Ankylosing spondylitis: any help?

Goonwise

Explorer
Joined
Dec 31, 2025
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
I'm looking for assistance regarding ankylosing spondylitis. Does anyone know of peptides that could be beneficial for this condition? Also, are there grey market sellers for biologics similar to what exists for peptides now?
 
Biologic drugs prescribed for autoimmune conditions carry substantial—and at times serious—side effects, among them suppression of the immune system and the resulting higher chance of severe infections. Using them without a doctor's oversight and monitoring strikes me as quite risky, with genuine potential for fatal outcomes. As far as I know, Chinese peptide vendors do not stock them, and I'm fairly convinced that's for the best. On top of that, nearly all of these drugs are antibody-based, which makes their production far more difficult than that of peptides.

You'll probably hear contrasting opinions in other places, but solid human trial data showing that any peptide currently available eases inflammatory arthritis simply doesn't exist. Any research hinting at possible advantages comes from cell or animal work, and that tells us nothing definitive about human safety or effectiveness. Conventional medical treatments may be the only realistic path left for you.
 
Another person dealing with AS here. For fat loss plus a bit of an anti-inflammatory effect I use tirz/reta; I also stack Klow, glutathione, and low-dose HGH, along with a diet low in starch. Taken together, those things have brought me close to full freedom from flares and from the constant pain problems.

There is one boundary I will not step over, though: committing to biologics for the rest of my life unless there is no other choice. Those are heavy-duty treatments that can open the door to a whole range of additional problems....which then call for even more medications to manage.

Wishing you the best — AS is a bitch, but for decades I have battled it with a lot of exercise, diet, and supplements, and I have managed to stay off the usual pharmaceutical treadmill that most doctors push.
 
kesda said:

Another person dealing with AS here. For fat loss plus a bit of an anti-inflammatory effect I use tirz/reta; I also stack Klow, glutathione, and low-dose HGH, along with a diet low in starch. Taken together, those things have brought me close to full freedom from flares and from the constant pain problems.

There is one boundary I will not step over, though: committing to biologics for the rest of my life unless there is no other choice. Those are heavy-duty treatments that can open the door to a whole range of additional problems....which then call for even more medications to manage.

Wishing you the best — AS is a bitch, but for decades I have battled it with a lot of exercise, diet, and supplements, and I have managed to stay off the usual pharmaceutical treadmill that most doctors push.
Thanks. My guess is that KLOW is something I ought to start. What benefits come from glutathione and HGH?
 
lessthanhalf said:

Biologic drugs prescribed for autoimmune conditions carry substantial—and at times serious—side effects, among them suppression of the immune system and the resulting higher chance of severe infections. Using them without a doctor's oversight and monitoring strikes me as quite risky, with genuine potential for fatal outcomes. As far as I know, Chinese peptide vendors do not stock them, and I'm fairly convinced that's for the best. On top of that, nearly all of these drugs are antibody-based, which makes their production far more difficult than that of peptides.

You'll probably hear contrasting opinions in other places, but solid human trial data showing that any peptide currently available eases inflammatory arthritis simply doesn't exist. Any research hinting at possible advantages comes from cell or animal work, and that tells us nothing definitive about human safety or effectiveness. Conventional medical treatments may be the only realistic path left for you.
That's reasonable, and it checks out.
 
Count me in as another person dealing with AS. My diagnosis came several years back, and for a stretch the back pain was beyond anything I could tolerate. For roughly 2 years I kept refusing biologics and went through every natural route I could find (anti-inflammatory diets, stretching, juicing, supplements), but none of it made a difference. Eventually the pain became so severe that getting out of bed was nearly impossible... so I stopped resisting and started biologics. At that point my cRP was 80 (normal range is between 0-8). For me it was like magic - the first shot brought relief. A few months down the line, the pain was gone and my blood markers began dropping. By the 1-year mark my cRP had fallen to 2.

Even with that success, I could not accept the idea of being on biologics for life and facing all the possible side effects. About 6 months ago I began digging into peptides and right now I am looking at BPC, TB, KPV, and TA-1. So far it is looking promising.

Good luck, it is a terrible condition that is not well known... I hear you.
 
Another person dealing with AS here. My diagnosis came 6 years back, and I take 150mg of cosentyx every month. For me, weight is the number 1 factor — back when I carried more, the drug's effect wore off by around day 21. Once I dropped some weight, the pain stayed away past 28 days.

A few things gave me minor relief: Vitamin D+K2, L-Glutamine powder, and premium probiotics (Vivomixx), plus Psyllium Husk Powder/PHGG (Sunfiber). Nearly all of these tie into gut health, which has a strong connection to AS.

I went through every option imaginable, but none worked in my case: Meriva curcumin, Corebiome Tributyrin, a gluten free diet, the carnivore diet, and countless other supplements I no longer recall.

There is 1 route I have not attempted, suggested by my doctor: adopting a strict Vegan diet permanently, or at minimum giving it a try for no less than 1 year. According to him, that's the path to becoming completely biologics free. I simply cannot manage it. I hope this is useful to you.
 
For osteoarthritis, GLP peptides have fairly strong supporting data, and that benefit isn't purely a matter of losing weight. It seems plausible that the modest drop in systemic inflammation caused by GLP drugs might also benefit AS; I haven't come across any dedicated studies on that, but carrying less weight as a result would very likely reduce load on at least the weight-bearing joints and ease pain.

P.E.A. stands out as one of the rare supplements backed by quite robust evidence from numerous human clinical trials: it lowers pain, particularly chronic pain across multiple categories, has gentle anti-inflammatory effects, and strangely has no documented adverse effects. What's more, the pain relief keeps building over months of use. Where you purchase it matters a great deal, since almost every version sold on amazon US is extremely questionable and contains far less than labeled. A bottle I once bought claimed 1400mg, yet the tablets themselves weighed only 300mg.
 
PsA and AS overlap so much. My dx is PsA, yet sacriolitis came up on my MRI, and the bulk of what I feel fits AS. For insurance reasons, my rheumatologist moved my dx from NR-axspa over to PsA.

Whether you've got a dx and simply can't cover the meds, I'm not sure. Right now I have no ins, so I depend on the amgen safety net foundation to supply my medication at no cost for a year.

As for those who'd rather avoid biologics, that's up to them. Still, biologics are the only proven methods to stop or greatly show the disease. My own reason for using biologics: nothing else, diet changes included, kept me from becoming physically disabled.

KPV directly regulates the cytokines involved in this disease. You might find help there. Some is on the way to me now, and I plan to try it to finish of the inflammation Enbrel didn't. But to be sure, Enbrel changed my life entirely.
 
Goonwise said:

I'm looking for assistance regarding ankylosing spondylitis. Does anyone know of peptides that could be beneficial for this condition? Also, are there grey market sellers for biologics similar to what exists for peptides now?
My relative is dealing with this condition too. I'm going to share this thread with him. It's my hope that more individuals facing similar situations come across it and find some encouragement.
 
Back
Top