"And doggone it, people like me"

byefatlicia

Explorer
Joined
Jun 14, 2025
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Something I've picked up on as my health has improved: the way others interact with me has shifted. I work in sales, and honestly, I'm closing deals at a better rate now that I appear healthier. Maybe my increased confidence plays into it. Still, I'd bet it has more to do with my improved appearance...





3b898ebd3e47a8a9167ca6d4910084968ec9463588a6cd23287260cd56899829.webp
 
byefatlicia said:

Something I've picked up on as my health has improved: the way others interact with me has shifted. I work in sales, and honestly, I'm closing deals at a better rate now that I appear healthier. Maybe my increased confidence plays into it. Still, I'd bet it has more to do with my improved appearance...





View attachment 11224
The same thing is happening to me, and honestly, it doesn't shock me at all — though I have to admit it makes me a bit sad.
 
First impressions happen fast—that's simply how people are wired. Appearance can get a foot in the door, yet it's your character that makes someone stay. And truthfully, when you feel better physically, your confidence likely rises, and that's the thing that actually gets deals signed.
 
70 lbs gone. Yoga, intense sessions, every other day. At my age — mid 50s — I'm beginning to get a bit of that "chiseled" look.

Over the past few months, more than once, women around my own age have given me a smile while I'm just wandering through stores. That never happened before.

Before, I simply wasn't seen. Now, whether it's women or men, folks strike up conversations with me in line.

It's rather pleasant — and I have zero plans to stop the glp-1s!
 
Same here, and if I'm honest it unsettles me a bit — being invisible felt like the safer place to be.
 
ambot88 said:

Same here, and if I'm honest it unsettles me a bit — being invisible felt like the safer place to be.
I hear you. Socially speaking, it's simpler. Still, when your work life starts changing because of it, embracing that change comes naturally.🙂
 
byefatlicia said:

Something I've picked up on as my health has improved: the way others interact with me has shifted. I work in sales, and honestly, I'm closing deals at a better rate now that I appear healthier. Maybe my increased confidence plays into it. Still, I'd bet it has more to do with my improved appearance...





View attachment 11224
Man! Twice in one week this happened to me. A pair of different women gave me a once-over, then a second look, and smiled. That sort of attention isn't something I'm accustomed to. I'm in my 50's and married, but it still felt good and caught me off guard.

A few friends who are in a position to say it have also told me, without me asking, that I'm looking good. You know, the type of genuine friends who will also tell you "you look rough" or "your fly is down" or "what's that smell? is it you? is it me?" That kind of friend.

Anyone else had comments come their way without asking?
 
byefatlicia said:

Something I've picked up on as my health has improved: the way others interact with me has shifted. I work in sales, and honestly, I'm closing deals at a better rate now that I appear healthier. Maybe my increased confidence plays into it. Still, I'd bet it has more to do with my improved appearance...





View attachment 11224
My take is that people are mostly superficial. I didn't even register your username until you mentioned being thinner. So yeah, that says something!
 
For me, the sole drawback of dropping 62 lbs is that my face finally matches my years. Before, that wasn't really the case. I'm addressing it using topical GHK-Cu combined with The Ordinary, and this product is fantastic. There's no actual firming, but my skin tone has never looked this good.

Also, if your goal is to become unseen by the world, just reach your late 60's-70s. It feels as though folks now gaze right past you instead of at you.
 
AcadiaPeptides said:

byefatlicia said:

Something I've picked up on as my health has improved: the way others interact with me has shifted. I work in sales, and honestly, I'm closing deals at a better rate now that I appear healthier. Maybe my increased confidence plays into it. Still, I'd bet it has more to do with my improved appearance...





View attachment 11224
Man! Twice in one week this happened to me. A pair of different women gave me a once-over, then a second look, and smiled. That sort of attention isn't something I'm accustomed to. I'm in my 50's and married, but it still felt good and caught me off guard.

A few friends who are in a position to say it have also told me, without me asking, that I'm looking good. You know, the type of genuine friends who will also tell you "you look rough" or "your fly is down" or "what's that smell? is it you? is it me?" That kind of friend.

Anyone else had comments come their way without asking?
LOL, yeah man, that kind of thing really throws you for a loop when it happens. One of my employees' wife told me "hey your looking good" while he was close enough to hear it. I have never seen anyone shoot such a angry if looks could kill stair EVER!!! But the comment was pretty flattering.
 
Chili777 said:

For me, the sole drawback of dropping 62 lbs is that my face finally matches my years. Before, that wasn't really the case. I'm addressing it using topical GHK-Cu combined with The Ordinary, and this product is fantastic. There's no actual firming, but my skin tone has never looked this good.

Also, if your goal is to become unseen by the world, just reach your late 60's-70s. It feels as though folks now gaze right past you instead of at you.
Exactly — that's the heart of it. No more baby face for me, and the way people read me on the job is not the same anymore. Some parts of work have gotten easier because of it; other parts have gotten harder.
 
Back
Top