (BAC water), that product is made to be drawn from repeatedly, and it works to stop bacteria from growing and to reduce their presence in the solution across a period longer than 1 month.

If your sterile water was reused beyond a single use, then bacteria or endotoxin could have accumulated in it.

Sterile water intended for injection has to be used only 1 time, since it has no preservatives and no antimicrobial agents that would keep it from becoming contaminated once the container is opened.
 
Yeah, they give off a different vibe. With bac water I get a sense of security, but sterile water leaves me on edge. I'm on edge, just waiting to find out whether illness or an infection will hit me.
 
Back
Top